It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Desensitization to great change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
After reading a few of the other avatar posts I got to thinking. At one point during the movie, I felt torn from my home. Forced to leave, due to a destruction of the place I've lived my whole life.
Family members dying, and a need to let go in order to continue living.

It seems lately everything I see in the media is about chaos, total distruction. With the release of 2012 (which I own the bootleg but never got a chance to watch) and now Avatar, FEMA commercials on tv about a family being shaken up in an earthquake "what would you do if life as you know it changed". I can't help but feel tptb are preparing us emotionally for something big.

What if our "Tree of life" collapsed? Would you be able to handle it? You would have to. Did you feel a preperation taking place emotionally, watching the blue people die all around you, looking up at the falling home, and leaving never to return?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I think we are seeing alot of gloom and doom lately because it sells.
Its the latest marketing tool in my opinion.

As far as the rest of what you posted...I try not to live a life of fear but a life of sober thoughts grounded in reality and not fear based on whats on TV or what the latest movie is about.
If my reality changes then I will change with it.
I do keep extra food and supplies just in case tho.

If I did have to leave my home then thats an easy one...home is where the heart is no matter where you call home.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sgrrsh26

Desensitization to great change

Maybe a subliminal preparing for great change?

The History Channel just ran a show called "After Armageddon"...

After Armageddon presented a picture of the breakdown of society after a worldwide pandemic flu.
The dramatization was interspersed with expert opinion who presented step-by-step what could happen in the event of a worldwide apocalyptic event. In this case, a deadly flu virus caused death and a domino effect that led to an end-of-the-world or at least end-of-civilization world where survival is the only goal.
Viewers were reminded that skills our grandparents knew and practiced - gardening, pickling, canning, herbal remedies, and more - will need to be re-learned in the event of an apocalyptic event.

Link: www.associatedcontent.com...

There's also that series, "Life After People" that depicts the world after the human race has either vanished or been so reduced as to be ineffective in maintaining cities and infrastructure.

It's kind of odd because there really does seem to be some quiet feeling amongst many that 'something' this way comes and once it does, nothing will ever be the same again.

One last perfect day, so to speak, and then the next? So radically different as to make events like 9.11 and Pearl Harbor look simplistic.

new topics

join