It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cryptomundo.com offline!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I tried going there earlier today, and got a place-holder page from a Web-hosting service that said "account suspended" in big, ugly letters.

Trying again right now, I discover that my browser just perpetually sits there trying to load a page that, apparently, isn't there.

I sure hope this is only a temporary hiccup, and Loren Coleman will return soon!

Hmmm....

Maybe I should have donated when I had the chance.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'm not to familiar with the site, some backround please?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

Its acting like its being ddoss
But i never heard of this site before and never been there

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I was on there this morning and everything was fine.

About a year or so ago I remember it disappeared for several days, can't remember what the problem was.

I'm sure it will be back!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
OK, here's the place-holder page I was getting:

web6.supergreenhosting.com...

Note the "Please contact our billing department" message. Not what you'd expect from a distributed-denial-of-service attack.

For those who haven't heard of it, Cryptomundo.com is the blog of Loren Coleman, who's one heck of a cryptozoologist and the curator of a cryptozoology museum. I really enjoy Cryptomundo for the same reason I enjoy ATS:

It provides a lively forum where people who are both open-minded and skeptical can have well-reasoned, scientifically grounded conversations about possibly anomalous phenomena.

Like ATS, Cryptomundo has always been a place where shrewd intellects come to cut through the type of sensationalism and BS which normally surround any mainstream report of anything paranormal.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
www.ufomystic.com...

Here you go -- Craig Woolheater just bought cryptomundo and is combining it with his purchase of ufomystic.com...

He's a very cool dude so it should be fun.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Well those UFOmystic links aren't working either.

He bought Cryptomundo? Does this mean it will no-longer be Loren's blog?

And what about the vast wealth of articles and blog entries which had accumulated there over the years? I pray that those will still be viewable and intact. To lose them would constitute a real disaster for the cryptozoological community.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
And they're back online. As Drew reported, they're under new ownership:

Cryptomundo

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Interesting. I just checked it out and on the plus side its the fastest I've ever had it load - and that's a plus.

Hopefully Loren will still be around. I notice it looks like lots of the old reports at UFOMystic are still there - but I don't really see any of the old articles on CryptoMundo. Hopefully they just haven't gotten around to putting them back up yet.

There is a bio of this Craig Woolheater guy up. Apparently he founded the Texas Bigfoot Research Center in 1999.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Cryptomundo is NOT back online, at least not as linked above, or at any other address I can find. Perhaps it's down again. I'll check UFO Mystic and see if anything is up there. It doesn't take too many days being offline before your audience start drifting away to other attractions. It seems very amateurish and incompetent for a change of ownership - maybe there is more to the story.

Expanding the answer about what Cryptomundo is, IMO it is one of the very besy - if not THE best - cryptozoological sites. Loren Coleman is very professional and level-headed, and runs a first-class operation. Loren is highly respected in the field. I'm disturbed at this event, and hope
1) the site either returns as-is, or
2) very much the same, and that
3) Loren remains onboard and in charge.

*EDIT*
Well, I went to UFO Mystic, tried the link there, no good. Emptied my cache, no good. Direct-typed the address in, no good. Can't get in any way I know how.

What gives.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by jumjum]

[edit on 13-1-2010 by jumjum]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
i just tried to go there about 30mins ago and got a 404 page.

then i saw this thread and clicked flightsuits link and it worked.

and yes, it did load fast!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
It's working fine now.

Bear with us as we work out the bugs. As the site was suspended yesterday by the previous webhost, we had no time to test and troubleshoot the performance issues before the site went live on the new dedicated server overnight.

www.cryptomundo.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
yar it's not working for me at all.
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Is it working for others??

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
All is well - it's online. My old bookmark works fine now, so I assume anyone could access the same way.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Oh no,now what shall we do ....

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Well the new Centre for Fortean Zoology video is up:

www.youtube.com...

top topics

join