It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunspot 618 could erupt in X class solar flare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
www.spaceweather.com...
Right now, spaceweather.com is reporting that sunspot 618 COULD erupt in an X-class flare... and if it did so in the next few days earth might be hit with its effects.

My questions is this: After that unusual solar activity last fall, did the gov/public become more attuned to these things... or were the risks posed by solar flares somehow deflated? I mean... after the first big one every paper ran a story about what could happen... but when nothing DID happen everyone seemed to blow off the threat these things could pose to communications...

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I think its one of those things where they realize its a threat, and tell everyone, so everyone is aware, then after it happens a few times, because everyone already knows, its not big news anymore unless it knocks the power grid down. Then everyone will be in another solar flare uproar.

Personally, I hate solar flares, they mess with my satlelite reception.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Hey,
this NOAA site has information you can use to track both solar flares and auroras:
www.sec.noaa.gov...

www.sec.noaa.gov...

BTW, spaceweather.com is now saying that there is a 50% chance that we'll have an M-class flare in the next few days (but just a 10% chance for an X-class).

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Thanks for the links

I lost most of mine when I got a new computer. I used to folow soho all the time.

2 things I do like about x class flares when they hit. AWESOME northern light displays,
and I love watching people get all freaked out over them...lol

top topics

join