It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Taxes in 2010????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Hi, I am a 2 year college student and had a tax class last year with my professor telling us that we are going to have higher taxes for the year 2010.

Currently my dad got a paycheck from his work that showed more taxes/money taken out of his paycheck.

He showed me the previous checks last year where the situation is the same. The only difference we found is that my dad got more taxes taken out of his paycheck.

Before he would only get .57 cents taken out for social security. Now we see a state income tax and a federal income tax and medicare and social security. This totaled to about 200 bucks taken out of the check whereas before he only got .57 cents taken out.

So I wounder if they are already raising taxes. I know algore wanted to push a carbon and fat tax on use for global warming which they have no solid proof that humans are the ones contributing to global warming.

I seen on discovery channel scientist in Antarctica that would collect samples of the glaciers ice and would look at the rings just like how they would cut a tree and see in the trunk of the tree the rings it would tell a story of that tree ... same thing with the ice.

They found out that global warming is a natural process that happened many many years ago.

I would like to know if anyone knows of any new taxes being pushed for 2010 and 2011.

here is some senator that talks about more taxes:

www.youtube.com...

it's a youtube video. Just wondering if we will have higher taxes in 2010?

here is cnn just talking about more new laws for 2010 and taxes for different states.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 12-1-2010 by computerwiz32]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

Just wondering, what college to you claim to attend? This post absolutely does not seem legitimate, and seems more likely to be a hit piece playing off of using taxes as a source of fear. 57cents to over 200 dollars just does not pass the smell test. A tax expert making a blanket statement about individual's tax liability for a year, not likely.

Really, this post has the feel of a poorly written chain email that gets recycled around the interwebs.

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

I am in a university in michigan. Won't say the name.

The stuff I gave was about my dad's paycheck.

before in 2009 he would get only .57 cents taken out of his pay check for social security only. That was it.

Now for Jan his pay check has total of 200 bucks taken out in taxes. We can see Federal tax income taking some money out of the paycheck, the state income tax, Medicare, social security taking out more then .57 cents.

I am in the State of Michigan.

This is what we see on the summery statement that gets attached to your paycheck when sent to you threw them mail.

That part is true on what we see but we are not sure if it's normal. I am not trying to create fear on taxes.

I am just saying I had a tax class course that the professor told us to get ready for 2010 because you will get more taxes and possible to get some taxes increased slightly.

I posted some youtube videos that show other states where the states legislation tried pushing new taxes and increasing some taxes.

I am not saying that I know 100% that taxes will go up and their will be more new taxes in 2010.

I am just saying I am hearing alot about this even from tax professionals meaning my professor who is a CPA and a CMA. He owns his own accounting firm. He told us about this.

So I posted here asking fellow members of ATS of what you think about this and does anyone have something to add to this. So we could figure out if their might be some new taxes or some increases in taxes for 2010.

I would think at some point we need ti raise taxes to pay back the high defecate we are in with our current budget financial crises.

That is all I am saying. As for the paycheck part I know it's true and a fact it did happened to my dad. We just got the check today. I just don't know if it's for everyone and if this is normal meaning it's already happend and it's supposed to happened. Yet situations never changed since 2009. The only changes that occurred is that what is getting taken out of my dad's paycheck. It increased with what gets withdrawn from my dads paycheck.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

I am in a university in michigan. Won't say the name.

The stuff I gave was about my dad's paycheck.

before in 2009 he would get only .57 cents taken out of his pay check for social security only. That was it.

Now for Jan his pay check has total of 200 bucks taken out in taxes. We can see Federal tax income taking some money out of the paycheck, the state income tax, Medicare, social security taking out more then .57 cents.

I am in the State of Michigan.

This is what we see on the summery statement that gets attached to your paycheck when sent to you threw them mail.

That part is true on what we see but we are not sure if it's normal. I am not trying to create fear on taxes.

I am just saying I had a tax class course that the professor told us to get ready for 2010 because you will get more taxes and possible to get some taxes increased slightly.

I posted some youtube videos that show other states where the states legislation tried pushing new taxes and increasing some taxes.

I am not saying that I know 100% that taxes will go up and their will be more new taxes in 2010.

I am just saying I am hearing alot about this even from tax professionals meaning my professor who is a CPA and a CMA. He owns his own accounting firm. He told us about this.

So I posted here asking fellow members of ATS of what you think about this and does anyone have something to add to this. So we could figure out if their might be some new taxes or some increases in taxes for 2010.

I would think at some point we need ti raise taxes to pay back the high defecate we are in with our current budget financial crises.

That is all I am saying. As for the paycheck part I know it's true and a fact it did happened to my dad. We just got the check today. I just don't know if it's for everyone and if this is normal meaning it's already happend and it's supposed to happened. Yet situations never changed since 2009. The only changes that occurred is that what is getting taken out of my dad's paycheck. It increased with what gets withdrawn from my dads paycheck.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

Well, that should do wonders for the economy.
Stuck in a bad recession? No problem. Lets raise taxes! Now people will spend less!
Wow! Great idea!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Doesn't make sense.

Social Security will be 6.2% of gross wages up to the limit (somewhere upwards of $96,000?)

Medicare tax is 1.45% of gross wages

Now federal withholding can vary depending on the amount of wages in the paycheck and the number of allowances claimed on the person's W-4. For my hubby, his federal withholding at the end of the year was almost $0 because we increased his allowances. First paycheck of this year, we put them back to normal and federal withholding increased.

But I can pretty much assure you that taxes WILL be higher in 2010.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Why pay taxes to a government that no longer represents the peoples interests? Thats taxation without representation and you are paying them to keep enslaving us all to their system. If they would just learn that if you let people keep their hard earned money then that extra money would end up back into the economy and create jobs. I myself am keeping my money and am not going to support the crooks or pay for my own slavery. Since I am self employed I am on a 1099 and I dont keep anything in my own name and that way I have nothing to lose.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by lockman]

top topics

join