It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican says 'Avatar' is no masterpiece

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
God, on the other hand, actually does not want us to worship nature. Rather, he would like for us to respect His creation and respect Him for having created it. He is our Father. He gave us life. He is the one to whom and by whom all worship should take place!

The movie is simply B-entertainment.

"God" told you this, did "he"...?

Your post is simply B-entertainment!

[edit on 13/1/10 by Navieko]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Nice post!
is this suggesting the earth can not be worshipped?
where is the thought, considered the great designer is being punished for creating?
this world is adapting, not conforming.
Sounds like fear is speaking once again....

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

For those that enjoy a good debate and have not seen this one, here's a cracker asking -

IS THE CATHOLIC CHURCH A FORCE FOR GOOD IN THE WORLD?

Anyone not familiar with the crazy woman representing xtianity , she is a UK Politician that would have the Blasphemy laws enforced upon the brits yet hangs out with a gang of child rapists.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I have not had a chance to read this thread yet but it seems like the Vatican must have forgot that many parts of today's religions were taken from the older more nature based religions. By that I mean many of the symbols, stories or common religious numbers.

Don't have much time atm but I will check in on this later.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
OOOOOOOOOOOh, looks like the truth hit little to close to home for the pope.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I'm sorry, I will risk a warning. But the Vatican can go f*ck themselves...which I'm sure they're pretty good at doing anyway.

PS.
Flag for you OP...

[edit on 06/10/2009 by jinx880101]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
firstly, unlike worshiping someone your never seen nor have a real connection with, some fictinal character on a cloud, the natives have a real connection with the nature around them.
Those child rapists should be locked up anyway

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Biggest compliment ever. If the Vatican says a movie isn't good, it HAS to be good.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

i agree, I dont see them speaking up against money. A huge portion of the world worships money. but then again so does the pope with all his gold crowns and crap

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It's like the Pope and his thugs are actively trying to piss non-Christians off, especially those worshipping nature/believing in shamanism and other nature-related religions. For saying that, they should get the spanking of the century.

Me, I don't give a rat's ass about God. I worship one thing, and one thing only; Mother Nature. I may believe in other "deities" as well, but I do not worship them. There is a difference.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

Sorry for the double-post. Just read this and wanted to say; my sentiments exactly, dude. That was nicely put.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Well I haven't seen the movie but how can you not worship (or deeply respect) nature?

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Seems to me like the vatican is having an awful lot of noisy opinions recently and maybe these latest comments have more to do with their age old bigoted prejudice against paganism.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101
the Vatican can go f*ck themselves...which I'm sure they're pretty good at doing anyway.

Originally posted by Droopy
Those child rapists should be locked up anyway

Some of you are just as intolerant and blind as some Catholics/Christians are.

What goes around comes around.

:shk:

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Nature has to be respected... it's dying as we speak!!

Too much has been knocked down in recent years and i for one prefer to see green areas than churches or mosques!!

I havnt seen the Film yet but i've heard its great.... i'll see it at some point....

Flagged

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
movies.yahoo.com...

The Vatican newspaper and radio station are criticizing James Cameron's 3-D blockbuster for flirting with the idea that worship of nature can replace religion — a notion the pope has warned against. They call the movie a simplistic and sappy tale, despite its awe-inspiring special effects.

I'm sorry, but this is BS.

It's not that I'm taking sides with the movie. It WAS a great movie, but what they have to say about it is just BS to me.

What's wrong with "Worshiping" nature? What's the problem there? Is the Vatican getting upset because people may be opening their eyes and that might steal thunder from some religions?

I just see this as uncalled for - Avatar aside. I don't see the harm in looking up to nature - at all.

Don't mind me.

(Flame suit on)

Do what you will with nature, but also look at it as being Global Warming propaganda! The EVIL CORPS ruining a beautiful world with their TOXIC MACHINES and this race of nature filled people fighting to save the planet cause it is some giant conduit for their spiritual ancestors. Call me crazy, but this movie was selling more than just a storyline and special effects. Granted all things aside I like it for its fantasy appeal anyways, just don't take movies farther than the big screen is all I'm saying. ITS ALL FAKE! remember that.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
What's even scarier than the reverse psychology being used by the Vatican is the way people are letting themselves become completely consumed by this movie.

I was about to say something about reverse psychology being used... and make no mistake about it, this is some hardcore reverse psychology.

Only if people knew the truth about James Cameron & Hollywood.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
My ol' pagan mind cannot understand this concept of worshipping nature a lot of you keep mentioning as 'putting it on a pedestal' or 'bowing down to it' because EVERYTHING is nature. People are nature's creatures too.

The Judeo-Christian mindset goes back to the idea of people are separate from nature and dominate over it. I guess that is why some think it so horrid?

My mindset is that I am already part of it.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I can't comment on the film, not having seen it yet, although everyone I know that's seen it was extremely impressed with the movie. But my two cents are these:

If you believe in Creation, that God created the Universe, that God created the Earth. Surely you must know that God IS everything, God IS the Earth, Nature is God's form of art if you like. Then worshipping nature is no different to worshipping God anyway. It's simply marvelling in his Creation.

What isn't God's creation, and is man's, is religion.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The vatican needs to re-educate itself. Animism was going on way before catholicism was around. Plain ingorence on the part of the Pope.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Well-I love NaturE!-A lot!-And I want her to know it!

I saw the movie and it's great. There were actually some negative responses that I do not understand. Well-The bible says, "Without a vision of hope, my people perish.".

That show gives a vision of a life that is more natural, which we, being animals, would appreciate more greatly than you have been trained to believe.

Personally I see no, "agenda" to defend myself from, and have given myself the, "Ok" to go ahead and allow said self to like it!

And like another poster said, "If the pope don't like it, then it must be good!

No copnsequencE..

Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join