It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miep Gies, who helped hide Anne Frank, dies at 100

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Miep Gies, who helped hide Anne Frank, dies at 100

news.yahoo.com

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands – Without Miep Gies, the story of Anne Frank might never have been known.
The former office secretary who helped hide the Jewish teenager from the Nazis for two years gathered up the scattered diary pages after the Frank family was arrested and sent to concentration camps. She locked the papers — unread — in her desk until Frank's father Otto returned, the only family member to survive.
Gies died Monday from a neck injury suffered when she fell last month, the Anne Frank House museum said. She was 100 and had been one of the few people still alive who knew Anne
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Miep Gies, a secretary in the firm where Otto Frank worked, was one of the six non-Jews who helped the Frank family hide from the Nazis during the German occupation of the Netherlands.

While the six were ultimately unsuccessful in protecting the family from discovery, Anne's diary would not have been written or subsequently moved the world to outrage and tears.

Miep was the one who collected Anne's scattered diary pages and kept them for her father until he returned from the concentration camp, the only one of the family to survive.

I remember reading Anne's diary when I was about 13 and it was a book I will never forget. I believe many people feel the same way.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Sestias]

MBF

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
It's sad that this hasn't been responded to. The lady put her life on the line to save others, doing the right thing when that wasn't pc. Got to give this a bump.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
AQlready posted a couple of hours ago.....only one reply there too. Truely sad.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MBF
It's sad that this hasn't been responded to. The lady put her life on the line to save others, doing the right thing when that wasn't pc. Got to give this a bump.

I totally agree with you that the lack of response is nothing short of lamentable

Probably because Anne never mentioned NWO, Nabiru or any other global conspiracy which seems to be what many ATS'ers seem to respond to ... her life was lived in the REAL world (unfortunately).

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Bless you Miep Gies, there is a special place for people like you, rest in peace.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
The book was amazing. Rest in peace dear Miep.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Thanks for the link. That one was posted several hours after mine. It is sad that that one didn't get much response either.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
What else is there to know about this story?
She hid, wrote in her diary, then Nazis came and that's the end of it.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Knoen

It's what's in the diary that makes it so significant. It's a testament to the resiliency of the human spirit.

You would probably say Ishmael was born, he hunted a whale, and then he died. And that would be your version of Moby Dick.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Rest in peace Miep Gies, you are free now.
Second line...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Shalom

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Slowly but constantly all the first hand witnesses to this genocide are passing away. I hope they will never be forgotten.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by derpif]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by derpif
Slowly but constantly all the first hand witnesses to this attempted genocide are passing away. I hope they will never be forgotten.

This genocide wasn't an attempt, it happened.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Rest in Peace, Miep Gies. You earned it. Not all heros are celebrated, but if an angels chorus doesn't await you, and the others like you, somethings not right in heaven.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

terribly sorry, english is not my first language. Chose the wrong term.
Really sorry

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by derpif

No problem derpiff, I have traveled to your beauitful country many times and speak a bit of German but make a lot of mistakes.

Guten Abend

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Yes, I heard about this, and I must say we have lost a great human being. She has said in the past that she does not want to be considered hero, because she was simply doing the right thing. But she IS a hero, because in a world where so few are willing do do what is right, she did so, even though it meant she would be risking her own life.

Miep Gies is a hero; and yet, I have not seen a single mention of her on the news.... I am disappointed, that this woman has not been given more attention.

Forget Michael Jackson, This woman is FAR more deserving of a multi million dollar funeral service that is nationally televised.....

R.I.P

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I am in total agreement with you, both my daughters called me yesterday to ask me if I heard about this wonderful ladies death, I remember giving The Diary of Anne Frank when they were about 11 years old and they have never forgotten it, my 9 year old granddaughter is reading it now..
Shalom

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Everyone should read it. The strength of the human spirit has seldom been so well illustrated, both by this heroic lady, and the equally brave Anne Frank.

May their memory never fade.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join