It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US financial crisis panel to open

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

US financial crisis panel to open

news.bbc.co.uk

The US Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission (FCIC) will hold its first public hearing on Wednesday.

The 10-member panel was established by Congress to examine the causes of the 2008 US financial crisis.

It will examine the "root causes of the crisis, hearing testimony on the causes and current state of the crisis" from private and public sector leaders.

Witnesses will include top executives from Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Morgan Stanley and Bank of America.

Findings and the report of the
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
We are slowly getting into a period where more and more scrutiny into various affairs is happening. There have been many investigations in the allegations of wrongdoing in the war on Iraq, the Madoff affair, and now the financial crisis.

In your opinion, will this investigation allow for the NWO or any other group to be exposed? Will it really change the way the U.S. conducts business?

Peace,

Magnum

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
If the current UK enquiry into the Iraq War is anything to go by ... I don't think they'll do much good.

I would hazard a guess that all these enquiries are a way for TPTB to sweep current global mess under the carpet, whilst giving the impression to the masses that they are actually doing something about it.

I would be VERY shocked if any of them came to anything.

EDIT to say S+F

[edit on 12/1/2010 by Dagar]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
This commission will be as effective as the 9/11 and other ”offical investigations” have been .These bankers are major campaign contributors to both parties there is no way they will be asked any real qestions.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Most likely they'll come up with some "outside cause" (like irresponsible banks, which I agree with but really isn't the source of the problem) that will give the government an excuse to pass some sort of regulatory legislation that would probably benefit some private interest but hurt the common US citizen.

Peter Schiff tried to get on the council so he could give them his reasoning of the cause, but of course he was rejected. I mean seriously the man who called the crash isn't even invited to be a part of this council? They clearly don't have our best interests at hand.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
What now, they're investigating their own HEIST????

OMG

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I have a decent analogy to sum this up.

You have 3000 dollars. You can buy a car with a strong engine in it but the car has no shocks, or a slow car with shocks, AC, etc.

The fast car may get you a quicker head start but one little bump in the road and you are ******.

This is what happened with us and debt. We took off like a rocket and had no financial backup if the easy way out did not work. So we can either try to fix this problem by flying off like an idiot again or slowly working our way back up.

Realistically, there are many things that occurred that brought us down but I think my comparison isn't all that bad of one

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It's all an illusion. It's like a tv show just for you the audience. They want you to think there really is justice when in fact that is just another illusion. Don't mind the man behind the curtain. Go back to what you were doing.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Hmmm.... Witnesses include top execs from all the top banks in America you say? I wouldn't be suprised if Bernanke showed up there too, for old time's sake.

All this tells me is that a bunch of silver-tongued devils will set up some strawmen, albeit in very fancy designer clothes, with sheik names and attitudes, and they will proceed to tell all of us how these were the causes of the disaster. This will in turn spawn even more unnecessary legislation and taxation, waste tons of taxpayer dollars, all the while sweeping the actual reasons for the collapse under the carpet.

To figure out the end result of this, just replace FCIC with NIST, and replace disclosure of financial collapse initiators with disclosure of 9/11 truths and you get a pretty good picture.

NEXUS

top topics

join