It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 7.0 - HAITI REGION

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Here after the utube advertisment, just click on the link beneath it.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

There you go.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
local south florida news coverage with the passengers from the last flight out of Haiti and video images of Haiti

www.wsvn.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I count 24 aftershocks so far and all of them above 4.0 Nearly half are above 5.0.. Do we have an earthquake expert here to tell us this is normal?

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Wow is it normal to have 24 aftershocks? This is crazy and not good if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 517.101
Here after the utube advertisment, just click on the link beneath it.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

There you go.

Am I missing something? I see no reference to an earthquake in the bahamas, just an anti-scientology ad. Forgive me, but I didn't see any Bahamas reference. RSOE doesn't reference it either...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Try 25 aftershocks! - edit; my bad can't count.. is 24. (but still, 24! crikey)

earthquake.usgs.gov...

[edit on 12/1/10 by damn_ummmm]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I've seen nothing about another quake in the Bahamas except for a few posts here. I've checked several other sources. I think someone is either confused or has an odd sense of humor.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

heres what he's talking about hisz.rsoe.hu...

It does say this at the top of the page though "Notice! This is a computer-generated report - this event has not reviewed by a seismologist!"

[edit on 12/1/2010 by bkaust]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust
reply to post by Wookiep

heres what he's talking about hisz.rsoe.hu...

It does say this at the top of the page though "Notice! This is a computer-generated report - this event has not reviewed by a seismologist!"

[edit on 12/1/2010 by bkaust]

Ahhh ok, he threw me through a loop! Thanks for the straight answer.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Twenty aftershocks is normal for a big one like this.

BUT....all over 4.0? This seems quite energetic to me.

"Normal" yes, for Earth being it's billions of years old.

But for Humans? It is a bit out of place.

I am not an "expert" but I am amateur at least.

Well, you tell me. When was the last time you saw a 7.0 followed by 20 aftershocks all above 4.0?

I have never seen it before.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I found a large amount of pictures from the after effects of the earthquake. I was looking for pictures of the presidential palace, I heard it collapsed, and it did, and I found this compilation of photos from Haiti.
sites.google.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I dont know how to put videos here, but advise u guys to see this:

www.youtube.com...

Jesse Ventura on HAARP.

Enjoy

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Like I said after the 6.5 in CA. We are going to see a very large quake in my opinion and this is not it. I just have a feeling about this and combined with the after shocks we are seeing after each of these big quakes I think it just doesn't look like the energy that needs to be released has been.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I do have some good news, the likelyhood of a tsunami is slim, the type of tectonal movements is not inducive of a tsunami, this was a slide moving plate movement, not a slip movement, which usually generate the big wave

My hopes and prayers are with the haitians who have lost
God bless you, you are not alone in this

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by joao_ed

Seems like a lot of scare tactics to me. I'm pretty sure there were devastating earthquakes long before this HAARP ever came about. Anyways this thread isnt a place for it to be honest.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Scientists were warning about a quake in Haiti in 2008. This really isn't a surprise to anyone in the geology field. CA is due for one as well. Why will it be a surprise if a big one happens here in CA? The question is are we prepared? NOPE! I work for a hospital and I know we are absolutely NOT prepared for the casualties locally and statewide if a major quake hits Southern CA.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
Like I said after the 6.5 in CA. We are going to see a very large quake in my opinion and this is not it. I just have a feeling about this and combined with the after shocks we are seeing after each of these big quakes I think it just doesn't look like the energy that needs to be released has been.

Count me in.

I have the same sentiments.

It just looks like theres too much pressure.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Scientists were warning about a quake in Haiti in 2008. This really isn't a surprise to anyone in the geology field. CA is due for one as well. Why will it be a surprise if a big one happens here in CA? The question is are we prepared? NOPE! I work for a hospital and I know we are absolutely NOT prepared for the casualties locally and statewide if a major quake hits Southern CA.

The average person WILL be surprised. It seems that most americans can hardly pay attention to what affects them in their own life, let alone the life of someone in some country you have never been to and have little information on. I will not be surprised when there are some BIG quakes in the western US, I will not be surprised when panic ensues after a large quake on the new madrid fault in eastern central usa.

Edit to add: CNN has just said that some american agency has reported that the international airport in Haiti is 'usable'

[edit on 12-1-2010 by sporkmonster]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sporkmonster

It seems that most americans can hardly pay attention to what affects them in their own life, let alone the life of someone in some country you have never been to and have little information on.

I like the posts Iv'e seen from you so far. I don't like this comment. Don't speak for Americans please? If you are, then you should include the rest of the world. Lets talk about the earthquake now, thanks.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by sporkmonster

It seems that most americans can hardly pay attention to what affects them in their own life, let alone the life of someone in some country you have never been to and have little information on.

I like the posts Iv'e seen from you so far. I don't like this comment. Don't speak for Americans please? If you are, then you should include the rest of the world. Lets talk about the earthquake now, thanks.

You are correct sir/miss, in that I should include others in the world in that statement. I can not however, I simply do not have the experience of cultures outside of USA to even speak of what they think. I am using a very broad brush just in describing americans, which I am one, as being to self centered, or even just not educated enough to fully understand how events of the world affect most people on this planet.

I know my brush will not paint all americans. I do not want it to, nor do I push for it to. I know that americans have some of the most diverse viewpoints of any country, as a whole, of any on the planet.

My assessment is based on my experiences in my life. I do not have any intentions of offending anyone because of this. If I wished to offend, I would make that clear in my post.

Anyways, THANK YOU for pushing me, without that I would not have clarified what I think.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by sporkmonster]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join