It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 7.0 - HAITI REGION

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cjcord
Interesting. Those discussing Haiti becoming a territory, has anyone else read this? Is it legit?

Haiti to become American Territory 1, DECEMBER, 2009
www.goarticles.com...

From my understanding that was an April fools joke or hoax. The law doesn't exist.

Though I won't be suprised if real legislation comparable to that is introduced in the near future.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Red Cross relief efforts are already en route to Haiti
www.570news.com...

The Organization of American States (OAS) today began to channel aid to the victims of the earthquake in Haiti
www.isria.com...

Cuba evacuates 30000 in the face of the threat of a tsunami after yesterday's strong earthquake in Haiti
www.havanatimes.org...

12 South Florida College Students Stuck in Haiti
blogs.miaminewtimes.com...

US Coast Guard, Navy, head to Haiti to help with earthquake relief efforts
www.theday.com...

The head of the US Southern Command says thousands of troops could be sent to Haiti to aid the UN's earthquake relief efforts
www.weartv.com...

Canada mobilizes aid for Haitian victims
www.thestar.com...

The Canadian Red Cross has released $200000 from its International Disaster Relief Fund in order to provide immediate support
www.570news.com...

The United Nations says the main prison in Haiti's battered capital of Port-au-Prince collapsed in the massive earthquake. A U.N. humanitarian spokeswoman says the U.N. has received reports of escaped inmates.

www.9and10news.com...

So inmates have also escaped from the MAIN prison as well.

Things are really not looking good

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Thank you. I thought it was not serious, but odd that it just showed up in a semi unrelated search just as you were discussing it.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
BreakingNews - 6:31 p.m.
U.N. forces in #Haiti scramble to protect weapons from looters ransacking stores in Port-au-Prince and Petionville - Radio Metropole

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Can anyone maybe help me do some research on official counts of foreign nationals in Haiti? I know there has been some question as to how many American citizens, but they vary. I am sure other countries are interested in knowing about their nationals as well.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

There it is.

This is going to be a long day.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
1828 Between 115 and 200 UN expatriate personnel in Haiti are still missing, a spokeswoman for the Office for the Co-ordination of Humanitarian Affairs tells the AFP news agency. "We are also very worried about our local staff," Elisabeth Byrs says.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cjcord

I know about 80 dutch people live in Haiti...

link   
Gotta feel bad for all them families, hope some of you will be joining me in making a small donation

link   

I have witnessed many thing in my long life but what I am seeing as response to Haiti is a disaster on top of a disaster, the media is all over the devastation, as well as our national response, absolutely off the mark, on what is going to happen over the next few days. The Country is POOR and poverty is a way of life. For so many, law enforcement, sanitation, food and water, MUST BE FIRST and, right now! Any survivors and secure areas who have any food or facilities will be over ran with those who do not have it and just as soon as the smoke clears thousands will be foraging for survival without any restraint. We need only remember New Orleans to understand the need for immediate Military assistance, and I hear nothing of getting them their as a priority! Rescue of survivors is already underway, but to where? Public sanitation, food and water are going to be a distribution nightmare without the military overseeing it. I can't believe nations who can and will assist, haven't committed thousands of troops to go in and apply their skills first! Civilian assistance is wonderful for rescue, identification, first aid, etc, but without a strong military presence it will be devastating to survivors. God be with them, and before this day is over, I hope and pray decisions turn to the military for their survival.

www.resistnet.com...

I was in NO for Katrina. Trust me, this is 1000x worse. And yes, I am in therapy for PTSD from that, I think that is why I am all over this.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by cjcord]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
L.A. county elite team been ready to be send for search and rescue mission in Haiti, I believe also another from Washington.

Like I said a lot of help is heading the Haiti but first safety have to be establish.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

The United Nations says the main prison in Haiti's battered capital of Port-au-Prince collapsed in the massive earthquake. A U.N. humanitarian spokeswoman says the U.N. has received reports of escaped inmates.

www.9and10news.com...

Any way anyone can find out how many inmates are there?

It might have a fairly huge impact, even after this disaster they will have to try and find them........... in a 3rd world country after a massive devastation

Any way?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This earthquake spurs lots of thoughts i am never one to beleive without evidence but it sure seems as though a ball has been set in motion. The entire country has fallin down i wonder how this will spiral into the global economic and military situations are the dominos falling or is this sense of urgency simply a bi product of such a huge event?

link   
As I feared, looting and violence will distract the rescue efforts

Haiti never should have disbanded it's military in 1995 ... the 11,000 member Haitian National Police is in no shape to handle this kind of violence.

I can see the principal to send our resources to Haiti, to save lives but after that I am not sure how in depth our involvement will be.

As other posters have commented, I would not be surprised if Haiti eventually becomes a US territory or a French département d'outre-mer ... afterall they were a French colony before 1805 and since then they have had a very close relationship with the US.

link   
@RAMhaiti

# some people are being told to head to Champ Mars..tonight will be difficult 2 minutes ago from web

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
ZiZiChan - 6:40 p.m.
RT @stcuk: #haiti damage not limited to Port-au-Prince. 20% of buildings in Jacmel city (pop 50,000) are destroyed. http://(link tracking not allowed)/8az8Us

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I am more and more sure that it is becoming obvious Haiti as known is gone. The ONLY option is to rebuild, there is no salvaging from this. And Haiti certainly won't be paying for it.

I think it's becoming more clear that Haiti is in effect an American Territory from this point on. There is just no possible way they can come back from this themselves. The entire area has been leveled, and there is no money to fix it.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Haitian President René Préval told the Miami Herald that he had been stepping over dead bodies and hearing the cries of those trapped under the rubble of the national Parliament building, describing the scene as "unimaginable." "Parliament has collapsed. The tax office has collapsed. Schools have collapsed. Hospitals have collapsed,'' he said.

MSNBC source

This may have been posted already.

Sounds like most of the government infrastructure is gone.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cjcord

Well, in theory, under international law it is now under UN administration. Especially since a UN peacekeeping operation is in force. Similar to Kosovo prior to its independence.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

It seems like the twit you're following may be following RAMHaiti, who is on scene and updating every few minutes. You may want to cut out the middleman
(and give me one less tab to keep refreshing
)

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join