It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are athiests always slagging of christians

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

that comment is disgusting and out of order i am a single father who looks after three girls and i live a celebit life life and have never thought of children that way and never would so please keep sleezy comments to your self and to all athiests out there i foolishly put you all into one barrel so to speak so ill change it to why do some athiest slag of christians and i know some christians can be just as bad

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

SMH @ Snake handler???? Snake capturer -skinner- devourer -redeemer OF HUMANITY BY CAPTURING ITS GENEMY. THE MAN IS HOLDING THE SNAKE NOT THE SNAKE CONSTRICTING THE MAN LOL TRY AGAIN I carry pure faith that sees through little attempts to blemish the LOL

You should try looking thing's up before you make yourself sound uneducated.

There exist a number of theories as to whom the figure represents.

The most recent interpretation is that the figure represents the healer Asclepius, who learned the secrets of keeping death at bay after observing one serpent bringing another healing herbs. To prevent the entire human race from becoming immortal under Asclepius' care, Zeus killed him with a bolt of lightning, but later placed his image in the heavens to honor his good works. It has also been noted that the constellation Ophiuchus is in close proximity in the sky to that of Sagittarius, which has at times been believed to represent Chiron (the mentor of Asclepius and many other Greek demigods), though Chiron was originally associated with the constellation Centaurus.
source

Interestingly, this falls pretty similarly to how Satan attempted to give mankind knowledge and immortality and how God punished Satan and us for this act of kindness. Personally, I think God need's some original material rather than plagiarizing older mythologies to convert people.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Groups in general (Christians, athiests, vegans, animal rights lunatics [e.g. PETA, ALF], street gangs, heck, even certain sects of the ATS forums) tend to become threatened and therefore hostile toward people who claim that they are wrong. I believe that to be one of the reasons as to why it appears athiests go around ripping on Christians any chance they get. I am a Christian and have several friends who believe I am a gullible retard for believing that "an old man in space made the entire universe in a week and had a son who died and magically rose again." Do I get offended? Not in the slightest. I am grounded enough in my faith that I just shrug it off and love my friends for who they ARE, not what they do or don't believe.

I have 2 problems with both Christianity (the dogmatic, religious aspect) and atheism.

The problem I have with the Christian "religion" is the fact that it has become such an elitist organization. In the gospel, does Jesus only hang around with like-minded Jews and the sanhedrin? NO! In fact, Jesus hung around with the undesirables...tax collectors, prostitutes, the diseased, the oporessed and repressed. When did Christianity turn from being a religion based around love and acceptance into a religion based around elitism and browbeating anyone who disagrees? We, as Christians, should all remember Jesus' words "and they will know Me by your love." He makes no mention of apologetics or evidence or anything of the sort. Stop getting your Sunday panties in a wad and love people, warts and all.

Athiests...not everyone believes what you don't believe. It doesn't mean you have to call people superstitious or uninformed. So what if I don't understand quantum physics? Quantum physics is hard to understand. So what if God didn't make a girl love me back or give me a new truck when I turned 16 and that's why I'm going to not believe anymore? He's not a slot machine or a magic genie. People are entitled to their beliefs. Sometimes athiests are just as bad as Christian super-church folk.

You know what, if you don't believe what I do, that's fine. I still accept you as a peer on this board. At least we can still gang up on the scientologists (not a religion, in their own words) and the alien abductees. Haha, I look forward to inserting a couple of pennies into many more threads.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by TSOM87

''Always piping up and trying to tell others how wrong they are and how evil they are for various reasons.''

Dose that go for Islam as well?

It goes for anyone who picks on people because they believe their religion permits them to.
But as we're specifically talking about Christians on ATS, I'd like you to go through some of the posts and get some quotes of Muslims "piping up" and telling people how evil they are.

Thanks, and good luck.

''In actuality, Jesus would be disgusted with many of the Christians, not only on here but out in "the real world" too. ''

Would Allah be disgusted on how Islam treat's people?

Er.... Allah means God.... they are the same thing.
I think You mean Mohammed and yes, the Prophet Mohammed would be pissed off at many of the extremist Muslims who try and bully people and change them.

Jesus is also in the Qua'ran you know... one of THE most quoted people in fact

''Atheists don't believe in a story book, that also happens to be the most bastardised book in the history of literature... and Christians have nothing other than said book to back up their claims.''

Same for the Qur'an as well?

Tsom87

As i said in my post.... it goes for ALL The Abrahamic faiths... are you familiar with that term?
Are you aware that all 3 (Judaism (the oldest), Christianity (part 2) and Islam (the Newest) are all basically the same thing?

I don't think i should be educating you, the internet (and books) is a far better source than me.... and cheaper

Good luck with your research.

[edit on 12/1/10 by blupblup]

People on here are quick to jump on Chritianity and point the finger at them. These people should go to the middle east and see how Islam treats Woman, gays and children. It's like everything else though the PC mod tip toe's around it and avoids it. Its growing in Europe and these people are demading there ''Rights''i.e LAW's to be put in place.

-

Do you go on Musilm threads like Christian ones and have the same strong opinion? Islam treats people worse that Christianity.

''Pipping'', i was meaing more the Evil bit! Anyway Extream Muslims are way worse when in contact with nonbelievers...would you agree?

Yeah...Mohammed...would he be pissed? I don't think he like's nonbelievers.

I beleive if Islam was questioned more the Qur'an would be the ''most bastardised book in the history of literature''.

Your not educating me lol, most of what you have said i allready know!

Tsom87

[edit on 12-1-2010 by TSOM87]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

People on here are quick to jump on Chritianity and point the finger at them. These people should go to the middle east and see how Islam treats Woman, gays and children.

That's one of the exact reasons why Christians get such criticism. We don't want our society backsliding into the dark ages of religious theocracy.

Christianity has been tempered a bit to accommodate modern society. Christians never fail to remind their critics that the crimes of Christians in the past are not their fault. And I agree, that unlike the god of Christianity, the children shouldn't have to bear sins of the father. But Christianity as a religious institution still carries the potential for acts of "righteousness" every bit as vile as their ancestors. Every bit as intolerance, repression, and violence as Islamic Extremists.

In fact, we all are. See Below: Milgram experiment.

The difference being, however, that secular movements don't have the core of fanaticism and belief in paradise after death.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Pat Condell puts it quite well I think.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Lilitu]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by digby888

Because at the end of the day athiests try to use reason to convince someone what they believe, and need you to take data that is spoon fed. If people just dropped the concept of religion, and\anyone who should be treated with commen dignity and respect, you don't need religion. You should beieve that we all need to treat each other with kindness and respect. For the most part of history, religion has done far more harm then good. You should do nice things for others not because God said so, but because it's THE RIGHT THING TO DO!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

I literally have no idea what you're talking about now.
I've explained everything and you haven't answered anything and you make no sense... and i can't even make out what you're saying to be honest.

So good luck with all your endeavours and stuff.... stay safe, have fun.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

Well IMO, the way people and the media lay into Christianity, if they done that to Islam the world would be a better place. Theres nothing wrong with questioning Islam. It must be done more!

Tsom87

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

reply to post by TSOM87

I literally have no idea what you're talking about now.
I've explained everything and you haven't answered anything and you make no sense... and i can't even make out what you're saying to be honest.

So good luck with all your endeavours and stuff.... stay safe, have fun.

Yeah....am sure you can't.

2ndline

Tsom87

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TSOM87

Yeah....am sure you can't.

2ndline

Tsom87

We were talking about Atheists attacking Christians on ATS.
You said Muslims were always piping up about other people and telling them they're evil...

I ask you to back up your claims and then you start spouting about Muslims again?

I get it, you don't like Muslims...

But this thread is about Atheists and Christians

As i said before, if you want to discuss Muslims.... go and start a thread?

I'm not a fan of any organised religion.

But do you know what?

I don't see Muslims on ATS (which was the entire point) telling anyone anything, telling people that they're evil or telling them they should change their ways.

I asked you to back up your claims that they did.... you couldn't do it so instead started moaning even more about Muslims... Which is completely Off topic The topic is Atheists and Christians.

This is why you make no sense.

Go and start a thread about Muslims and The Qur'an

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by digby888

There just happens to be more Christians Around than there are Muslims. Then Again, We allow it, Muslims don't as you can see from the recent news articles from around the world and the attempted killing of that Demark Political Artist.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

People on here are quick to jump on Chritianity and point the finger at them. These people should go to the middle east and see how Islam treats Woman, gays and children. It's like everything else though the PC mod tip toe's around it and avoids it. Its growing in Europe and these people are demading there ''Rights''i.e LAW's to be put in place.

That's just hypocritical crap spouting. Christians have used the Bible to justify these very same acts. All your propagating is hate speech against Muslims.

Do you go on Musilm threads like Christian ones and have the same strong opinion? Islam treats people worse that Christianity.

No, Islam is still tied to the old ways of scripture. Christianity is just doing what it always does, adapt and adopt. Christian women had to fight for equality in America, and now some Muslim women are fighting for equality.

''Pipping'', i was meaing more the Evil bit! Anyway Extream Muslims are way worse when in contact with nonbelievers...would you agree?

Christians have their own terrorist groups, let's never forget that.

Yeah...Mohammed...would he be pissed? I don't think he like's nonbelievers.

Nor do a majority of Christians. It is so bad that a President went so far as to say "No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."

I beleive if Islam was questioned more the Qur'an would be the ''most bastardised book in the history of literature''.

Oh please, more hate speech against Muslims. Again my friend, Christians aren't all that great either.

Your not educating me lol, most of what you have said i allready know!

No, most of the crap you spouted was subtle hate of Muslims. Good job bigot!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
SMH @ Snake handler???? Snake capturer -skinner- devourer -redeemer OF HUMANITY BY CAPTURING ITS GENEMY. THE MAN IS HOLDING THE SNAKE NOT THE SNAKE CONSTRICTING THE MAN LOL TRY AGAIN I carry pure faith that sees through little attempts to blemish the LOL

Again, aside from your atrocious spelling, you display just how little you know about your chosen name.
Ophiuchus was observing an injured snake. The snake's mate, who was aware of it's mate's injury slithered off and returned with a sprig of healing herbs in it's mouth. The mate tended to and cared for it's love's injuries and applied the herbs to sooth the injuries. Ophiuchus was fascinated by this and began to apply what he'd learned from the snakes to begin to establish what we know today as modern medicine. It's the origin of the caduceus, the symbol for medicine. It has nothing to do with conquering serpents or any of that such nonsense. I think you might want to consider reassessing your attitude up here as you seem to relish displaying your willful ignorance.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
"Why are some atheists always slagging Christians?"

Because some Christians insist on condemning to hell all those that don't believe what they believe.

It's as simple as that.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Neo__]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

We were talking about Atheists attacking Christians on ATS.
You said Muslims were always piping up about other people and telling them they're evil...

I ask you to back up your claims and then you start spouting about Muslims again?

Evil Muslims?

Evil Muslims

Radical Islam

Evil Muslims?

Listen to this Guy

I get it, you don't like Muslims...

Theres muslims out there that are hard working people and abide to the law of the land. Rather than the Barbaric law, Sharia law and accept other people's faith. Theres more of them am sure in the western world than these radical ones in the videos above.

I don't see Muslims on ATS (which was the entire point) telling anyone anything, telling people that they're evil or telling them they should change their ways.

Well i was meaning out in the real world, not so much ATS. Where the real heatred relly goes on. And will continue to go on unless we do something about it.

Tsom87

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

That's just hypocritical crap spouting. Christians have used the Bible to justify these very same acts. All your propagating is hate speech against Muslims.

So we should just let Islam to continue treat Woman, Children and homosexuels that way. Just because the Christians justify these acts? Its not hate speach, its a Reality, it happens. It has to be delt with.

No, Islam is still tied to the old ways of scripture. Christianity is just doing what it always does, adapt and adopt. Christian women had to fight for equality in America, and now some Muslim women are fighting for equality.

Muslim woman are fighting a war they can't win. Thats when we come in! People helped woman in America fight for equality and the media highlighted it. Not only woman, but children and homosexuels.

Christians have their own terrorist groups, let's never forget that.

Am sure they do, but Islam is in the preimier league when it comes to terrorist groups. They have proven that over the years.

Nor do a majority of Christians. It is so bad that a President went so far as to say "No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."

Yeah....Islam has that Atitude as well.

Oh please, more hate speech against Muslims. Again my friend, Christians aren't all that great either.

No there not, but thats no excuse not to question the Qur'an.

No, most of the crap you spouted was subtle hate of Muslims. Good job bigot!

This is what happens when you ask for the Qur'an to be questioned and highlight what goes on in Islam. Its the reason why people don't touch the subject. Its the reason why it continues to happen and expand.

Tsom87

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

Which bit of ON ATS do you not understand?

This will the 3rd time I've said it.

Youtube is also full of groups like The Westboro Baptist Church/Godhatesfags too... and other hateful militant christians.

NONE of this is relevant.

Find me examples of bigoted and hateful Muslims, Telling people what to do

ON ATS

Please stick to the topic... you already appear a little confused and unable to follow instructions or read replies properly, let's see how you go this time ok?

Thanks.

[edit on 13/1/10 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

reply to post by TSOM87

Which bit of ON ATS do you not understand?

This will the 3rd time I've said it.

Youtube is also full of groups like The Westboro Baptist Church/Godhatesfags too... and other hateful militant christians.

NONE of this is relevant.

Find me examples of bigoted and hateful Muslims, Telling people what to do

ON ATS

Please stick to the topic... you already appear a little confused and unable to follow instructions or read replies properly, let's see how you go this time ok?

Thanks.

[edit on 13/1/10 by blupblup]

Am not talking about only on ATS am talking about out in the real world. You mentioned the Phelps family in your first post didn't you, thats outside ATS isn't it. Why is it not relevant? You continue to challenge me to find groups on ATS? WHY ATS? I never said there was or wasn't any groups that where ''pipping'' or spouting evil on ATS?

Tsom87

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

So we should just let Islam to continue treat Woman, Children and homosexuels that way. Just because the Christians justify these acts? Its not hate speach, its a Reality, it happens. It has to be delt with.

Great, so you would then have no issues with bashing Christians equally for the same acts committed by Muslims? Yet one has to wonder why your singling out *one* religious group. As you've mentioned, it's reality. Christians are just as bad and have been for a very long time. To be honest (again this is just reality) Christians are worse than Muslims.

Muslim woman are fighting a war they can't win. Thats when we come in! People helped woman in America fight for equality and the media highlighted it. Not only woman, but children and homosexuels.

Women in America are STILL fighting for equality. They haven't won it yet due to hypocritical bigoted Christian leaders ru(i)nning this country. There are also some Christian women as well as Muslim women who are perfectly fine with what God/Allah/Scripture dictates. Instead of forcing our views upon a group of people, let them figure it out. If we can't f-ing give them the chance, then don't bitch about how they are bad or are terrorists.

Am sure they do, but Islam is in the preimier league when it comes to terrorist groups. They have proven that over the years.

A world populated by mostly Christians (you can thank the bloodshed of past centuries for that one BTW) won't put themselves into the spotlight by highlighting the bad parts of their religion.

Yeah....Islam has that Atitude as well.

Yea, well we don't have an Islamic president do we? It's moot crap spouting in light that a Christian President is the one saying such bold hateful things against a growing group of people in this country. Your going to defend that by again spreading bigoted hate against the Muslims?

No there not, but thats no excuse not to question the Qur'an.

How about we equally question the bible while we're at it?

This is what happens when you ask for the Qur'an to be questioned and highlight what goes on in Islam. Its the reason why people don't touch the subject. Its the reason why it continues to happen and expand.

Hypocrite. We need to equally question the bible and the intentions of Christians trying to push aside our constitutional rights. Like it or not, Muslims do have a right to practice their religion in this country. Yea, boohoo, people might learn something about Islam and learn that it really isn't any worse than the hypocritical bigoted Christianity.

Edit:

Besides, the Christians have had it in for the Muslims for centuries now. Now that they have the technology and ability to fight back against oppressive Christians forcing their religion and way of life, the Muslims are the terrorists? Utter BS my friend. You don't just force people to submit to your religious views and kill them if they don't and not expect anything in return. Nor do you call them terrorists when they do seek retribution against your religion and what horrors it's done towards them for centuries.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by sirnex]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join