It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican says 'Avatar' is no masterpiece

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The vatican and the pope are idiots. Avatar is probably going to be the most widely watched film of all time. To slam a movie that more people will watch and enjoy than ever has in history in order to "win" converts is nothing short of mental retardation. How do these people walk upright?
You're gonna try and tell me not to worship nature? Good luck.
Personally, I'd rather worship something,nature, that has a proven track record of being beneficial to every single life form on the planet, than have faith in something, god or religion, that has been responsible for more wars and deaths
than anything or anybody. Ever.
I'll admit that I agreed with the pope on his comments about homosexuality, but I think this just goes to show that he will say ANYTHING in order to try to get new converts.

Just my 2 cents Peace

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

I say screw the vatican.

Their book has been telling people for hundreds of years that the earth and everything that lives on it is here for man to exploit and do whatever the hell he wants to with.

The Roman Catholic church has systematically destroyed numerous cultures of earth worshipping peoples all over the world, and continues to do so.

The vatican is the biggest money and power-craving institution that has ever existed, they are responsible for the deaths of millions throughout history.

Through their doctrine and disapproval of contraception millions of devout in Africa have contracted and died from the AIDS virus.....I could go on and on about these guys. Thankfully their power is on the wane, but its still a power nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Just curious, what is your take on the Vatican praising The Simpsons?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE
Just curious, what is your take on the Vatican praising The Simpsons?

They praised the Simpsons?

I dont care much for their misguided social commentary. From a marketing standpoint its disastrous.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

www.catholicnews.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...(ms nbc.com%3A+Entertainment)

www.foxnews.com...

www.theatlanticwire.com...

Thats just a few that I found, and mind you these aren't even a month old yet.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by EMPIRE]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Its funny they praise the Simpsons. Not sure why though.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Who cares what they think, who cares what another think about the movie.

YOU choose or either the freakin amount of money they get could conclude whether it's a master piece or not.

What, can they do a better job.??

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The Catholic Church are so far from actual knowledge of God it's almost funny.
If they actually read the Bible they suppossedly live by, they would know that before the fall, Adam communed with nature at this level. The earth still groans in eager expectation..... The earth is alive according to the Bible. The earth knows God according to the Bible. Pandora was what the earth was suppossed to be like pre-fall (well in principle anyway).

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
rofl pope is afraid that his religion is fading ahahaha....

atleast we worship something that gives us food,comfort,medicine,education i can go on about nature..... Nature is there to be seen......i just wish pope would prove the existence of CHRIST(umm no) ...yea i thought so..!!

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Noobastronomer]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The Vatican can shut the # up.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by GrandKitaro777]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I hate how the Vatican is not helping his image around the world.
They do everything to get the hate...
I really hope that the next pope (if there is... ) will be more realistic, "fun", young and conscious of what is happening here.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by jolois]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

isn't looking up to nature , also looking up to the great creator for it/he/she/we/us created nature and everything within...

They obviously don't want us to follow that path.....otherwise they would say nothing about it........

And since they started it it's really obvious they are trying to turn our attention in a different direction...

am i the only one who sees this?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The Church in Rome had the same Mind Set during the settling of the American West back in the 18TH Century, and we all know how that resulted in the Genocide of the Nature Worshiping Native Americans who held Simular Beliefs to the People depicted in that Fictional Film . Intolerance against those who fit their definition of Paganism , and the Church is still practicing that Insane Belief today .........

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by EMPIRE

Its funny they praise the Simpsons. Not sure why though.

Because of Flanders of course!

Pope's got a man on the inside speaking the word every other episode...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
And for the record and not to be a jerk or make any comment in anyway on the Catholic Church...

But what the hell does the pope know about making a movie anyway?

As far as I know he has 15 minutes of speaking time total as the Emperor in the last 3 star wars movie and that's it...

When the guy picks up a Copy of Maya and can use it let him talk about what was actually done in Avatar...

Just Sayin...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The Vatican is just a bank and THEY DON'T WANT TO LOSE THE MASSES since they brainwashed idiots won't put money in the basket every week!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

When you realize Christianity drew its influence from Paganism, this might be the wake up call the Pope wants. The pope must know this about christianity. It's a fact. Consider that:

-they worship on Sunday
-jesus is the Sun (not son) of god, the "light of the world" (i couldn't say it better...bravo authors)
-jesus is the Alpha and omega (beginning and end), that's also true for our Sun - nothing existed (no life) until the Sun shown to start the evolution, and when the Sun dies out - eventually everything will die
-god is know as the Father who plants his seeds on Mother Earth then rains on her, then we begins to bear fruit in her womb. (Can you get any more sexual than that? Wow....)
-the 12 disciples refer to the 12 planets. Look the Last Supper painting to see 6 men on each side of jesus, who has a glowing light around his head. the men are even grouped in sets of 3 to symbolize the 4 seasons (3 months per season)

This much I remember for Jordan Maxwell's series of videos on YouTube. He claims he was actually contacted by the FBI who, FBI said had been following him for quite some time. They (along with the CIA) advised him "not to get too popular" so as to disrupt the Vatican.

He has a website, which is in a way boobytrapped. It's got lots of information, but it's meant to promote fear as well. Still, I think it's worth it.

www.jordanmaxwell.com

Another thing I'll say is I wouldn't be surprised if he's working for the CIA. He says he has been given special access to books. He's also said his great grandfather or grandffather was on the Supreme Court and that as a child, he was told never to ask what his uncle did (because his uncle was in the mafia). It's widely known the CIA smuggles in drugs. Combine all this, and I really think he works for the CIA and wants to share some truths all the while getting you to fear the government. He has said in response to the proliferation of entertainment that "[the high up government officials] don't want you to be educated" (referring to the pitiful quality of education. He says "they don't want you to get in the way of important people with too much thinking." He says that "what your government pays for, it gets. if what the government paid for was not in accord with what it wanted, it would change it. the fact of the matter is, your government is getting exactly what it ordered." (then says what i said earlier about them not wanting us to be educated.)

It's funny he mentions that because I don't know or see depicted in movies, many high up officials sending their kids to public school nor any college that isn't Ivy League.

They know the quality of most of these schools is trash. You don't have to be brilliant to know that, but private schools are so expensive.

Anyway, I went off on a tangent, but I think it does tie into the content before it and gives extra info.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by blankduck18
lol wow they dont like anything that doesnt go their way
I remember them going after spores because it was about evolution and not adam and eve.

It was a fantastic movie. We should worship nature We are nature. But I guess they like the idea of destroying it.

Why should we worship nature? Why should we worship anything, for that matter? And what is the definition of worship?

As for the movie, I haven't seen it yet so I can't comment.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I thought this was a relevant video from the young turks concerning this issue.

Why Are Some Christians Mad Over Avatar?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I just saw Avatar with my son. Great movie from a technical standpoint; simplistic plot; forced storyline.

1. The Bad Guys are ALL BAD (right down to the soles of their shoes), the Good Guys are ALL GOOD (right down to the tips of their tails); that in itself is absolute hogwash.
2. If I were one of the mercenaries working security for that corporation, I would quit as soon as I realized that I was there to wage war for some crumby corporation's bottom line, against peaceful indigenous folks.
3. The corporation has no right to mine anywhere without the permission of the local folks.

The whole movie is intended to the audience to identify the corporation with the USA and the mercenary security force with the US Military, and the indigenous folks with the American Indians.

Bottom line, what Cameron wants people to take away from the movie is that the USA is a corporate/fascist regime raping the world for its resources and abusing indigenous peoples.

DachtorStrange

[edit on 24-1-2010 by DachtorStrange]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join