It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One in eight Americans receives food stamps: U.S

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

One in eight Americans receives food stamps: U.S

Some 37.9 million people -- one in eight Americans -- received food stamps to help buy food at latest count, the government said on Tuesday as enrollment set a record for the ninth month in a row.

Reuters

Americans are broke... I know some of those 38 million people are nothing but liars living of the government, but not all.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It is so funny how great our government thinks it is. A great government would have 0 use for food stamps. Everyone living in it's country would be so well off they'd be worried about lowering the worst tax bracket. But no, we have wel-fare, medicare, etc. Every single backup plan in the world to when a government goes wrong. It's one of the best jokes in the world, the greatest sources of humor, that people like Obama and other status quo lovers think they are so smart.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Corporate welfare is where the real action is.

Tax deductions if you go bankrupt is always a good one.

Tax deduction for inventory.

Income tax free if you're non-profit.

Tax deduction for "donations" to a place of your choice that you then get to control!!

Big fat government contracts through the big black budget.

Tax shelters for investing and getting rich off getting workers fired and driving down wages, etc.

Oh yeah that's the real economy -- not to mention drugs, weapon sales and banking where you can just print money, launder drug money in the trillions, and illegal weapon sales.

Personally I like devaluing other country's currency -- then I go in and just rape their resources -- but if they don't like it there's always my secret military government handout to enforce the new law.

Inside trading is the best -- Wall Street CREATED THE CIA!! What a deal!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I don't understand why so many of you are against helping people ..

I don't mind if my taxes are being used to help those in need. ..

We are a community .. we should all help each other ..

My Taxes will pay for your food stamps .. Your Taxes will pay for my dental .. etc, etc , etc ..

That is how it should work ..

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Polynomial C]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

I would choose to feed the masses with my taxes, rather than kill them.
Let's just skip ONE useless war, and fix this GD country.

sp

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Absum!]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
By the way. Let's all get together on this cost of the program and where we are today.
Because it seems like some people don't like to hear less fortunate folks receiving anything for free.

Consider that there are good, decent hard working folks who never in their life expected a handout, and now with this horrible job vacuum they need that help.

In addition, by gods grace and our generosity it is there to help them squeak through this rough patch.
Moreover, to quibble about the costs is purely insane.

I will tell you why.

In 2010, they (US) are planning to spend 136 BILLION dollars on this war in Iraq & Afghanistan.
Now consider the food stamp programs cost of $28 Million dollars; to help our friends and neighbors.
Every dollar they spend on goods goes directly into the local economy.

I have been recently more and more ashamed at the callousness that
has infected the hearts and minds of some Americans.

The numbers and sources.

NYTimes
Cost of War Project

Our govenrment is suppose to help our citizens!!

WAR (killing, death, and blood money for the elite.)
FOOD (Your neighbors, their kids, and keeping peace at home.)

BTW that works our to roughly .02 of 1 percent of the cost of the wars. (2010)
So by spending a scant 1% of the war funds we could increase the food program 50 times over.
(consider 1% of the war costs could pay for the program for FIFTY YEARS)
Not that we should, but I'm sure there are many other things we could do with that money.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Fuel assistance is also on the rise because of the increase in energy costs due to the EPA declaring CO2 a pollutant and energy companies like AEP having to pay fines which are passed on to you and me. It's a tax basically to pay for empire building (wars). If my electric bill continues to rise I also will have to apply for energy assistance or offset it with food assistance.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
America is the greatest country on this planet ! you know how many times i hear that crap on YouTube comments lol
i almost feel sorry for these trolls

this is just a small example why i think the united states is a a credit whore that will not stop its already gone over its limit by 20 times

The Pentagon wants to spend just over $50 billion on classified programs next year, newly-released Defense Department

can you believe this !!!! 30 + million people on food stamps but these people want to spend billions on banks and trillions on black projects !

Read More www.wired.com...

Just how many people can that 50 billion dollar package feed or help in America ?

the black budget spends trillions yes really spends that much every 5 to 10 years

and how many of you true Americans have been helped by your government when your in need ? TELL ME have you ever been helped when you run out of money ?? have the government given you a home ?? what has the government done to make your life better ????

nothing but taking your money and spending it where it doesn't belong ! and that is why you people are in such credit whores it will take a hand of god to remove your trillions of dollars of debt to the world.

you people are doomed and i can not believe my Eye when i see most Americans bragging we are superpower ! dude your whole country is alive on credit.

and this post just shows how much you people are stupid ! wakup the rest of the world has been tellign you this for years !!!!!!! freaking years

you are not so great but average get on with the program ! take back your country !!! hang the bankers !

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Where do I sign up?

See if you can find the speelnig erorr:

We're sorry, we like to encourage posts that contribue to the discussion.
Your post has been determined to be too short. Please use your browser's back button and add to your message.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by aspx

It is evident that we lost control of this country around 20 years ago.
The pride Americans once held is covered with #e like,
torture, false flag wars, and stolen elections.

We are in dire times, and Obama won because he offered the one thing we needed, hope.
And, even that is now fading as we ramp up to spend and kill more foreigners with borrowed money.

And we will owe more to the Federal Reserve, and the elite who manufacture the tools of war will profit,
and the sons and daughters will perish needlessly.
It is enough to make a grown man cry.

new topics

top topics

join