It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tricking the mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Exploring your mind and different possible realities

Sometimes I like to let my mind wander outside of the box of set possibilities. I like to think about things that are very strange. For example, mabye I am a mentally handicapped person. A retard. Mabye right now, my real physical body is tied down to a mental hospital bed, and the reality I live in is all in my mind, while my body back home sits drooling. Mabye that body is an imagination of another mind, which is the imagination of another and so on.

The other night I saw out of the corner of my eye, my girlfriend looking over my shoulder as I washed the dishes after the delicious meal she had made. When I looked to one side, she was gone. I looked to the other with the thought she might be playing tricks on me, nothing.
So I came to the conclusion that my girlfriend isn't real. I had been living alone this whole time. It makes sense I mean I created her, this gorgeous cleaning cooking dream.
Then she walked out of the bathroom =D

I know the minds here must think of some really awesome stuff, so share please =]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Thought provoking.
On a regular basis I find myself questioning if I am here of if the padded walls just made me forget.

I like to imagine myself as an animal or a fish things that could and or would happen to them and the experience you would have from that perspective. Adding in humor to rough out the intense parts.
Getting lost in mirrors does this happen to you? Like you look in the mirror and then your in the mirror looking at you but then your in another mirror? if that makes any sense it's like getting stuck in a mirror and then you realize you never left.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
other worldy forces at play....

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
other worldy forces at play....

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Elimination of evil and its energy absorbed or consumed and then reproduced as positive energy somewhere else (basically the final hunt for the EVIL 1)

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
im not sure if this really relates but sometimes if im walking home i just imagine getting hit by a car and i have this urge to jump infront of one....this is only rare but still kinda scary you know?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sgrrsh26

share please

I was once sitting in bed contemplating the universe relative to my ability to observe. The door and blinds were closed, it was dark outside...and I couldn't see anything outside the bedroom. So I considered the possibility that perhaps all that really existed was what I was directly able to observe. I couldn't see an outside...how did I know it really existed?

And for a few moments that were amongs the scariest of my entire life, I perceived that bedroom as the full extent of the entire universe. There was no outside.

Terrifying.

But insightful.

top topics

join