It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Hate What America Has Become

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

It also survived the likes of Jimmy Carter, and a whole host of others, who, shockingly enough were even worse than George Bush II...

Look up James Buchanan sometime. Calvin Coolidge. Franklin Delano Roosevelt. The list is rather extensive...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This is an excerpt from the original post:

And before you go thinking this is a "liberal" based rant.....that brings me to one more item on an ever-lengthening list.

This "Liberal" versus "Conservative" paradigm that so many of you simple dunces buy into.....as BOTH parties sell you out to the multinational corporations, banks and special interests that actually run Washington D.C.).....

Why do some of you make this a liberal vs conservative thing when the author clearly told you it wasn't a rant and that BOTH parties sell you down the river?

Selective reading anyone?

[edit on 14-1-2010 by EMPIRE]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

It also survived the likes of Jimmy Carter, and a whole host of others, who, shockingly enough were even worse than George Bush II...

Look up James Buchanan sometime. Calvin Coolidge. Franklin Delano Roosevelt. The list is rather extensive...

imho FDR did a fair job and he probably wasn't as painful to watch and listen to as GWB.

As yet, as in effective as he may be, Obama didn't commit 10% of dangerously mislead decisions of his predecessor and others.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Star and flag CherryTop, good find, wish I had written that one myself. I fully agree with most of the letter, and I too am saddened and made angry at how complacent America has become. We sit idly by while our sons and daughters fight in what is now accepted is an illegal war action started up by GWB for political reasons. Meanwhile the chemical companies keep right on pumping toxins into the air and draining them into the water, and we let them. Walmart is getting rich selling us cheap Chinese made junk, and it is really hard to even find American made goods anymore, anywhere. The car companies have us all convinced that the burning of Brown's Gas is dangerous and does not work ever, meanwhile they are producing a car real soon that will carry a tank full of the highly explosive fuel, when it should be made on demand. I would not want to crash into one of these highway bombs. My State just passed a law that makes it illegal to text while driving, meanwhile thousands have died doing this. One State is finally getting around to actually putting a radiation warning on cell phones, after thousands have died from radiation poisoning from carrying them in a pocket. Our leaders are idiots, and have been since Kennedy. Everyone thinks Sarah Palin is not "intellectually suited" to be president, and I myself am a little afraid of her, but hey, I would like to see a COMMON PERSON in there just one time, you know what I mean? America has soldiers stationed in 130 countries worldwide, and for what, exactly? To further an Empire. An Empire based on false promises, illegal money exchange produced and ran by a private bank for profit, while our Intelligence Agency runs weapons and drugs for these guys, and then we pay through the nose in tax dollars to stop the illegal flow of drugs into this country. We let our international borders remain as open as possible, while we are over run by people who cannot, and will not even learn our language or customs. These guys ogle our women, but is we even look at a pretty woman of theirs, they are ready to fight us. We have made the entire Muslim world hate us enough to try to kill us all off, and then we sit and let our Rich Elite Banker and Corrupt Government frantically build deep underground bases to escape the coming disaster, our tax dollars pay trillions for this, but we the People are not invited. Yes, I am angry, and ashamed of what my America has become.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
While I do agree with some of what this person wrote. I have to find it funny that he complains that Americans do nothing while the country is being destroyed from within. Like writing a letter on Craigs list is going to make any difference. What has this guy done to save the country?

Would it make a difference if he "crotchbombed" AIG????

Or would they just turn it around that he's from yemen and hates us because we're free?

You think about that.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Shhhhh, if some of these people find out that FDR's wasn't a great President their heads may explode. Next thing, you are probably going to let people in on the secret that JFK didn't actually accomplish much in office and his policies are straight out of the Republican playbook of today. Crap I just let the secret out!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Cherryontop

Have you even read the bill you. Whether the panels are called "death panels" or not the result is the same. A small handful of individuals who are "stakeholders", which by the way makes no mention of the consumer, will make decisions on which procedures are allowed and what insurance plans are acceptable. You are probably part of the asshat crowd that elected zero. Notice we are still in Afghanistan? Notice that TSA has greater control than before? Notice that the economy sucks even more than under the bush? Zero and his posse don't give a damn about you, this country or freedom anymore than bush and posse did. Now the secret service questions those who question his eligibility! Whether it's a stupid and ridiculous theory, doesn't it make you squirm the least bit? Bet it would have the bush administration had pulled that stunt. We all need to realize that we don't control anything whether the dems are in charge or the gop.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pacific_waters

Did you even read my post? I did not author that letter, sir.
Pot, meet kettle.

For the 5th time at least...
"This is a repost of a letter I found at Craigslist. So on the money that I felt it needed to be seen by more. I don't know who authored it, but I'd like to shake his hand."

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Cherryontop]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

lol i watch fox news every day for hours on end and its kind of funny that Glen Beck says a lot of the same things that this guy said. its people like you that allow the tyrants that run this country to take and use what ever they want from the American people. all fox news ever talks about is the opinions of people about the same topics that are being force fed by the American government. as they do so, they deny any bit of information that can actually be called news. our media is a joke.

if u want the truth about what is happening with this country watch the world news. watch other opinions other than conservative, liberal one sided views. you trust way to much. you trust our leaders and news casters as if they are your family. would you trust a miscellanies man who walks into your house and uses for his own? people find it so hard to believe that our leaders could resemble the tyrants of the past. you can stay blind to what is actually happening in the world but im not going to sit idly by while im being force fed worthless information.

i pry to God that you and the others of this country that think the way you do, finally come to there senses.

WAKE UP!!!!

That was just a parody of the whole crazy way so many people think these days . I just hope the stars I got were from people that realized it for the parody and not for a literal interpretation.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The thread was political bile and should not have been allowed to begin with. I was merely pointing out the the BS he was spouting. There was nothing of intellectual value in the thread. So i am not guilty of political trolling as you put it!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
It amuses me that the author is disgusted by 28% of people that think Palin should run in 2012 but the fact that Obama was elected didn't seem to bother him. Personally I would like to meet him/her just to ask who I should vote for. I personally am a moderate (closer to a libertarian) but Reagan, or so I have been told, destroyed any chance of a 3rd party candidate. The author is clearly a liberal that is angry that the democrats are doing just as the republicans did before them and the democrats before that and so on and so on. If someone could message him and tell him to look up The Who "Won't get Fooled Again" so he might realize that this isn't a new problem. Americans just elected a man that they knew absolutely nothing about just on the basis of Hope and Change. I don't see our problems (ignorance mainly) getting resolved anytime soon. ╪ ♠ ☻ ♥ ☺ ♦ ♣ • ◘ ○ ♠ ♥ ☺

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE
Hey I live in Australia and watching America Unravel is nothing less than a tragedy for the world! There will be no winners if it falls, I just hope they can get it togeather before that happens.

so do i. maybe they have to really touch bottom before they get up and kick ask.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
U better start lerning to eat with them chopsticks and play pingpong

´cause one day soon U´ll wake up to celebration hymns to Mao on the radio..

Good luck

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asherah
There is only one way to get (most) Americans angry enough to want to change things.

Take away their cable or satellite services. Cut their tv off completely.

My brother used to work for a cable company, and he used to tell me how angry people would get if their cable was cut off.

In some cases, they would completely lose their minds. Threaten to beat him up, threaten to kill him, etc. It's amazing what people will do when they are about to lose their T.V.

The company he worked for knew this, and trained all employees how to handle angry customers, especially the ones who got violent.

Turn off the t.v. of collective America and they might be willing to pay attention to something else other than American Idol.

As a child born out of the 60's, growing up in the 70's, it amazes me how no one wants to do anything that requires them being without a cell phone, ipod, or computer. People are hypnotized, and until they come out of it I'm afraid this nation will NOT revolt much against anything.....as a whole.

Thank God you said it. I myself have said that the cheapest and surest way to beat the terrorists in the Middle East is to build an electrical infrastructure and put free TV into the homes of all families for the next 25 years. I would guarantee you that it would be cheaper than this whole war and peace would be achievable in the Middle East. It wouldn't happen immediately but as the man Ronald Reagan once said (kinda) "We are only one generation away."

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cherryontop

I cannot agree more! Your dead on with this rant.

I cannot help but remember MJK (Maynard James Kenyan)
"I tried to educate and make a difference in the world, I gave up."

I really do think that the ignorant fools get what they have coming, just don't expect me and mine to go along with it.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
Threads too full of ignorant name calling for me to take it seriously. sorry, next time be a little more... un egoist.

Amen. The original post read as though the author was working off a nasty hangover.

He also is not quick to describe the alternative course of action he prefers to handing a box of signed blank checks to Barack Obama, who has been in Wall Street's pocked since his days in the Senate. I don't trust him, not because of his skin color but because of his track record - the guy GAVE $787 billion to his friends and political supporters (i.e., the rich and powerful of the Democratic Party, and left-wing extremists of all shapes and sizes).

Notice that there's no memo from the intel section at Homeland Security titled "Left-Wing Extremists," nor "Racial Extremists," despite beatings of white kids at school and on school buses and despite the sadistic murder/rape of two white students by six African-Americans, and despite the racially-motivated (in part) beating of an African-American by several SEIU union thugs last August at a "town hall meeting" selling Federal healthcare - NONE of which have been investigated as Federal hate crimes.

Neither has the stationing of Black Panthers with clubs in front of a polling place in violation of the Voting Rights Act, again captured on videotape if nowhere else, been acted on by Attorney-General Eric ("Place") Holder, the most rabidly and openly racist man to hold that position in some time, and the most politically motivated prosecutor of his political enemies, those famous "Rightwing Extremists," since Richard Nixon's Attorney-General John Mitchell.

To the extent that the ranter who started this thread is either attacking conservatives and them only or defending the current administration, HE'S the sheep. It's just a pity he and the others who voted for Obama can't waddle off to the slaughter by George Soros's personally-owned president without taking us with him. Real "Home and Change" would be these people growing up enough to know when they're being bull#ted during an election.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Murky]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyCitizen
U better start lerning to eat with them chopsticks and play pingpong

´cause one day soon U´ll wake up to celebration hymns to Mao on the radio..

Good luck

We already have a President who has Mao ornaments on the White House christmas tree.

But slowly but surely, the direction is changing - the party of Obama got handed a dire humiliation when Ted Kennedy's old Senate seat was won by the candidate who wasn't an Obama-ite. This came directly after Obama flew directly from the disaster in Haiti to Massachusetts to try and forestall an even greater disaster - the election for Massachusetts' newest Senator becoming at least partly a referendum on his betrayal of most of the American people so that the privileged few - union members who don't have to pay as much into the health care system they've helped force on the rest of us, and the crooked bankers and investment houses who helped finance Obama's Presidential campaign. We couldn't have gotten a more crooked man in the White House if we'd tried.

But Massachusetts has, instead, sent Obama and the Crooked-Crats away disappointed. Not that I care for the Republican Party particularly, I'm a Libertarian, but it's clearly a case of Anybody but Obama or an Obama Democrat. As we come closer to the mid-term national elections in November of this year, nearly every Senator and Representative in Obama's party faces either lopsided defeat or severe challenges in keeping their Congressional seats.

This isn't a win for the Republicans as much as it is an affirmation of what new Senator Scott Brown of Massachusetts shouted during his campaign - "It's the People's Seat!!" - in answer to the Democratic party candidate's claim that somehow she should have been elected to keep that Senate seat in the Democratic Party. The most liberal state in the Union turned against liberalism when it came to enabling Obama to force badly-designed, badly-administered government health care (which the people of Massachusetts have already and are having bad problems with) on our country. Big poltiical parties, not any particular one, are losing and losing big. They just don't answer Americans' needs any longer.

I think that coalition politics are going to be this country's salvation. We need more than two political parties to serve 330 million people.

We also need education of the public NOT to elect very obvious crooks from ANY party. Obama was very obviously a crook when a Senator - very much in Wall Street's pocket, and very much into letting them crap on their employees and making it much harder to sue abusive employers and stock broking firms in court by restricting class-action law suits in those categories to the already over-crowded Federal court system.

Every TV news network but Fox co-operated in the failure to tell the public about this. Same for Obama's acceptance of bundled employee contributions from law firms which were also registered lobbyists for Wall Street. These people knew about this and wouldn't run the story. So still another thing we need to do to save ourselves is to make the difficult decision not to watch TV networks who hide the bad news about candidates. When they feel the pain, they will see the light.

And eventually America WILL see the light, and Obama will be a worse name in the history books than Nixon.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Murky]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
What makes me angry is the fact that in America you are either A: Stuck watching your distraction shows and divided between dem and rep, or B: Posting rants on ATS, or whetever that do have realistic connotation, but where do they get you after people read it? No where.

I was born in 1990. In highschool I tried to get my peers to gather and discuss our countries policy on everything, and become active politically. I was shunned and labeled "crazy". People don't want to be weened off of the government's teet. They like their sports, xbox, and computer games. They love their alternative news sites where they can vent their frustrations and get off on ranting to their moniter.

The fact of the matter is, no one wants to get up and do the work to make a difference. Its sad, but true. I can only do so much by myself and I sure as hell will try. Have a nice day.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Foul-mouthed malcontents never help the situation. All they do is complain. Rants are their only contribution to society.

Btw - I LOVE what America has become. My favorite newest US-Good is Internet (*Made in America*) Sarah Palin (*Sexy Candidate *Made in America*) and Obama (*First Black President *Made in America*).

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
No, Dita von Teese for president if you want sexy in the white house.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join