It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS talent contest - Season 2. **ENTRIES**

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
***ENTRIES THREAD***

It's that time again. Time to let your little star shine. (Or if you're more the Ozzy Osbourne type: make the hair on the back of our necks stand on end...
)

Seeing that the first edition had only a handful of entries we're going to lighten up on the limitations a bit. This round there is going to be two categories:

1. General

Yep. You've guessed it. Anything goes. Sing, dance, whistle, play a pipe organ or even an air guitar... Anything. If you feel it's a talent, then show us. (We'll be the judge...
) Can you do better than the famous (infamous?) Sauron whom opened a bottle of beer with his eye...
Or think you're a better singer than the previous winner, OmegaLogos? This is your moment.

There are rumours that a certain moderator has the talent of biting his toe nails. And another one doing something that involves beer and roller-skates...

Let's see if it's all talk...

2. I love ATS-song

If you're familiar with Discovery channel's "I love the World" ad campaign, you'll know where this is going... If you're unfamiliar with the ad that went viral, look it up on YouTube or visit Discovery.

What you have to do, is download one of the backtracks from Discovery (You can choose between Country, Disco, Hip Hop, Orchestral and Rock) for free, write "ATS is just awesome" lyrics to it, and perform it. Easy as that.

How does it work:

1. Record yourself showing off you talent on video (or MP3 for the “ATS is Awesome” song).
2. Upload the video to Media@ATS for the general category. Upload your MP3 to the PODCasts section or your video/MP3 to the Media@ATS section.
3. Post your clip in the entries thread HERE.
4. Members will then give stars to the entries. Member votes will count 33% and Judges’ votes will count 67%.
5. The competition will close Friday 28 January 2010 at 12 PM GMT – at which point the member voting will be tallied.
6. Judges votes will then be added and the winners announced.
7. If you want to comment on an entry or ask a question you can do so HERE.

Rules:

1. The competition is open to everyone (staff included – but no points for them!).
2. Your entry MUST be your own property, i.e. not someone else’s talent.
3. Applies to the general category: You have to indicate at the beginning of the video clip that the clip is intended for ATS, for example say “This is my talent for the ATS talent contest” or hold up a piece of paper with “FOR ATS” written on it.
4. Applies to the general category: Your video MUST be uploaded to Media @ ATS. Video clips hosted by other sites such as YouTube will not be accepted.
5. Applies to the "I Love ATS" category: Entries to the second/"ATS is just Awesome" category can be done via PODCast (upload here), MP3 uploaded to Media@ATS or video uploaded to Media@ATS.
6. Nothing illegal will be accepted.
7. DO NOT put yourself or anyone else in danger. Trying to shoot an apple from your brother’s head with a crossbow will not be accepted. If you juggle the 3 cats, 5 hamsters and the washing machine and one of the hamsters sprains an ankle, you will be disqualified!
8. You do not have to show your face in the video. If your talent requires a “wide angle” shot, be creative if you wish to hide your identity.
9. Any member can enter as many entries as he or she likes.
10. All comments in the entries thread will be removed. Entries only! Comments, questions and discussions about entries go here:
11. The usual board Terms and Conditions apply.
12. You MUST have fun!

Prizes:
Category:
General Talents:
First Prize: 25,000 points
Second Prize: 15,000 points
Third Prize: 10,000 points

ATS is just AWESOME-song
First Prize: 25,000 points
Second Prize: 15,000 points
Third Prize: 10,000 points

*** This thread is for entries ONLY!
Questions and comments are welcome in THIS thread.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Are there any restrictions on language or do you leave it to the good taste of the participants?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

8. You do not have to show your face in the video. If your talent requires a “wide angle” shot, be creative if you wish to hide your identity.

If me and my "friends" enter, we got this part covered.

Can't wait to start watching these entries as they start popping up.

Good contest.

ATS IS AWESOME!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

ALL ATS activities must comply with the TAC.

Springer...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Please ask any questions on this contest in the proper thread linked below...

*** This thread is for entries ONLY!
Questions and comments are welcome in THIS thread.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Here's my first entry. I love ATS song:

files.abovetopsecret.com...
Edited to link directly to entry.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

With the absolute exception of that "I love the overlord" bit, that was GREAT!

Springer...

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hi!

Here is my first entry for the "General" section; something to tide you over before I get my REAL musical act put together

Guitar Hero: Through the Fire and Flames... EXPERT!

Guitar Hero was and still is my favorite videogame, however its been collecting a lot of dust recently since I started universtiy

Enjoy

(click to open player in new window)

[edit on 13/1/1010 by Monts]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Here's my first entry. I love ATS song:

files.abovetopsecret.com...
Edited to link directly to entry.

Amazing work. I smiled the whole way through.

Mod Edit: Please add comments to this thread. Thanks.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I'm throwing this one into the general section. It's a tiny taste of something I've been working on for some time. It was a part of this thread.
Enjoy
Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-1
Stay tuned for Part 2.

P.S. Turn up the bass

[edit on 15-1-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
And just for fun, my entry - General Category:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Unfortunately I didn't see this in time to create an entry... maybe next time I suppose.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Due to the lack of entries we've divided the prize amongst the entrants.

Thanks for the effort guys!!! Perhaps next time we can make the prize a bit more attractive to attract more entries.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Well I thought everybody who entered deserved a little taste. I wish more people had entered the contest.

Maybe a larger price and more time to create and enter next time?

I dunno.

PEACE

Slay

[edit on 29-1-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Well done everyone! I did make one but due to computer problems i was late!

Next time though

[edit on 31-1-2010 by asala]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yes S. Time was certainly a factor as I'm still sorting out the cam/tascam gear. Next time, Gracia's to all the participants; good stuff.

[edit on 31-1-2010 by whaaa]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join