It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel Pony Express?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
it is happening again - and i'm ready to talk about it.

on March 10 of 2007, i opened my inbox at my ISP site and had quite a shock.
there was an email, from a "John Munoz" that was dated March 17, by the ISP's timeserver. like i said, it was the 10th.

i tripped out!

i set out to investigate and see if there was a logical, possible, and probable explanation. the more i looked into it, the more mysterious it seemed.

not too long before this happened, my email client quit working. if memory serves me, it was Outlook Express or possibly Thunderbird. it refused to download new messages. i tried to reinstall but that didn't fix it. i un-installed and re-installed and still no fix. i dicked around with it for a day or two and just decided to check my mail online until i could figure it out or else maybe re-install my OS from scratch (yuk!).

so, in the meanwhile, this strange email showed up. i took a screenshot of it but at the time didn't fully understand the implications and possibilities of the situation. so there is no place on the screenshot image that would serve as proof that i did receive this email 7 days ahead of time, as alleged.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0db2665a4b4b.gif[/atsimg]

now, to try to make a long story short, over the course of the next 2 years, these emails came more and more frequently as well as increasingly "out of time," not only from the future but also from the past. i can't recall, exactly, the date span but it was something like 12/1/1969 all the way up until the year 2030 or so.

i took screenshots of my inbox from time to time but those images are either/or on backup disks and my desktop hard-drive; my desktop has been 10-7 for a while due to a dead on-board video chip and a subsequent failed power supply. i just ordered the last parts that i will need, to be delivered today or tomorrow. when i get my machine back up and online i hope to find some of these images and post them here.

during that two years, i changed from dial-up to DSL and also changed ISP's in the process. i eventually was able to use an email client again and so i was using Thunderbird. the out-of-time emails had been going to my ISP email and so they ceased for a time simply because there was no more inbox at that address.

soon after, though, the emails started coming to one of my website domain email addresses; the one i use for personal mail - and i don't use new ISP's email service at all. same thing - from the past to the future. i frequently did close inspections of the headers on these emails but never could find anything that resembled a pattern nor was there any certain thing that would lead me to suspect a single source or plan behind the wide variety of emails - usually spam but not always.

the one that struck me as the most significant one, not too long before they stopped, was a message from www.lawoftime.org in response to my request for the new 13-moon calendar. it was dated ahead of time, too, which wasn't unusual in itself (at least not anymore) but that it was not spam, it was legitimate mail, and the subject matter had to do with the law of time. oh, and also, i got another non-spam from one of the astrology sites that i like, concerning my personal celestial calendar for the following year.

it seems odd to say this, but after two years of this going on, it didn't become boring but it did lose some of its intrigue and even though i still was aware of it and kept up my observations, they were more casual and i kept them in my head instead of documentation; and i felt i had saved enough *proof.*

well, then December came and on the evening of the 8th, which was the day Lennon was murdered in NYC, i listened to Coast to Coast with George Noory because the topic was a book that the guest, Joseph Niezgoda, had written concerning the Beatles, especially John Lennon, and the overwhelming possibility that there was some sort of prophesy thing going on. the title of the book is The Lennon Prophecy. the radio show was intriguing and i was rather wow'ed when it was over, both because of the content and also just because I LOVE JOHN.
i sat there for a bit, soaking it in and then decided to check my email before i turned in.

my email was still at my domain hosting site and i check those accounts online since they are tricky to set up and there are several of them. i noted, without any feeling of significance, that i had one out-of-time email in my inbox and it was dated only two days head, December 10. like i said, i planned to turn in but then i couldn't resist coming to ATS one last time for the night.

and on the main page, there was the Norway Spiral.
i was wow'ed by that, too, simply because i thought - and still think - it was mind-boggling in beauty and perfection. i have a thing for spirals, anyway, so that's part of it.

the next day, i didn't really check my email because the Norway spiral thread(s) were going along fast and furious. the next day after that, on the 10th, i had a lot of errands and stuff to do. i was putting gas in the van and i suddenly had the realization that i wouldn't be getting any more futurama emails. i don't know why i thought that, and it hadn't occurred to me, before that, to wonder when and why those emails might possibly stop one day.

later on, when i got home, i remembered to check my inbox and sure enough, all normal emails. i checked it frequently for a day or two and it remained "normal." i have to admit that i felt a certain kind of deflation - like somehow an invisible wind had been taken from my sails and i also had this sense of BOREDOM when i thought of not having those enigmatic emails coming to me anymore; even though i had grown complacent and even might say i was taking them for granted, now that they were gone, i missed them.

then, yesterday, on January 11th, it started again!

this time it was again to my domain email address but to a different account - one i use as a catch-all. the emails, however, i think are specifically coming to the address of the account, which is named "68" (my website domain). the other account, the first one, is named "babalon@".

there were emails from the future in both my inbox as well as in bulk. here are the screenshots that i took right away:

inbox:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7a2cce69ee45.jpg[/atsimg]

bulk mail:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb5c205b8347.jpg[/atsimg]

those images are only showing in part. i should probably resize these images and upload them again, but i want to get this thread posted; and also the big size is better for scrutiny.

you can go to my ATS media gallery, here and check out the "whole picture," as it were
- and please do so, to fully appreciate this seemingly obvious impossibility.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Interesting. I was thinking time zones...but that couldn't be the case (looked at your album). There has to be a reasonable explanation, seeing as how some (if not all) of it is spam....If it was an email from an acquaintance (or even yourself) then I would become VERY concerned!

I am especially interested because the first email screen capture says "Get it before the RUSH"....I'm a huge Rush fan....hmmmm
(the band, not Limbau)

Anyway...off to ponder...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

You know I have got those two in my inbox, it could be something funny with the timestamp, thats what I thought untill you had a problem with it and I have no clue who the heck you are.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
yeah, it is definitely NOT anything to do with the timestamp, timeserver, or the "daemon."

email is pretty much fully automatic, from what i understand; very little, if any, human interaction takes place.

i invite skepticism and hard-line examination of the (small amt) of evidence that i have offered. i really want to find out as much as possible.

i will find some more when i get rolling, as i said; i'm 99% positive that i have more saved on my desktop's HDD..and my case just got delivered. i should have it running by tomorrow noon at least

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
i got one today (1/13) dated for tomorrow (1/14):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7156fc380fe.jpg[/atsimg]

link to see the image in full.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Live close to a military base or testing area?

Just sayin'...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

not really...

i live in Carlsbad, New Mexico
20 miles north of Carlsbad Caverns
70 miles south of Roswell

the Army's Fort Bliss is in El Paso, Texas, which is 165 miles south of here but there is literally nothing, at all, on the road between here and there; that makes it seem farther away than it is.

Holloman Air Force Base is in Alamogordo, New Mexico; roughly the same distance from here as is El Paso; the Organ Mountain range is between here and there.

and then, north of Alamogordo, is the White Sands Missile Range; but that's still quite a ways from where i live.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

If you replied to one of those I wonder when they would receive it?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

i dunno!

i'll be back!
time is of the essence!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
okay

well, there was one more future-date in my email, so i replied with just the original message, to the address it was supposedly sent from

which, btw, was NOT "MySpace Traffic" as the sender seemed to claim

SURPRISE surprise!

the sender's email address is listed as: [email protected]

but i have no way of knowing when, or even if, my reply is returned; my tired mind can't even recall what the name is, of that thing that is...that the email recipient sends back to the sender so that the sender can be sure it got there.

what is that called? i looked all over the site but if you can't recall the name of what you are looking for....well....i guess i'm getting old.

but there must be a way to do this, somehow, and see if it goes both ways.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
i don't know if this is relevant to your situation but check this

Microsoft glitches send texts from the future............

At the very least it shows that it is most likely a glitch with the email ...

Also a quote from a site regarding future emails and spammers ..

So why would a spammer do this?

If you think about it - it's pretty obvious. Many people have their email program setup to sort messages by date. An email timestamped with the year 2038 will be automatically sorted up to the top of their inbox.

Considering that the message may be competing with 300 other messages (spam and not) for a user's eyeballs - coming up on top may present a major edge. The trick is certainly easy enough to perform. Most email headers can be readily forged.

In general, SMTP servers just pass on headers as they were given to them. Faking a bogus date is not significantly different from forging the sender's address.

[edit on 14/1/10 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
these messages are just sloppy, procedurally-generated spam. it's a common tactic to post-date a mass-marketing email, automatically sorting it to the top of the receiver's inbox, even after they receive further messages which may be legitimate.

Most email clients protect against this to some degree, by automatically sorting emails with future dates into a separate 'Spam' inbox. Some are more effective than others, obviously.

So what we have here isn't time travel, it's perfectly ordinary bad online business practices.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

well, that was my preferred "rational explanation" for quite some time.
but then i got two different emails, in the space of about 2 months, that violated that theory - they were both from websites that i visit often, and receive newsletters and other email from, voluntarily.

one was from www.lawoftime.org..., concerning my request for the new 13-moon calendar.

the other was from www.astrotheme.com, making the usual new-year's offer of a personalized 12 month horary chart.

THAT was definitely not spam, yet both of those emails were dated pretty far into the future, although i can't recall specifics.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

well, evidently NEVER since it contains *bad* spam words.

here is the return:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at gem-wbe12.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

:
208.109.78.3 failed after I sent the message.
Remote host said: 554 The message was rejected because it contains prohibited virus or spam content

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

Return-Path:
Received: (qmail 14952 invoked by uid 99); 14 Jan 2010 05:38:00 -0000
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf-8"
X-Originating-IP: 174.137.71.34
User-Agent: Web-Based Email 5.2.03
Message-Id:
To: "MySpace Traffic"
Subject: RE: FREE to Post Your Ads Over 100,000,000 Viewers Guaranteed!
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 22:38:00 -0700
Mime-Version: 1.0

this is timestamped approximately 7 hours later.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
one was from www.lawoftime.org..., concerning my request for the new 13-moon calendar.

They’re clearly not obeying the laws of time…

now, to try to make a long story short, over the course of the next 2 years, these emails came more and more frequently as well as increasingly "out of time," not only from the future but also from the past. i can't recall, exactly, the date span but it was something like 12/1/1969 all the way up until the year 2030 or so.

Seriously though, this is really intriguing…
Do you have any screen shots, of the ones with the dates 1969 or 2030?

I can’t think of any other explanations, other than the ones people have put forward so far…but I’m pretty sure that if it’s just some simple glitch, you shouldn’t be getting dates like 1969 and 2030!

I normally try too look for a logical explanation first but are you familiar with the John Titor story…

PS - Happy New Year

- JC

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

i'm almost positive that i do have more evidence - the problem is, my pc is 10-7 (out of service) - i've been using a laptop and a netbook for quite some time.

i've been waiting to get all the parts i need to fix it - i've got them now but i'm not done getting my machine up and running.

today i'm going to El Paso to get my new puppy and i'm hoping that when i get back, i'll be able to get my stuff off my old hard disks onto an external hard drive and then find some more evidence and post it here.

extraordinary claims, you know.

p.s.
and yes, i'm familiar with the John Titor story.

[edit on 1/21/2010 by queenannie38]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

i'm almost positive that i do have more evidence - the problem is, my pc is 10-7 (out of service) - i've been using a laptop and a netbook for quite some time.

i've been waiting to get all the parts i need to fix it - i've got them now but i'm not done getting my machine up and running.

I know the feeling, nothing worse than something not working, just when you need it too.

today i'm going to El Paso to get my new puppy and i'm hoping that when i get back, i'll be able to get my stuff off my old hard disks onto an external hard drive and then find some more evidence and post it here.

Well, there’s one thing I know about puppies/technical problems lol…there going to take up, a lot of your time
but it can be good fun…

extraordinary claims, you know.

Yes, extraordinary claims indeed…and it would appear you are not alone!

I think most of the ones that are out by a day, are just due to different time differentials, from one country too another. As for the ones dated a week in advance, they are normally connected to spam mail.

As for the bigger date gaps of between 20 and 40 years!… I did some digging around online and found there was a guy, who had a similar email date of 1969! (strange how it’s the same year…coincidence?) showing in his new web mail client but it showed the correct date of, 30 Jul 2008, when viewed in his old web mail client…

I don’t know what is causing this date problem, but it would appear, it might have something to do with the new web client, he was using at the time. I’m not sure which dated version he was using, but just going off his email date, I would hazard a guess, at a version somewhere in the region of 07-08. Of course, the problem may have been fixed, since that date.

Link

- JC

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
My guess is that it's just plain ol' spam with falsified MIME headers. (I believe the date field is amongst the information encoded.) In other words, the date is just as fake as the sender's spoofed address and other related data.

The idea is fun though. The implications of being able to send email to and from different points in time would be pretty cool. I bet most people would be asking for next week's lottery numbers through such correspondence. I know I would.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
That is bizarre. The first one you posted appears to have a motive for future dating since it's a spam advertising a stock--a subliminal message that they are in the know.

This reminds me of the T-Mobile blank texts from the future.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
something i remember...

one of the flights that vanished in the triangle.

frt lauderdale received a transmission from a flight claiming to in combat, or some such situation. thing is is that the flight had vanished many years previously. The pilot was calling somebody, but not fort lauderdale. (also the callsign was the same)

as to the content of said message, or the location, year, pilot, etcetera/ I have no idea I retain very little information.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join