It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 7.0 - HAITI REGION

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

The biggest US naval hospital the USNS Comfort will be arriving later this weekend.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Thanks, for the info in the comfort, my husband yesterday told me that the second naval hospital ship was send but I forgot the name until I did a search.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

What would be a very intriguing turn of events is if Cuba takes the Marine Corps offer to ferry patients to Cuba's many hospitals??? I can just see a C 130 with the big USMC Logo landing in Havana now
the old hardliners are going to flip out!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Well things are moving in mysterious ways,
Cuba is allowing airplanes now in their air space to cut the time short between them from Miami, you never know what can happen next, after all Castro is not in charge anymore.

Beside Cuba has good hospitals also, believe it or not, but so PR, and is just closes to Haiti too and is US territory

I will be calling my sister to found out about that she works on one of the major hospitals in the Island as a radiologist with over 25 years of experience.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
ConcernWorld 85% of buildings in Port au-Prince are destroyed or badly damaged. 19 of Concern’s local staff are still unaccounted for. #haiti
less than 20 seconds ago from web

Prototype_Cole Red cross raised over 50 million for #Haiti that's what's up!
less than 20 seconds ago from UberTwitter

Lanettetay
Fox News: Wonderful news, 4 Americans found ALIVE within the rubble in Haiti. God Bless them & their families. #tcot #sgp #ocra
20 minutes ago from web

thejointstaff
USS Carl Vinson on scene in Haiti this AM w/ helos & hospital beds. 82nd Airborne elements assisting the people as well.
7 minutes ago from web

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
uscoastguard
Official U.S. Government website on Haiti earthquake: www.whitehouse.gov... #usghaiti
12 minutes ago from web

DefenseGov
SECDEF: Key is to get food and water in there as soon as possible. #usghaiti
17 minutes ago from CoTweet

uscoastguard
CDR Durham, first U.S. military commander to respond to Haiti earthquake, on CNN /yl2tr33 #uscg #usghaiti
20 minutes ago from web

MarineCorpsNews
Sailors prepare the three #Navy ships #Marines will be deploying on to aid in the #Haiti relief effort http://(link tracking not allowed)/4LC7Wi
23 minutes ago from (link tracking not allowed)

NavyNews
@CVN70 on scene #usghaiti. CO of CARL VINSON says they were at 30 knots. More http://(link tracking not allowed)/4wgqoG
34 minutes ago from (link tracking not allowed)

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Update:

Hopefully ATS members can view this, but I've made an Navylist on twitter - keeps you updated about the Navy's activities in Haiti

Twitter/ @NavyNews

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

The Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson (CVN 70) received orders from U.S. Southern Command to deliver assistance on Jan. 12.

Leaving Mayport, Fla., at more than 30 knots and loaded 19 helicopters, personnel and support equipment from five different East Coast Navy squadrons and elements from the Army's 82nd, in less than eight hours. There is no other platform that can do all of that so quickly.

The USS Carl Vinson hosts 5 Surgical operating rooms and while only has 100 hospital beds the plan is to begin air lifting those who can be safely transported as soon as air ops get the green light... their primary mission is as first responder!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Well my sister in PR said that no news of Haitians to be taken to the Island, but an envoy of doctors from the Island left with the Coast Guard.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Well the lastest in the news, the food lines look civil and orderly in the areas that the Aid has arrived.

People are just too worry and hungry to give problem, plus you can see military personnel along the food kitchen in full gear with their weapons in site.

So sad, but necessary, still people just line up and go with the flow.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
annechantal
RT @BreakingNews: 1,415 Canadians missing and four confirmed dead in #Haiti following earthquake.

bluedevildavey RT @Reenit: RT @MarineCorpsNews: 22nd MEU says #Marines are well suited as an amphibious unit to aid the people of #Haiti. #Mari... http ...

UN $550 million flash appeal to the international community. Tents and more tents. Medicine, water, doctors #Haiti
half a minute ago from web

euronews
#UN: no special treatment for expats in #Haiti #earthquake http://(link tracking not allowed)/4tagK8
less than 20 seconds ago from (link tracking not allowed)

[edit on 15-1-2010 by infinite]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Why so many? where were them at the time of the earthquake? for so many to be missing they most have been all in one place but seems impossible.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I think the figures have just be released now. I'm not sure, it's just appeared on twitter. I'll get in touch with the news agency reporting it - currently talking to the BBC atm.

UN peacekeepers are not controlling law and order, enforcing a curfew.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
dfid_uk

#michaelhaig UK rescue team deployed to Carrefour, #Haiti. Reports of collapsed large buildings inc hotel and poss a hospital
less than a minute ago from HootSuite

daniellean "Spokesperson UN death toll now at 37. 330 missing and unaccounted for" via @undispatch #Haiti

[edit on 15-1-2010 by infinite]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

NavyNews
@CVN70 on scene #usghaiti. CO of CARL VINSON says they were at 30 knots. More http://(link tracking not allowed)/4wgqoG
34 minutes ago from (link tracking not allowed)

Sounds like they wasted no time once they received their additional supplies. As I believe 30 knots is close to their top speed.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Well Dominican Republic is now treating victims in their country patients has been send to local hospitals, they said they need more supplies to accommodate the influx of wounded.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
weheartdenver BreakingNews: U.S. military distributes first supplies in massive relief effort to help #Haiti - AP less than 20 seconds ago from API

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Peace full protest of Haitians singing in the streets has started since last night, the peaceful protest is in a show of solidarity to the suffering the people are experiencing.

My hart goes to all of them, nothing but actually children In a single line waking and singing.

Many sang all night long.

They have the right to protest as that is the only way they can vent their frustrations.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Contray to popular belief, only an insignificant turned to violence and looting. The vast majority are calm and peaceful

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
RT @BreakingNews: 22-year-old Washington state woman found dead in rubble of #Haiti orphanage whr she was volunteering http://(link tracking not allowed)/60VN8c half a minute ago from TweetDeck

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join