It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagining the 4th Dimension

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Let me star of to warn you, I am telling the information I have read, this is how I understand it. I am currently reading a book called Hyperspace, by Michio Kaku.

1st Dimension: width

2nd Dimension: width, height

3rd Dimension: width, height, depth

4th Dimension: width, height, depth, ???

A 4 dimensional creature views the 3rd dimension. They see 3d objects at every single angle possible.

A 3 dimensional creature views the 2nd dimension.
We are 3 dimensional, we cannot see 3d, but we can perceive it.

If we where to see a 4 dimensional being, it would be like a moving, changing blob, if it enters our dimension. Normally, they are invisible, because we have 3d brains, not 4d brains.

If a 2nd dimensional being sees us, it sees our cross section, if we put our hand into a 2nd dimensional world it will see the 4 longest fingers as circles, and slowly change as it goes down.

Have you ever made a paper cube as a child? If you have, you will remember this shape.

This is the same thing for a 4 dimensional object.

If you fold it up, it will become 4 dimensional. (Which is impossible for a 3d being like us)

A 4d being is able to see us like we see 2d worlds, everything at once. They can see inside us, around us, and everything. They can move through walls, because our laws don't apply to them.

What are your thoughts on this? Could the 4d beings be our gods who are all seeing?

Has anyone ever seen a floating blob of sorts?

Edit for grammar.
[edit on 12-1-2010 by Phlynx]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
According to M-Theory, the 4th dimension allows a person to see there own time-line, it has nothing to do with how you look. When looking into dimensions, there are two main rules that apply as standard:
1) You can interact with every dimension below yours and
2) You can percieve one dimension above yours.

So we can interact with dimensions one, two, and three, and we can percieve and are bound by the laws and effects of time.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingoftheworld
According to M-Theory, the 4th dimension allows a person to see there own time-line, it has nothing to do with how you look. When looking into dimensions, there are two main rules that apply as standard:
1) You can interact with every dimension below yours and
2) You can percieve one dimension above yours.

So we can interact with dimensions one, two, and three, and we can percieve and are bound by the laws and effects of time.

I don't remember what this theory is, but it hypothesizes one "space" dimension above ours.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
There are no special 4-D or 5-D spatial dimensions. The first three dimensions are spatial, the 4th to 10th are just different configurations of time.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by np6888
There are no special 4-D or 5-D spatial dimensions. The first three dimensions are spatial, the 4th to 10th are just different configurations of time.

Why can't there be more spatial dimensions? I want to hear your facts.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

According to quantum theory, and quantum mechanics, that is how the math works out. "I do not make the laws of existance, I only enforce them".

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx

One of the better UFO sightings on record is the 1995 Nellis AFB range-finding recording:

Google Video Link

And here's a stabilized, cropped view of object:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/798cebd66e34.gif[/atsimg]

Several people who have analyzed the S-30 tape have concluded it's possibly the result of interdimensional clipping. I have an excellent article somewhere around here, describing exactly the geometry seen in this video as what we could expect if we came in contact with a higher-dimensional volume.

I'll post it when I find it.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Xtraeme]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
Let me star of to warn you, I am telling the information I have read, this is how I understand it. I am currently reading a book called Hyperspace, by Michio Kaku.

1st Dimension: width

2nd Dimension: width, height

3rd Dimension: width, height, depth

4th Dimension: width, height, depth, ???

A 4 dimensional creature views the 3rd dimension. They see 3d objects at every single angle possible.

A 3 dimensional creature views the 2nd dimension.
We are 3 dimensional, we cannot see 3d, but we can perceive it.

If we where to see a 4 dimensional being, it would be like a moving, changing blob, if it enters our dimension. Normally, they are invisible, because we have 3d brains, not 4d brains.

If a 2nd dimensional being sees us, it sees our cross section, if we put our hand into a 2nd dimensional world it will see the 4 longest fingers as circles, and slowly change as it goes down.

Have you ever made a paper cube as a child? If you have, you will remember this shape.

This is the same thing for a 4 dimensional object.

If you fold it up, it will become 4 dimensional. (Which is impossible for a 3d being like us)

A 4d being is able to see us like we see 2d worlds, everything at once. They can see inside us, around us, and everything. They can move through walls, because our laws don't apply to them.

What are your thoughts on this? Could the 4d beings be our gods who are all seeing?

Edit for grammar.

if i am not completely a fool, my understanding is that the 4rth dimension is the emergence of "christ consciousness" on the dimensional playing field. it signifies a shifting in harmonic frequency of the brain in accordance to its interaction and interference in the perceived world around it.

a 4rth dimensional being is just someone who understand these little tidbits of information. Some people engage the "Super-Man(Lizard King)" ego as long as Avatar "engaged" its "target audience". Some, let it slip as easily and effortlessly as "spatial metaphors", when you realize there is only a need for them so long as we want there to be a need for them.

There is a lot of material on the internet about "dimensional awareness"..."you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink the f'ing water", so to speak, to speak, bluntly!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I feel compelled to post the Carl Sagan 4D explanation. It's so fascinating! And...beyond my understanding at the moment.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by misterglad] because embedding is confusing!

[edit on 12-1-2010 by misterglad]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The question gets confusing because some people speak of time as the 4th dimension, while others speak of a "fourth spatial dimension." They are talking about different things, so bear this in mind.

The OP is talking about a "fourth spatial dimension."

A simple way to think about this is by analogy with a 3-dimensional object encountering a flat, 2D world. This was the premise behind Edwin A. Abbot's classic book Flatland.

Using the above anlogy, imagine a 3D sphere slowly descending through a 2D plane and then coming out below on the other side. Any "people" living in the 2-D plane would perceive the sphere as a line segment which started out tiny, grew to a maximum size (at the "equator" of the sphere," and then dwindled and shrank again.

By analogy, a 4D "hyperspehere" entering and then leaving our 3D space might seem like a circular shape emerging from nothing, growing to a certain size, and then dwindling down to nothing again.

I picked a spehere because its an easier shape than any other to work with in this anaology. Start passing more complex 4D shapes in and out of 3D space, and things get much more complex. But the underlying principle is the same.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
According to string theory, the 4th dimension is duration/time.

To look at ourselves in the 4th dimension is to see our past, our present and our future all at once like "a long undulating snake" ... anyone seen Donnie Darko?

This video explains the string theory's explanation of dimension simply yet elegantly.

edit:
reply to post by kingoftheworld

That is a very nice explanation ... have you seen this vid?

[edit on 12/1/10 by Horza]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by misterglad

I feel compelled to post the Carl Sagan 4D explanation. It's so fascinating! And...beyond my understanding at the moment.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by misterglad] because embedding is confusing!

[edit on 12-1-2010 by misterglad]

Physics of Abundance(or recognizing that you have more of something than you need ~ moderation in all things).

Large scaled structure...

We already have a 4rth dimension - reptilian connection - not a conspiracy, just demonstrating something. When considering the 4rth dimension of the ego-projection, think "reptilian aspect" of the human mind.

Getting back to the awesome Mr. Sagan(Phatan - Satan? Whatever...probably not his real name is all i'm saying!).

"Space is curved~finite but unbounded" if I hear him right. What I heard the first time was, current. Whatever...all arbitrary value systems within an arbitrary vale system we refer to as "time".

DO you visualize time, as the makers of this video do:

the relevant timing signature, begins at 3:03 into the song and if you pause the video you can see what I mean about time. And signatures incidentally. Lady GaGa stands frozen in the crystal fabric of space/time(how can there be a seperation of these two if not in substance?), as seen by the producers of the video.

If Lady GaGa is given the ability to relieve the state of suspended animation, she would technically, be given the ability to manipulate the crystal fabric around her. After all, space and time, are measurements of the same arbitrary notions. How long we perceive we have been here, and, consequently, how long we perceive to have left with our time, now that we perceive ourselves to be here.

Incidentally, i've been developing a story of my own where I portray "God" to have this distinct capability of "physical manipulation". Synergy? Maybe, but than, it could be holographically charged atomic principles!

Going back to Sagan, I must point out that I have this documentary, and find it unreasonably filled with supplemental suggestive symbolism. As someone who has studied lightly both fields of play, it's hard to get that wool toque over me eyes b'y, if you follow my meaning.

I would assume that this magificent piece of science fiction, has perfectly served every function it was intended to serve, and will continue to serve. But having seen the documentaru series enough times, it's enough to say that "stupid is, as stupid does". In this case, if you want the universe to fit a year long calendar looking schematic, guess what?

Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream. In this case, you might wanna buckle in tho, because the journey is a cosmic one!

While bringing the science community together under a more harmonized program, it falls way short of attaining any real merits(outside of blu-ray technology I mean), based on its hegelian driven, and science oriented agenda.

Nice meat, in other words, but, do you got potatoes?

;D

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
To me it just looks like you take the inside outside and the upside downside.

en.wikipedia.org...

Wikipedia calls it a tesseract, such as is found in the fantasy novel, A Wrinkle in Time, where some kids travel through time in a tesseract.
en.wikipedia.org...

Mrs. Whatsit, Mrs. Who, and Mrs. Which turn out to be angelic beings who transport Meg, Charles Wallace, and Calvin O'Keefe through the universe by means of tesseract, a fifth-dimensional phenomenon explained as being similar to folding the fabric of space and time.

To me, it just looks similar to a wheel, except the hole is in the middle - where you are supposed to be able to travel wherever it is going, in the novel at least. I don't really think that I can make sense of it, since I don't know of anything that moves that way, I mean other than a conveyor belt, but this would make the belt move from the top and the bottom and both sides..

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Here's another one for you - "The Cube" It's a science fiction movie about 6 people trapped in a Rubik's cube type contraption. They spend their time trying to escape by trying to figure out how to move from cube to cube, safely, based on knowledge of previous cubes. They don't know how or why they came to be in the cube. One of the characters figures out that numbers on the doors of each connected cube contain clues for its successful negotiation. I don't want to give away the solution. This is a 'must-see' film.

I am not sure how this movie would relate to you inquisitions of the fourth dimension, but was thinking that this movie might be of interest.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horza
According to string theory, the 4th dimension is duration/time.

To look at ourselves in the 4th dimension is to see our past, our present and our future all at once like "a long undulating snake" ... anyone seen Donnie Darko?

This video explains the string theory's explanation of dimension simply yet elegantly.

edit:
reply to post by kingoftheworld

That is a very nice explanation ... have you seen this vid?

[edit on 12/1/10 by Horza]

donnie darko - great movie - i follow your meaning.

Dimensional awareness is a spatial metaphor tho, unless i'm uneducated in these matters. I understand your meaning about the string, or river, or snaking fabric of space/time, but this is an observation of a 3 dimensional awareness, from a fourth dimensional point of view. Understanding there is no transcending the physical realm of the 3 dimensional experience.

3d is life, and bigger than. Anything after this, is a reference, or in most works of art, an allusion to, what the expanded human conscious mind does, and is.

"Ride the snake to the lake" in the song "The End", by the Doors, is an obvious reference to the dimensional psychedelic 4d awareness state brought on by the use of drugs. It's a dead horse tho, as Morrison soon found out. That's what happens when you become addicted to life in the 3d state, as our shifting emp signatures, seek to ascend further heights of universal understanding. You either cling to the precious, and it kills you after torturing you for an agonizingly extended period of time, or you understand what is going on, and allow your body and mind to make the journey unimpeded.

You gravite towards life(positive-creative), or you gravitate towards death(negative-destructive).

Most people are already incapable of taking another human life, so there's nothing to be afraid of on that front, and most of the ones who aren't afraid of the karma police, are either almost entirely being watched, if not just by a supra-structure world body of politic, but most certainly by the almighty force of the creator thing that put us here. I like to call it "Cosmic Mom"

Illuminati or not, the universe is alive. We are cells within it. Ebb, or flow.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bookreader

Here's another one for you - "The Cube" It's a science fiction movie about 6 people trapped in a Rubik's cube type contraption. They spend their time trying to escape by trying to figure out how to move from cube to cube, safely, based on knowledge of previous cubes. They don't know how or why they came to be in the cube. One of the characters figures out that numbers on the doors of each connected cube contain clues for its successful negotiation. I don't want to give away the solution. This is a 'must-see' film.

I am not sure how this movie would relate to you inquisitions of the fourth dimension, but was thinking that this movie might be of interest.

on a flat screen tv a cube still appears as a square at any given moment. 4 sides = 4 d = metaphor for the people in the cube, being trapped in it, not realizing "it is the all". why don't they ever get hungry? why no sex? no thirst? they are obviously part of an elaborate system of testing and ???

a little grim, but, fascinating when considering...the "memory" outside the normal constraints of time, is fully manipulatable. Or, as they are called in BladeRunner, "implants", sometimes, "foot prints". whatever, all are saying the same thing.

if you dont believe in something higher out there watching over the "cube", the "game", the "experiment", or the "whatever fits your reality grid/room 101", than, simply put, ok, go watch tv or something, and silently thank Jack Parsons every time something worthwhile comes on!

otherwise, you have to build off the notion that there is indeed something bigger, and more powerful, and as far as intelligence goes, you can't even begin to imagine what happens to intelligence if you apply dimensional awareness to it! This is knowing everything and not knowing anything. You can read now at any moment, because now is always occuring.

There are those who would explain it a lot better than I can, if only they could be made aware of these types of discussions!

;D

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EnemyCombatant74

Well, I'm not sure I follow you. Lady Gaga, crystal fabric, time/space, arbitrary this and that, but it's way too difficult for me to get what you mean. Explain it slower? Fewer leaps...

Going back to Sagan...suggestive symbolism. As someone who has studied lightly both fields of play, it's hard to get that wool toque over me eyes b'y, if you follow my meaning.

I don't follow your meaning...
What wool? What symbolism? What fields?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This could all be much easier for any of you to understand if you learn the vibrational techniques required to actually "see" the 4th dimension. I have seen it and many thousands of others as well. To put it into words is almost impossible. Kind of like describing color to a person born blind. You have to experience it for yourself.

But if you do, you will open the door to controlling manifestation in your 3rd dimensional realm.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by misterglad

Well, I'm not sure I follow you. Lady Gaga, crystal fabric, time/space, arbitrary this and that, but it's way too difficult for me to get what you mean. Explain it slower? Fewer leaps...

Going back to Sagan...suggestive symbolism. As someone who has studied lightly both fields of play, it's hard to get that wool toque over me eyes b'y, if you follow my meaning.

I don't follow your meaning...
What wool? What symbolism? What fields?

I apologize. What I meant is that Carl Sagan and team Cosmos, were trying to solve a problem they were projecting into the world around them. Where does all this come from. I think we may be in danger of derailing the thread, I trust mods, will act accordingly.

There is a lot of overt language and number system symbolism in the show. It can't be helped of course, all expression in the universe is done thgought 2 systems, language and numbers.

Whether they meant to or not, Sagan couldn't help but lace his movies with the occult symbolism connected to astro theology. you can tell just by watching it, if you've been exposed to such concepts as astrothis and that, sacred geometry, and all the other helpful satellites of thought communication.

The wool I meant, was that I wasn't just going to watch Sagan's Cosmos and take it to be the be all end all to universal understanding. Just work it into my color grid, so to speak.

Hope this has been helpful. Feel free to pm me if i'm still not explaining myself clearly enough. sometimes you gotta go through these things a few times before you can speak to others openly about them...in any case...i'm a big Lady GaGa fan, so I thought i'd just throw that in there for any others out there...just seemed to fit!

[edit on 12/1/2010 by EnemyCombatant74]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I think I understand as well as I'm going to right now.
Thanks for clarifying!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join