It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiderman 4 Cancelled!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Spidey 4 Cancelled

Well as much as I didn't enjoy the third movie as much as the previous two! I was looking forward to another one!

Tobey maguire and Sam raimi have both quit over rumoured script problems with the studio Columbia pictures!

As sad as this is (for me anyway) they are gonna do a reboot of the franchise with a new main actor and new director, now this makes me feel better, and it would be great to see if they stick to the same formula, or really give it a new feel, a bit of both would be cool with me!

I do look forward to Tobey not coming back, I always thought he was kinda stiff and his voice grates on me a little
so I hope they take this oppurtunity to cast well! but please god I hope they don't use this as an excuse to use the same villains!

[edit on 12-1-2010 by valiant]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
why is this posted on ATS, aong with all the other threads about crap films, crap music etc. This has nothing to do with the subjest matter this site is set up for. Post this crap on your MTV blog or something

well someone had to say it!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by serpentine

LOL how can you complain that someone has posted a thread about a movie in the MOVIE forum

why is this posted on ATS

This is BTS not ATS

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

ok good point, i was accidently reading BTS, me bad.
Wondered why all the threads were sort of BS.
But know I know.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by serpentine
why is this posted on ATS, aong with all the other threads about crap films, crap music etc. This has nothing to do with the subjest matter this site is set up for. Post this crap on your MTV blog or something

well someone had to say it!

What in the hell are you babbling about?

Please take note and observe the forum you are actually browsing and responding on! without jumping in head first trying to be a smarty pants!

As Rising against allready pointed out! this is BTS and you just posted in the MOVIES section, where people talk about movies! ok?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by serpentine

ok good point, i was accidently reading BTS, me bad.
Wondered why all the threads were sort of BS.
But know I know.

BTS is wayyy more relaxed that ATS.

Its here so people can chill out and post about normal things instead of conspiracies like on ATS.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
don't be surprised when they work it all out. it's a bit silly to reboot a very profitable franchise that has, to this point, produced three lucrative films. This isn't like the batman films that went from excellent to ludicrous. They recently signed Anne Hathaway to star as spidey's new flame as they were planning on offing MJ. Perhaps they didn't like the production company leaking this info.

The only thing you can be sure of is that Tobey Maguire will not want to pass up the huge payday when, in reality, he can't command much coin for doing anything else.

Raimi will always find great gigs, Maguire will find himself fighting for roles that other, better actors will have to turn down first.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
That's what I thought when I first heard it actually!

A reboot of a franchise doing very well does'nt seem like a smart move, and you're spot on about Tobey!

Will be intersting to see what develops(if anything) or if this just turns out to be one of those well timed bits of gossip/misunderstandings we are frequently treated to!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by valiant

my guess is, Sam will be back and he will announce that, after he finishes 4, he will be directing and coproducing some film that he's been trying to make for years.

Tobey will suddenly announce that he is coproducing and starring as spidey for at least 3 more films and he will produce (and possibly direct), and Columbia will distribute, his new passion project, however bad it might be.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I could totally see it panning out this way, the predictable machine that Hollywood is!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Maybe the cancellation has something to do with this lawsuit filed by Marvel against the Jack Kirby estate.

www.digitalspy.com...

Attorneys for the heirs of famed artist Jack Kirby have hit back in response to a lawsuit filed by comics publisher Marvel. Kirby's four children have officially requested the rights to popular characters, including The Avengers, Thor and Spider-Man, revert back to the artist's family.

Kirby is considered a comic industry great after co-creating characters such as the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, and the Hulk with writer-editor Stan Lee and is credited with creating the original look of many popular characters.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by TheComte]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Interesting! maybe I dunno, seems a generic excuse that they're using, so maybe?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

and Columbia will distribute, his new passion project, however bad it might be.

It just may be the Robotech movie... Last I remember, Tobey was in the beginning steps of producing this... I'm such a fan of the old cartoons, I'd have to see it...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
All I can say is thank the god of your choice.

The Spiderman movies were pretty, but I feel lacked in plot. I'm a Spiderman guy..it was the only one on TV when I was little for about 6 months, so he has a special place in my heart. Seeing how bad the movies were just made me sad.

But don't get me wrong...you can't get too much worse then Superman:Returns

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
It would be a bit of a shame to lose all that has been established already.

I found the first one a bit boring but it grows on me more each time I watch it, I found the second one an absolutly amazing movie but then the third, well you know, it just became a joke though the ending gave me nostalgic feelings of the first Ghostbusters movie.
The start of it was good and the end was quite good, but all inbetween just didn't do anything for me.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

But don't get me wrong...you can't get too much worse then Superman:Returns

I don't know, I think Brandon Routh did a great job of channeling Christopher Reeves in that. Other than the superkid angle, and Lois having a new boyfriend, I actually liked the flick...and thought it had a lot of the feel of the originals....

I know he's your avatar and all, but let's face it, Superman isn't a superhero, he's essentially a deity....a little TOO powerful, with only one rare weakness (that if he had a really advanced intellect as claimed, he'd have gathered up and tossed into the sun ages ago)....

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I agree with you on superman returns!

But then again i'm one of those people that watch and enjoy smallville! and I know what a lot of superman fans think about that!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Looks like Sam got abit to big for his boots and didn't want to do what the fans or studio wanted. Maybe a fresh start will be good for the franchise. I always thought he gew up to quick in the first three and became a boring 30 something way to early, and lost all his quips.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurokage

Yeah! I agree on that point, he grew up way too fast! I know they're films and tend to move faster, but I just go back to the 90s cartoons and think they did everything right! never felt rushed and you got to know the relationships between the characters in a pretty good way for a 25min cartoon imo!

If they do reboot it? i'd like to see a lowing of pace, I doubt they would start from the beginning again, but i'd like it to be round or about that time!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I would absolutly HATE for them to restart, I would not bother with it if so.

All they need to do is keep moving forward, but at a slower pace from were 3 left off, Harry died (great IMO) and they still have the Crocodile man set up (His teacher), they have plenty of places to take it still, just don't make a song and dance of it (Literally).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join