It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Nuke Expert Bombing and the CIA connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Iran Nuke Expert Bombing and the CIA connection

www.msnbc.msn.com

updated 8:59 a.m. CT, Tues., Jan. 12, 2010
TEHRAN, Iran - A nuclear physics professor who publicly backed opposition leader Mir Hossein Mousavi in the June presidential election was killed Tuesday when a bomb-rigged motorcycle blew up outside his home.

State media identified the victim as Masoud Ali Mohammadi, a professor at Tehran University, which has been at the center of recent protests by student opposition supporters. Before the election, pro-reform Web sites published Mohammadi's name among a list of 240 university teachers who supported Mousavi.

State media blamed the killing o
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
A bomb rigged motorcycle. That reeks of espionage to me. I have also heard, and I don't know if it is in the article or not, that the motorcycle was remote controlled. Now, why does this sound like CIA handy-work??? Well let me elaborate;

1- It was a remote controlled bomb rigged motorcycle.
2- Extremist muslims bent on jihad do not use remote controlled motorcycles but easily programmable 18-25 year old muslims.
3- The u.s of A does not like irans nuclear program and have been doing MANY things to stop it.
4- It was successfully carried out attack meaning that the tech. that was used was advanced.

I could go on put the evidence points to the CIA or any us espionage agency. I am not condemning the attack but, rather am looking to see what you all think about the possible ramifications that could happen to the us, or israel, due to this event.

btw, iranian news sources blamed the blast on "the west".

RA

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I would think Mossad would have fingers long enough?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by anubis1_1

nuclear physics professor who publicly backed opposition leader Mir Hossein Mousavi in the June presidential election was killed Tuesday when a bomb-rigged motorcycle blew up outside his home.

The answer is staring at you in the face - this professor backed the opposition, and his death is a propaganda boost for the regime, and sends a message to other professors not to back Mousavi.

It's a matter of who gains the most from this, and the west doesn't gain anything by sending in CIA agents to blow him up - how would it even dent a vast nuclear programme. The evidence is flimsy to say the least against CIA/MOSSAD.

The regime does gain something from this, and I'm sure they have plenty of nuclear experts still on their side. The regime could easily manipulate their media to state whatever explosive technique they wish us to believe was used.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by john124]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
So we all agree this is terroism right??

So where's the war on terror now?
self-defeat?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Extremist muslims bent on jihad do not use remote controlled motorcycles but easily programmable 18-25 year old muslims.

This isn't the taliban, it's the revolutionary guard's coup regime that has bio weapons at their disposal. It may have been fairly sophisticated - which they are probably capable of. Or it may have been a simple device and their media then exaggerates it to make it appear to be a western plot.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

It’s my understanding by what is being reported currently from many various sources that an internal group took credit almost immediately.

This group, the Royal Association of Iran, carried out a successful bombing earlier in 2008 that killed quite a few people. Ali-Mohammadi was murdered outside his home, using a bomb that was remotely detonated…not exactly ‘hi-tech’; just look at a few IED’s in Iraq.

The Iranian government, of course, will blame the US etc…pretty much the knee-jerk response as expected. News out of Iran is well…not always news. This same Ali-Mohammadi backed the opposition party during all the election turmoil in Iran, Hmmmm….

I would lean more toward false flag operations by Iran long before I’d point a finger to the US or its allies on this one.
My 2 cents.

mg

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Also readup a bit more on Iran's Revolutionary guard as well as Al-Quds force. Both train,fund and arm and even at times of civil unrest, give marching orders to dozens on small to medium sized pro-government militia groups in Iran. This is so unless in the case of a full on revolt, these groups can crack down on the civilian population through very nasty means up to and including assasination, and not look like the army is actually acting against it's people. This is a facade for those outside Iran, however those inside Iran know better.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
As expected Presstv are overdoing their propaganda to the extent it reads as complete gibberish.

Assassination 'proves' Iran scientific progress

"Our scientific expertise has prompted our enemies to target our scientists," Mohammad-Javad Larijani, who heads the Institute for Research in Fundamental Sciences, said.

What does the CIA gain by killing a scientist that isn't a major player in the nuclear programme. The west wants the educated people to stay alive in Iran to stand up to the regime and run the country when the regime has fallen. It's the regime who are scared of the educated people daring to criticise the supreme leader for the treatment towards protesting students.

"Primary investigations into the assassination revealed signs of the involvement of the Zionist regime [Israel], the US and their allies in Iran," ministry spokesman Ramin Mehman-Parast said.

Do the zionists leave special footprints behind now then!
What exactly is this evidence gathered in "primary investigations"??? Aren't they going to share it ???

This is as un-believable as their claims that the west abducted an iranian scientist, who had defected and was living in France.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

Do the zionists leave special footprints behind now then!

Well, I’m not a fan of the militant Zionists etal…but I do find great humor on how the Iranian powers that be use the term “Zionists” the same way parents in the US use the term “Boogeyman” with their children.

My opinion is this is either a homegrown job inside Iran or and act by its’ internal agents. Nothing more.

mg

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
i dont know about the cia but i know for a fact they did this kind of sh#t in cuba and a alot of other terrorist acts. and its just as likely the mossad or even iran its self. all i do know is somthings got to give but just who or what it will be is anyones guess

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
ok. so it probably was not cia, on a major level, but on a minor level I am convinced because it is in the benefit of the US to have, or help in, a IRANIAN NUCLEAR SCIENTIST being killed. Whether the guy was on the light or dark side of the force is unimportant on the scale of Iran, a dangerous country from the us perspective, the fact that one of their top nuclear scientists have been killed thus, hindering their research into nuclear tech..

Once the tech. is created in usable form it doesn't matter if the opposition, or ruling party, develop the tech. with their scientists the nuclear power will be their and for the right price ANYONE will make it available. This makes it in the interest of the usa to have this guy killed. What if they discovered that he was leaking nuclear secrets or had intentions of giving away nuclear secrets or by products or warheads.....etc.

This guy being killed is not a victory for any of the two parties in iran because for both of them it would be a good thing for the country to have nuclear power, from an energy independence and global stature standpoint, even though it would piss half the world right the f:::K off.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I say it was the CIA because it would make the Iranian govt. look bad something the CIA wants when overthrowing the govt. Think about it, he was an opposition figure having him killed would make him martyr, something the Iranian govt. would dare not do. CIA would benefit.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

I agree with you here. Utilizing Occam's razor, it's the most logical solution that this is the regime killing two birds with one stone: eliminating those who have opposed them, and propaganda against the West.

If the attack was coordinated by the CIA, it would likely be done through their contacts in the People's Mojahedin Organisation of Iran. However, this is shaky at best: the PMOI is one the leading opposition groups resisting the Islamic Regime, so killing one who shares their views would be detrimental. The same would go for the alleged-CIA connected Jundallah.

As tempting as it is to blame everything, especially what happens in Iran, on the West - and I will tell you quicker than anyone that there is a reason we deserve such mistrust - we simply don't have enough information at this stage and all present evidence points to no.

It would be foolish to think, however, that the CIA isn't watching these events closely and even considering ways to manipulate them to their advantage.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Someone336]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
When the Soviet Union crumbled the KGB was disbanded but not put out of business. It will linger on for generations to come.

When the Nazi Third Reich fell the Waffen S.S. was disbanded but not put out of business. It has lingered on for generations.

If the CIA or MOSSAD were ever to be disbanded they too would linger on for generations as shadowy underground secret societies like these others.

The Shah’s SAVAK his feared and ruthless Secret Police likewise were disbanded and likewise never went out of business. They are CIA trained and funded by the Pavlavi family one of the richest in the world and genuine royalty.

The Prince wants his father’s throne back and in my humble opinion even more than oil this is what the drama in Iran is all about.

Never rule out the SAVAK in having a hand in these protests, or assassinations, or any other thing having to do with Iranian politics.

There is a lot of money and power on the line.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You know, I always assumed that the SAVAK lived on through the PMOI and their militant arm, the National Council of Resistance of Iran. Take for example, their founder, Massoud Rajavi.

There are some evidences that Masoud Rajavi cooperated with SAVAK (Pahlavi regime’s security and intelligence organization) deliberately while in prison following the mass arrests in 1970s, when majority of the organization’s leaders and members were arrested on terrorist charges. According to Lotfollah Meisami, an eyewitness of Rajavi’s interrogations, he snitched extra information to SAVAK agents to immune himself against further pressures if they could have access to unreleased information. Giving false or burned information on the part of political prisoners is justifiable but giving more irrelevant information implies that Rajavi submitted completely to SAVAK playing a passive role to stop being tortured by the horrible, notorious security organization of Pahlavi’s regime and to win their full trust. In this regard, Meisami refers to a case in which Rajavi gave details of how Mojahedin fighters would carry their weapon concealed in handbags:

He (Rajavi) in one of his interrogations even referred to a suitcase in which weapons were hidden. He did so to defend himself it in case it would be unveiled in future. The interrogators came to analyze that he was a man to invest on. 1

It happened at a time when Mojahedin were on a path of struggle with the regime and absolutely reprehended any cooperation with SAVAK and even those members suffering under the heavy pressure and torture avoided to establish friendly relations only to be relieved of sufferings. Thus, Rajavi’s intimate manner of conduct with SAVAK agents to win their attention was in no way justifiable. The statements made by Meisami imply that Rajavi did so to prove he had repented and to take a path of passivity while in prison:

Rajavi was on friendly terms with SAVAK to the point that other prisoners called him a fop. He pretended to be very knowledgeable and we did not know why he did so. 2

Another instance is Rajavi’s passivity to tensions created inside prisons. It seems he evaded to be engaged in clashes that provoked SAVAK further and thus aggravated the conditions which could even lead prisoners to the edge of execution. The indifference on the part of Rajavi confirms the claims made by MKO former members that he had a fully passive role when SAVAK was hunting down the organization that led to their mass arrests:

Rumors ran rampant that they executed political prisoners with untried. Rajavi and some other members withdrew and concluded not to mess with SAVAK agents; it was the start of a round of collaboration with SAVAK. 3

Source: Rajavi Cooperated with SAVAK

While I don't think that everyone in the PMOI are knowing puppets, I believe they are simply being utilized by ex-SAVAK members and current U.S. and Israeli intelligence agencies to destabilize the region. After all, would the U.S. really let an Islamic Marxist group come to power in Iran? Considering that Richard Perle, one of the most notorious anti-Iranian, anti-Communist cold warriors in U.S. intelligence history, has supported the group under it's other name, the Mujahedin-e Khalq.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Someone336]

top topics

join