It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello to all of you, I am new to ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I have visited this site often over the last couple years and finally decided to take the jump and join in.

I have many interests, and after you get to know me, you will find that I am well read on many topics. My only regret is not joining sooner, if all the prophesy is to be believed lately.

I just wished to say hello at this time, and thank you for letting me join with you, on one of the best discussion boards I have ever seen.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by redeyedwonder

Hello to all of you, I am new to ATS

Welcome to ATS!

Most of us began our ATS existence this way. Take your time, make yourself familiar with the boards, read the T&C and... have fun!

Looking forward to reading your stuff

-R

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS

What topics interest you particularly?

I look forward to seeing your posts around aswell

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Thank you, I am going over all the newbie stuff now, looks like I signed on for an afternoon of reading lol

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I try to keep up on ancient civilizations, NWO conspiracies, ufo topics, earth changes, I am pretty much open to all, as I like learning new things. Without giving to much away, I am in the Computer and Technology field.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Ah well there is definitely plenty of those here lol

Good luck and have fun

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Hiya and welcome to a cool site. You'll enjoy it, but you'll enjoy it more if you pick an avatar. Doesn't have to be great (look at mine...there's better
). Members with avatars stand out on the boards and ones without can get ignored. One of my favorite members posted great points and got overlooked until she got an avvy.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Welcome to the ATS crew. Im sure you will like it here since lots of people come here to learn and gain godlike wisdom. Beware of the trolls though, as they will try to derail any thread that gains popularity. Well enjoy.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thank you for the welcome and advice, it was funny you mentioned the avatar thing as I was working on it, but thanks again.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

I will beware, and thank you, I try to handle myself with decorum and manners at all times, I do not like the trolls tho...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

No worries. Nice avvy.

Even a fish wouldn't get caught, if it kept its mouth shut...

....and also avoided spearfishers, trawlers, traps and other hazards?

Some great one-liners aren't so great when you think about them. I read the quote in your sig a while ago and nodded at the wisdom in there. Later on I thought 'wait a minute...doh!'

'It's better that people think you are a fool, than open your mouth and prove it!' Now that is a cool quote. It sounds great and deep. But....if we all did that we'd be sharing trees with the other monkeys!

On ATS and anywhere else...beware of one-line wisdom...it's often a dogturd sprayed gold

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
My sig actually comes from an old sign, that was posted above my 3rd grade blackboard. I do not know where it originated, or who actually might have said it, searches turn up nothing.

It meant to me that you should think before opening your mouth, and I have kept this principle in mind ever since. I am not saying people don't think before they speak, but it is a helpful reminder for me...

new topics

top topics

join