It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford Paying Tea Partiers to Protest Detroit Auto Show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
What a conspiracy ! Tea parties are being paid by Ford to protest at an Auto show!
I wonder how Ford's brand value will be increased by this. And while other car manufactures have taken bailout money, Ford has not and now is organizing protests against Detroit car manufacturers.

What it does not understand is that by protesting against others, it's own brand loyalty cannot be increased. People are not buying new cars and are holding onto their cars, and Ford may use the money it paid to protestors for some useful purposes

The Ford Motor Co. is paying Tea Partiers to protest against the Detroit car manufacturers at the 2010 Detroit Auto Show, Citizens For Legitimate Government has learned.

In December 2008, Ford did not take any government auto bailout money unlike its Detroit-based competitors, General Motors Corp. and Chrysler LLC. Ford set up $23.5 billion worth of credit in 2006.

Ford is paying the Tea Party protesters in order to increase their market share through brand loyalty.

Source: Ford paying tea parties

[edit on 12-1-2010 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The website lists themselves as the source. I wonder how they were able to aquire this information? Are the tea partiers an official organization?

To me is seems like, if there is any credibility to this story, that a group of people that may have attended the tea parties are being paid to protest the auto show. Since the tea party group is such a vastly random group of average people it is impossible that this represents anywhere near a majority of the tea party protestors.

-E-

[edit on 12-1-2010 by MysterE]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
A blog without outside sources is not very dependable. I want a little more "proof" of this conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Opposing factions of demonstrators braved chilly weather and light snow outside the Detroit auto show on Monday to protest taxpayer-funded bailouts, or the neglect of American workers -- depending on which side of the street you stood

www.reuters.com...

I'm surprised this happened. They were there, but did Ford pay them?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Seeing as how the bailouts are one of the uniting forces behind this group I doubt very much many of them would have had to paid to be there.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
There is supposed to be an emphasis on alternative power sources at Detroit, it makes any protest seem silly. Making electric, and fuel cell etc cars viable is in everyones interest and would create new jobs, some taxpayers money on R&D is not such a bad thing to revamp the industry.

top topics

join