It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy SEAL's trial in detainee abuse moved to Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Since this is still unbelieveable to me......what is this trial going to cost? We are actually having someone tried for a fat lip.........at what cost? This is absolutely nuts.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
We need more than a "few" Congressmen involved in this....I haven't listened to Michael Savage in awhile, I wonder if he's on this?

Call/email your local Congressman & bring this to their attention, this is an OUTRAGE.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
From my understanding they're on trial because they chose to go to trial as opposed to their non-judicial punishment they would have recieved.

Maj. Gen. Charles T. Cleveland, head of Special Operations Command Central, said he chose to deal with the incident through non judicial punishment - an option that would have kept the case out of the public eye but could have effectively ended the SEALs' careers.

The men refused that option and chose to face courts-martial.

The issue at hand is not necessarily hitting a prisoner but that they tried to cover up the fact when asked about it.

The Army general who ordered three local Navy SEALs to trial for their involvement in an alleged case of detainee abuse says he is more upset by the men's apparent attempt to cover up the incident than by the "relatively minor" injuries inflicted on a high-value detainee.

It's also believed that the prisoner didn't bring up the charges but it was other servicemembers who had a problem with attacking a detainee.

...the allegations of mistreatment didn't start with Abed and aren't based solely on his word. Rather, the allegations were "initially raised by other U.S. service members," he wrote.

Source

new topics

join