It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are athiests always slagging of christians

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TSOM87
So we should just let Islam to continue treat Woman, Children and homosexuels that way. Just because the Christians justify these acts? Its not hate speach, its a Reality, it happens. It has to be delt with.

Oh, so I suppose it's your personal responsibility to deal with it?
Again, aside from the atrocious spelling and grammar (which seems to be an epidemic among 'christian soldiers') you totally miss the point.
No one should be treated as lesser humans based solely on their gender, orientation or age. However, I do believe in discrimination based on willful ignorance, closed-minded stupidity and blatant, unfounded bigotry. Now, I'm going to pour myself a drink and smoke a cigarette, and by the time I get back, I expect the relative ignorance in this thread to significantly dissipate else I might become ornery...and no one wants that.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Great, so you would then have no issues with bashing Christians equally for the same acts committed by Muslims? Yet one has to wonder why your singling out *one* religious group. As you've mentioned, it's reality. Christians are just as bad and have been for a very long time. To be honest (again this is just reality) Christians are worse than Muslims.

No i wouldn't have issues questioning Christians on there behavior. The great thing is, is that i can question them instead of being labeled a racist or being killed. If YOU believe Christians to be worser than muslims, i would have to strongly disagree with you, big time.

Women in America are STILL fighting for equality. They haven't won it yet due to hypocritical bigoted Christian leaders ru(i)nning this country. There are also some Christian women as well as Muslim women who are perfectly fine with what God/Allah/Scripture dictates. Instead of forcing our views upon a group of people, let them figure it out. If we can't f-ing give them the chance, then don't bitch about how they are bad or are terrorists.

If we don't stand in and help nothing will happen. Let them figure it out? Nothing would have happened if we just let Woman in this part of the world ''Fugure it out''.

A world populated by mostly Christians (you can thank the bloodshed of past centuries for that one BTW) won't put themselves into the spotlight by highlighting the bad parts of their religion.

Its allready been highlighted! Tell me whats not been highlighted?

Yea, well we don't have an Islamic president do we? It's moot crap spouting in light that a Christian President is the one saying such bold hateful things against a growing group of people in this country. Your going to defend that by again spreading bigoted hate against the Muslims?

I can post videos of Muslims saying worser stuff.

How about we equally question the bible while we're at it?

Yeah but the bible has been questioned over the years and people can see it for what it relly is. Why not the Qur'an? When do you ever see the Qur'an been questioned?

Hypocrite. We need to equally question the bible and the intentions of Christians trying to push aside our constitutional rights. Like it or not, Muslims do have a right to practice their religion in this country. Yea, boohoo, people might learn something about Islam and learn that it really isn't any worse than the hypocritical bigoted Christianity.

We need to question the Qur'an more! After watching those videos i posted earlier on this thread you would be mad not to question it.

Tsom87

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Oh, so I suppose it's your personal responsibility to deal with it?

It's everyones, why wouldn't it be? I don't know about you but when i see someone been treated like muck(understatement) i like to step in. If nobody dose nothing, nothing will happen and people will continue to suffer.

Tsom87

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

This thread (and most threads moaning about Atheists) is about ATS and the problems on ATS.

How can you not understand this?

How the hell does a thread about Atheists and Christians turn into a thread about Muslims??

You're a troll and a bigot i shall now treat you like one.... ie; IGNORE.

BYE

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

No i wouldn't have issues questioning Christians on there behavior. The great thing is, is that i can question them instead of being labeled a racist or being killed. If YOU believe Christians to be worser than muslims, i would have to strongly disagree with you, big time.

Well, let's see. Islam gave us great scientific advances and Christianity gave us the Crusades, which was mainly against Muslims. You tell me which one is better.

The wonderful Christian terrorists are equally able to conduct the most horrific acts of mutilation with the best of any terrorist organization.

which originally wanted to overthrow the Ugandan government but now slaughters and maims people (for example, by cutting off their lips) in the name of fighting for the ten commandments.
source

There are a lot of similarities between Muslim and Christian extremists - but why is it that some Christians only criticize Islam as being a "religion of violence"? Perhaps because the connections between those Christians and the Christian terrorists are so close that it would be unwise to draw any attention to it, so it's better just to pretend that only Islam is violent.
source

Jesus said true Christians, true disciples, were to overcome their enemies with love even as He overcame His enemies with love. What would drive a young Christian man to think that killing unsaved people around the world was doing God's will?
source

It's a real shame there are no true Christians, nor has there been for over one-thousand years. Nothing but a big group of bigoted hypocrites pushing their views upon others through violence and bloodshed and slandering any who fights against such oppression.

If we don't stand in and help nothing will happen. Let them figure it out? Nothing would have happened if we just let Woman in this part of the world ''Fugure it out''.

I hate to break it to you, no one helped women in America rise against hypocritical bigoted Christian men mistreating them and justify it through Gods word. There were plenty of women who criticized the feminist movement and not because they thought they were being mistreated, but because they understood the nature of the sexes, that men have a role and that women have a role. No one jumped over into America to "liberate" our women from Christian men. No one forced us to treat our women as equals. How about learning something before spouting BS in a weak ass attempt to justify your hypocritical bigoted hatred of Muslims.

Its allready been highlighted! Tell me whats not been highlighted?

Don't be a smart ass, you know as well as everyone here that Christian terrorism is *NOT* put on the mainstream news any where near as much as Muslims terrorists.

I can post videos of Muslims saying worser stuff.

Good for you, I can post Christians saying worse things as well. What's your point?

Yeah but the bible has been questioned over the years and people can see it for what it relly is. Why not the Qur'an? When do you ever see the Qur'an been questioned?

Every time I turn on the news. Every bigoted Christian hate thread against Muslims here on ATS. A plethora of websites spouting bigoted hate speech against the Qur'an and Islam. You'd be surprised to know that the Bible and Qur'an can and have both been equally used to justify acts of violence. We only here Christians crap spouting against Muslims because they make up the majority of American culture and are the most outspoken religious group I know of on the internet.

We need to question the Qur'an more! After watching those videos i posted earlier on this thread you would be mad not to question it.

All I can say is that your a hypocritical bigoted Muslim hater.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by TSOM87

This thread (and most threads moaning about Atheists) is about ATS and the problems on ATS.

How can you not understand this?

How the hell does a thread about Atheists and Christians turn into a thread about Muslims??

You're a troll and a bigot i shall now treat you like one.... ie; IGNORE.

BYE

I'll hold my hand up, i did de-rail the thread! Although am not a bigot!

Why am i a bigot? Is it because i have called for the Quran to be questioned? Is it because i said Islam religion is more barbaric than the Christian one today. Yet we continue to beat Chritianity and ignore Islam.

Talk about ignorance!

Tsom87

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

I apologise, Bigot was the wrong word.

I wont say what i have replaced it with

But seriously, if you want to chat muslims, start a thread and I'll be happy to discuss/debate it with you.

This is about Christians and Muslims...

Again, i apologise for calling you a Bigot.

Was reading several threads that involved people who could be deemed bigots although you are not one.

Ignorant and Islamophobic, yes.... Bigoted, not as far as i can see so far

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

No, bigot is exactly what he is.

one who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.
Wiktionary

He'll sit there and crap spout against Muslims while only slightly acknowledging that Christians are doing the same thing. Yet it's the Muslims who are the real problem according to his opinion.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Well yes i know.... Technically he is a Bigot.
But I think you could probably apply that to 80% of the people on here.

I like to keep the "bigot" as a last resort, when it becomes abundantly clear that all they are spouting is absolute garbage...biased, I'm right you're wrong, my group is better than yours... kinda crap...

In fact.... You're right

Oh well.

[edit on 13/1/10 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Well, let's see. Islam gave us great scientific advances and Christianity gave us the Crusades, which was mainly against Muslims. You tell me which one is better.

Islam, reguardless of what they have invented.

Fitna

Fitna2

I hate to break it to you, no one helped women in America rise against hypocritical bigoted Christian men mistreating them and justify it through Gods word. There were plenty of women who criticized the feminist movement and not because they thought they were being mistreated, but because they understood the nature of the sexes, that men have a role and that women have a role. No one jumped over into America to "liberate" our women from Christian men. No one forced us to treat our women as equals. How about learning something before spouting BS in a weak ass attempt to justify your hypocritical bigoted hatred of Muslims.

Look at the position woman are in now compared to back then! Thanks to the help of it being discussed and delt with. Unlike the situation Muslim woman find them self in.

Don't be a smart ass, you know as well as everyone here that Christian terrorism is *NOT* put on the mainstream news any where near as much as Muslims terrorists.

Well find me an Islamic news Channel talking about Christian terrorism on the same level.

Good for you, I can post Christians saying worse things as well. What's your point?

My point was i can post Muslims saying worser stuff.

Every time I turn on the news. Every bigoted Christian hate thread against Muslims here on ATS. A plethora of websites spouting bigoted hate speech against the Qur'an and Islam. You'd be surprised to know that the Bible and Qur'an can and have both been equally used to justify acts of violence. We only here Christians crap spouting against Muslims because they make up the majority of American culture and are the most outspoken religious group I know of on the internet.

I never see the the Qur'an being discussed? Your a bigot if you discusse it or Islam. Thas why its never discussed.

All I can say is that your a hypocritical bigoted Muslim hater.

I don't hate Muslims lol, its there religion i don't like.

Tsom87

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Why for calling the Quran and Islam to be questioned? For highlighting what happens to woman children and gays? Or is all that stuff just made up by the press and woman children and gays are relly treated like royalty?

Tsom87

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
reply to post by blupblup

No, bigot is exactly what he is.

one who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.
Wiktionary

He'll sit there and crap spout against Muslims while only slightly acknowledging that Christians are doing the same thing. Yet it's the Muslims who are the real problem according to his opinion.

What crap would that be? The way people are treated in Islam?

tsom87

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

Contrary to Christian bigotry, Islam is no worse than Christianity. To say "The way people are being treated in Islam" is equal to saying the way people are being treated in Christianity. For you to continuously bitch about Islam and Muslims rather than equally bitching about Christians is what is making you a bigot. The two religious groups do the same exact things and justify their acts from their respective holy scriptures.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
reply to post by TSOM87

Contrary to Christian bigotry, Islam is no worse than Christianity. To say "The way people are being treated in Islam" is equal to saying the way people are being treated in Christianity. For you to continuously bitch about Islam and Muslims rather than equally bitching about Christians is what is making you a bigot. The two religious groups do the same exact things and justify their acts from their respective holy scriptures.

I'am not a Bigot, i know i'am not one, i don't have heatred in my heart towards muslims execpt these radical arse wipes. It's Islam that i have a problem with. I don't hate Scientologists although i have a problem with Scientology as a religion and what they do. To come on here and call me a bigot just because i question Islam and what they do says more about you than me. If christianity treated people today like Islam dose then i would be on to them. I know Christianity has (am not Christian) done horrific stuff in the past like take over countrys with there religion ie the middle east..Americas..Australia..Africa and killed people ect. I am aware of that. I'am not denying those facts. Although Christianity and the bible can be discussed and debated without killings, unlike Islam and the qu'ran, so therefore it continues to happen.

Tsom87

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

I'am not a Bigot, i know i'am not one, i don't have heatred in my heart towards muslims execpt these radical arse wipes.

You are a bigot and your slandering against another faith simply because it doesn't adhere to the exact same principles as your own. Jesus would bitch slap you something fierce for that. How about we turn the focus of attention of those extremist radical Christian terrorist organizations? I mean, if we're going to discuss how horrible a faith can be against people, why not equally attack ALL faiths that do the same?

It's Islam that i have a problem with

Why? Because *some* interpret the Qur'an in ways to justify acts of violence in the same manner that *some* Christians equally interpret the Bible to justify the very same acts of violence? Have you ever bothered to actually learn about Islam, or do you place full unfounded opinion of the faith by the acts of the few? Should we bash all of Christianity based on the acts of the few?

To come on here and call me a bigot just because i question Islam and what they do says more about you than me.

Your right, it says I have no problem pointing out how hypocritical one can be. You want to singularly attack Islam whilst ignoring the same acts of violence conducted by Christianity.

If christianity treated people today like Islam dose then i would be on to them.

Christianity DOES do the very same thing's Islam does. Or rather, there are Christians who interpret scripture in which to justify the same acts committed by some of those in Islam who interpret their scripture to justify those acts.

I know Christianity has (am not Christian) done horrific stuff in the past like take over countrys with there religion ie the middle east..Americas..Australia..Africa and killed people ect. I am aware of that. I'am not denying those facts. Although Christianity and the bible can be discussed and debated without killings, unlike Islam and the qu'ran, so therefore it continues to happen.

That's a crock of BS. History has shown that Christians are a very violent ignorant lot. Out of curiosity, are you religious at all or just hate Muslims?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Well find me an Islamic news Channel talking about Christian terrorism on the same level.

Tsom87

You can just watch any news channel and observe how christian militants bomb abortion clinics and murder innocent people.
Or, hell, just go to the library and read about the Inquisition, or the Crusades, or the 'christianization' (see: genocide) of many African and South Pacific Island nations.
Oh...wasn't Nazi Germany a 'christian' state?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Although Christianity and the bible can be discussed and debated without killings, unlike Islam and the qu'ran, so therefore it continues to happen.

Tsom87

You sure about that?
Because I grew up with a bunch of Muslim kids and their parents were some of the most loving, tolerant people I'd ever met.
I had christian friends who's parents banned me from their house because I have a Hebrew last name, and I had a Jewish best friend who's rabbi father banned me from their house because, even though I had a Hebrew last name, I wasn't Jewish. Yet, the Muslim friends I had never once asked me about where my family was from or what their 'faith' was and always welcomed me into their home. Now isn't that something?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

You are a bigot and your slandering against another faith simply because it doesn't adhere to the exact same principles as your own. Jesus would bitch slap you something fierce for that. How about we turn the focus of attention of those extremist radical Christian terrorist organizations? I mean, if we're going to discuss how horrible a faith can be against people, why not equally attack ALL faiths that do the same?

No, just because i question a faith and it acts dosen't make me a bigot! I have questioned Christianity in the past, and guess what i wasn't called a bigot. Your only a bigot if you question Islam and the Quran.

Why? Because *some* interpret the Qur'an in ways to justify acts of violence in the same manner that *some* Christians equally interpret the Bible to justify the very same acts of violence? Have you ever bothered to actually learn about Islam, or do you place full unfounded opinion of the faith by the acts of the few? Should we bash all of Christianity based on the acts of the few?

Why? The way they treat human beings. Dose christianity still stone people? Dose Christianity still cut peoples heads off? I don't believe people should be treated that way and like i said if it was happening in Christianity i would be on to them the same way. Show me videos of people being treated in christianity like they do in Islam.

Your right, it says I have no problem pointing out how hypocritical one can be. You want to singularly attack Islam whilst ignoring the same acts of violence conducted by Christianity.

So i see a problem in Islam and the Qu'ran and i want to question it, how do i go about it without being called a bigot? Would it help if i go away and question Christianity first then come back and do Islam? JUST to show that i'am not a bigot.

Christianity DOES do the very same thing's Islam does. Or rather, there are Christians who interpret scripture in which to justify the same acts committed by some of those in Islam who interpret their scripture to justify those acts.

Ok show me Christians treating people in the same manner as Islam dose to people i.e Woman Children and gays. Show me them being stonned to death, show me there head's getting cut off. Show me Christians wanting to take over the world and kill eveyone who dose not adhere to there faith.

That's a crock of BS. History has shown that Christians are a very violent ignorant lot. Out of curiosity, are you religious at all or just hate Muslims?

Am not Religious in anyway. I don't hate Muslims except the Radical ones like i said. Whats BS? that Islam and the Quran can can't be discussed? You keep saying i hate Muslims, where have i said i hate Muslims?

What about you? Do you not think the way people are being treated should be delt with and called into question? Or should it should be swept under the carpet.

Tsom87

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew Dark

Tsom87

You can just watch any news channel and observe how christian militants bomb abortion clinics and murder innocent people.
Or, hell, just go to the library and read about the Inquisition, or the Crusades, or the 'christianization' (see: genocide) of many African and South Pacific Island nations.
Oh...wasn't Nazi Germany a 'christian' state?

Find me an Islamic News Channel or any News channel talking about Christian terrorism on the same level!

I am aware that what you said happened. I have never denied that those incidents happened. Although thats history, thats not today. Thats not on the news 24/7.

Tsom87

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew Dark

Although Christianity and the bible can be discussed and debated without killings, unlike Islam and the qu'ran, so therefore it continues to happen.

Tsom87

You sure about that?
Because I grew up with a bunch of Muslim kids and their parents were some of the most loving, tolerant people I'd ever met.
I had christian friends who's parents banned me from their house because I have a Hebrew last name, and I had a Jewish best friend who's rabbi father banned me from their house because, even though I had a Hebrew last name, I wasn't Jewish. Yet, the Muslim friends I had never once asked me about where my family was from or what their 'faith' was and always welcomed me into their home. Now isn't that something?

What has you growing up around anyone of any faith got anything to do with Islam and the Qu'ran being openly discussed? Your making out as if am saying all Muslims are evil, like your friend who likes to call people bigots because they question Islam and the Qu'ran.

Tsom87

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join