It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Obama Signs Martial Law Executive Order

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

This might help clarify a little.

www.stevequayle.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
That 10 number is pretty disconcerting.

just sayin'

Its not really the one that bothers me, its that darn place holder concept thingy at the end. Just plain freaky if you ask me.

Now if Blago was still in office in IL and he was appointed to the council or whatever I would be concerned but now, not so much.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystrange

I am not seeing how you are getting more states rights out of this executive order.

reply to post by Helmkat

It is the Biblical connotation of 10 that is worrying to me.

[edit on 1/12/2010 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Thanks. That was perfect.

Now I really do not see how anyone can come to the conclusion of more state rights coming of this.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
FROM THE STEVE QUAYLE PAGE:

shutking.blogspot.com... rtial-law.html

Why now????

OMG Darn it that link isnt working for me. Go to Stevequayle.com and look up Obama signs Martial Law.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by dgtempe]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandletlive
Homeland Security Act of 2002, 6 USC 101.

SEC. 2. DEFINITIONS.
In this Act, the following definitions apply:

(15) The term ‘‘terrorism’’ means any activity that—
(A) involves an act that—
(i) is dangerous to human life or potentially
destructive of critical infrastructure or key resources;
and
(ii) is a violation of the criminal laws of the United
States or of any State or other subdivision of the United
States; and
(B) appears to be intended—
(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
(ii) to influence the policy of a government by
intimidation or coercion; or
(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass
destruction, assassination, or kidnapping.

Wow, by their own definition the federal government is a terrorist organization. If the current economic crisis and misappropriation of tax payer dollars doesn't "involve an act that is destructive of key resources and is... AHHHH, wait, I see their loophole. "In violation of criminal laws of the United States..." no mention of Constitutional law or Constitutional rights. OK then, all is well and our government is still okie-dokie!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
There are 10 governors most likely because there are 10 EPA regions, and also 10 FEMA regions.

Notice the following map:

EPA Region Map

FEMA Regions

[edit on 12-1-2010 by downisreallyup]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
People are asking what he's preparing Martial law for... Here's my opinion

They are planning a false flag operation to hide our economic collapse, so that even though economy will collapse as a result, the power hierarchy will remain and be able to live to see another day. Remember the 2.3 trillion missing the day before 9/11? Everybody forgot about it real quick. People would forget the true reason that the economy collapsed and give the government, and Wall street, anything they want, instead of being pissed off about a failed system that collapsed on its own. It will also give them reason to launch an attack in Iran.

I started a thread on it last night (by coincidence) here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12-1-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Get ready americans!
The dog is out!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by On the Edge

Thanks. That was perfect.

Now I really do not see how anyone can come to the conclusion of more state rights coming of this.

Ziggy - Ok if you say so, but allow me to expound, and we will see.

ESTABLISHMENT OF THE COUNCIL OF GOVERNORS
By the authority vested in me as President by theConstitution and the laws of the United States of America,including section 1822 of the National Defense AuthorizationAct of 2008 (Public Law 110-181), and in order to strengthenfurther the partnership between the Federal Government and Stategovernments to protect our Nation and its people and property,it is hereby ordered as follows:

Ziggy - Says it right here in the first paragraph above. If you are reading it, not just being afraid of it.

Section 1. Council of Governors.
(a)
There is established a Council of Governors (Council).The Council shall consist of 10 State Governors appointed bythe President (Members), of whom no more than five shall be ofthe same political party. The term of service for each Member appointed to serve on the Council shall be 2 years, but a Membermay be reappointed for additional terms.

Ziggy - Completely bipartisan, and short termed.

(b)
The President shall designate two Members, whoshall not be members of the same political party, to serve asCo-Chairs of the Council.
Sec. 2. Functions. The Council shall meet at the call of the Secretary of Defense or the Co-Chairs of the Council toexchange views, information, or advice with the Secretary ofDefense; the Secretary of Homeland Security; the Assistant tothe President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism; theAssistant to the President for Intergovernmental Affairs andPublic Engagement; the Assistant Secretary of Defense forHomeland Defense and Americas' Security Affairs; the Commander,United States Northern Command; the Chief, National GuardBureau; the Commandant of the Coast Guard; and other appropriateofficials of the Department of Homeland Security and theDepartment of Defense, and appropriate officials of otherexecutive departments or agencies as may be designated by theSecretary of Defense or the Secretary of Homeland Security.Such views, information, or advice shall concern:
(a)
matters involving the National Guard of the variousStates;
(b)
homeland defense;
(c)
civil support;
more
(OVER)
(d)
synchronization and integration of State and Federalmilitary activities in the United States; and
(e)
other matters of mutual interest pertaining toNational Guard, homeland defense, and civil support activities.
Sec. 3. Administration.

Ziggy - In unity there is strength. The sharing of this information will expand the powers of each state.

(a)
The Secretary of Defense shall designate an ExecutiveDirector to coordinate the work of the Council.
(b)
Members shall serve without compensation for theirwork on the Council. However, Members shall be allowed travelexpenses, including per diem in lieu of subsistence, asauthorized by law.
(c)
Upon the joint request of the Co-Chairs ofthe Council, the Secretary of Defense shall, to theextent permitted by law and subject to the availability ofappropriations, provide the Council with administrative support,assignment or detail of personnel, and information as may benecessary for the performance of the Council's functions.
(d)

Ziggy - Decisions require the support of the 2 chairs. Each acting on behalf of the interests they represent. The states.

The Council may establish subcommittees of theCouncil. These subcommittees shall consist exclusively ofMembers of the Council and any designated employees of a Memberwith authority to act on the Member's behalf, as appropriate toaid the Council in carrying out its functions under this order.
(e)
The Council may establish a charter that is consistentwith the terms of this order to refine further its purpose,scope, and objectives and to allocate duties, as appropriate,among members.
Sec. 4. Definitions. As used in this order:
(a)
the term "State" has the meaning provided inparagraph (15) of section 2 of the Homeland Security Act of 2002(6 U.S.C. 101(15)); and
(b)
the term "Governor" has the meaning provided inparagraph (5) of section 102 of the Robert T. Stafford DisasterRelief and Emergency Assistance Act (42 U.S.C. 5122(5)).
Sec. 5. General Provisions.
(a)
Nothing in this order shall be construed to impair orotherwise affect:
(1)
the authority granted by law to adepartment, agency, or the head thereof; or
(2)
functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary,administrative, or legislative proposals.
(b)
This order shall be implemented consistentwith applicable law and subject to the availability ofappropriations.
more
(c)

THE WHITE HOUSE,January 11, 2010.
###

Ziggy - If you read it it's an advisory council intended to promote the free sharing of information related to the interests of the States as it relates to homeland security and civil defense. The can spend some money to do this but will not be paid a salary. To spend money both sides have to agree. It must be legal under current law.

Ziggy - Everybody wins.

Ziggy - If you see more there, then you are taking individual statements out of context.

Ziggy - Finally

This order is not intended to, and does not, createany right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable atlaw or in equity by any party against the United States, itsdepartments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, oragents, or "any other person"
BARACK OBAMA

Ziggy - Read the last quoted statement. That includes you. Swords cut 2 ways. No right or benefit given by it. No law can be enforced against anyone due to this order.

Ziggy - If anything is implemented, it will be voluntarily and under current law. Approved by States.

It's a discussion group that can strengthen the Partnership between The Fed and The State.

Sounds like an EO that benefits everyone.

So who is right?

Ziggy

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

"The ten horns you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but who for one hour will receive authority as kings along with the beast. Rev. 17:12

The next thing we will see is a mass terror attack so he can go after the Revolutionist and the Church.

Well it really doesn't get much more specific than that, does it?? This seems to be exactly describing the situation. 10 Kings that haven't yet been granted their power.

WOW. No time to freak out.. But WOW.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

They are planning a false flag operation to hide our economic collapse, so that even though economy will collapse as a result, the power hierarchy will remain and be able to live to see another day. Remember the 2.3 trillion missing the day before 9/11? Everybody forgot about it real quick. People would forget the true reason that the economy collapsed and give the government, and Wall street, anything they want, instead of being pissed off about a failed system that collapsed on its own. It will also give them reason to launch an attack in Iran.
reply to post by seattletruth

Another false flag would not be accepted by the American people not any more.
Which would be a damn good reason for the order.

They are getting scared and that may not be good.

DANIEL 24: 7
AND THE TEN HORNS OUT OF THIS KINGDOM ARE TEN KINGS THAT WILL
ARISE.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I dissagree. Sure, a lot of people have "woken up" but its still a very small percentage. Under 1%, for sure.

Atleast 99% of people believe that Sept. 11 was not a false flag. Sometimes it doesn't seem that way cause we hang around groups that mostly tend to agree with us. However, the American public at large is still under their spell.

Another false flag would be no problem for them, especially if say, it was a suitcase nuke. That would be a lot less loose ends than 9/11 and they would probably be able to pull it off with no real evidence it was a false flag.

The American public would just eat it up, hook, line and sinker.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandletlive
I don’t understand how “the term "State" has the same meaning” as “the term terrorism”??

[edit on 12-1-2010 by liveandletlive]

If it is mis-written/referenced, then isn't the entire document unlawful? I'm sure that the PDF from whitehouse.gov is the official document that is signed and passed into law by POTUS, so why did he/they fail to notice that huge mistake?!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
reply to post by randyvs

I dissagree. Sure, a lot of people have "woken up" but its still a very small percentage. Under 1%, for sure.

Atleast 99% of people believe that Sept. 11 was not a false flag. Sometimes it doesn't seem that way cause we hang around groups that mostly tend to agree with us. However, the American public at large is still under their spell.

Another false flag would be no problem for them, especially if say, it was a suitcase nuke. That would be a lot less loose ends than 9/11 and they would probably be able to pull it off with no real evidence it was a false flag.

The American public would just eat it up, hook, line and sinker.

No offense intended, but, why wait 10 years?
A suitcase would have kept Bush in power for an extra term.

What? It's a game of tag?

The number 10 is only significant in this context for people that are afraid.

The ultimate false flag operation was The Bush Admin, and the fear mongering that created fear in good people like you.

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

I'm going to agree with you then, as it really dosn't make any difference does it? Write it off as overly hopeful. I was under the impression it
was more like 5%. No biggy really.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
Wow, by their own definition the federal government is a terrorist organization. If the current economic crisis and misappropriation of tax payer dollars doesn't "involve an act that is destructive of key resources and is... AHHHH, wait, I see their loophole. "In violation of criminal laws of the United States..." no mention of Constitutional law or Constitutional rights. OK then, all is well and our government is still okie-dokie!

Uh oh... This is not good at all. If the EO was signed while written with a reference to Paragraph 14 instead of Paragraph 15, then in the future they can legally allow any state and its National Guard to commit acts of terrorism as defined by Paragraph 14.

We might actually be screwed if this EO was actually signed with a reference to the definition of "terrorism". :|

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatwasthat
If this measure had been in place during hurricane Katrina perhaps there would have been better preparation and response.My observation is that the federal and state agencies were delayed while they sorted out who was to be in charge. The exception being the US Coast Guard, they just went to work.

Maybe 'cause that's not what FEMA is good at doing. Hmmm?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
I live in Canada, and we never hear this kind of stuff. Our government is too worried about our olympic hockey team and the Tar Sands to care about martial law.

If any of you seriously feel threatened by your government, come on up!

We could use the company

Yeah, but leave your guns at the border and quit your bitchin' about health care!

Also our beer is better so bring a bottle opener, you're gonna need one.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
"Fear will keep the local governments in line..."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join