It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violence In The Quran & the Bible (very long, but, worthwile)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I want to start this thread explaining to you all that I am not religious in a sense that I do not follow or worship anyone or anything. IMO religion is nothing but a form of control in order to supress the masses. That said I will begin.

Many people are religious and hold a belief I accept that, what I don't accept is when they try to force their ideas on to others. I dislike the fact that many of the religious people I speak to haven't even bothered to research their religion and only go by what they are told or they hear on the tv or radio and when I quote history to these religious people they hold offense to it, even though its part of their religions history its plain mad,

I am just completely amazed at how ignorant these worshippers are to their faith. Surely you should find out what exactly you are a part of before you devote your life to it?

The truth is when people say that Christianity and Islam is based around peace that just simply isn't true. both sides slaughtered thousands of innocent people in order to increase their gains.

I implore any religious member on this thread to take a look at the link below to see just how peaceful your religion was/is, and when you hear your government leaders mentioning god in these times of war speeches, just remember what you have read here, history repeats itself.

VIOLENCE IN THE KORAN AND THE BIBLE (very long but worthwhile)

They turned the Christian church into a terroristic organization acting against the teaching of Christ who condemned the use of violence as a means to establish His Kingdom. He told Peter who cut off the ear of the high priest's servant, "Put your sword back into its place; for all who take the sword will perish by the sword" (Matt 26:52).

Muhammad gained the first victory in the Battle of Badr in 624 with an army of 305, mostly citizens of Medina, over a Koreish force twice as large. He conquered several Jewish and Christian tribes and ordered and watch in person the massacred of 600 Jews in one day. It was at this time that Muhammad instructed his followers to defend themselves by fighting and killing.

The four types of punishments (cutting off the head, crucifixion, maiming, or exile), which were to be applied according to the circumstances, reveal the ruthless methods used by Muslims invaders to advance their religion. Such methods stand in stark contrast to the teachings of Jesus to win men and women for the Kingdom of God by proclaiming the Good News of God's saving grace through the atoning sacrifice of Christ.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
They turned the Christian church into a terroristic organization acting against the teaching of Christ who condemned the use of violence as a means to establish His Kingdom. He told Peter who cut off the ear of the high priest's servant, "Put your sword back into its place; for all who take the sword will perish by the sword" (Matt 26:52).

these were pretty violent times the people that came to capture jesus also had clubs and swords but these were not the actions of jesus who preached love and peace these were the actions of men so i will follow jesus and his message of love and not twisted coruped version of men and how judgemental of you of calling people names for there beliefs and what belief are you trying to ram down our throats it would not be an atheistic one by any chance and heres the last bit from your thread

Ultimately the most compelling example of the difference between the teaching of the Koran and that of the Bible on the use of violence, is the unselfish and compassionate service offered by dedicated Christians even to Muslim terrorists. The manifestation of Christian love in action, has the potential for changing the Muslim world today as it did change the Roman world twenty centuries ago.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by digby888]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Um... Maybe you should do your research and quit lying, before you accuse others of not researching their own religions.

You said that you were going to "talk about violence in the Koran"... But you didn't even quote the Quran. Instead you talked about some hearsay about Muhammad.

Sorry, that's not the Quran, and you are just misleading the public.

The Quran actually is a book of peace. It only justifies violence in self defense.

5:16. 'With it, GOD guides those who seek His approval. He guides them to the paths of peace, leads them out of darkness into the light by His leave, and guides them in a straight path.'

8:64 "But if they incline to peace, (those who were before attacking you), you also incline to it, and (put your) trust in Allah. Verily, He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower"

"And kill not anyone whose killing Allah has foridden, except for a just cause (ie, murder).." (17:33)

2:190-3

* Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors.
* And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith.
* But if they cease, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
* And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah; but if they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression.

Yes, it is a religion of peace, except in self defense.

Should self defense not be allowed??? That is rediculous. Look at what happened to the Jews when it wasn't their law to defend themselves.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

Should self defense not be allowed??? That is rediculous. Look at what happened to the Jews when it wasn't their law to defend themselves

Self defense? more like an ultimatum, believe in us or you will die at our hands? I believe the term they use is 'infidels'- one without faith

First off Definition of terror - the use of extreme fear in order to coerce people (especially for political reasons); "he used terror to make them confess"
-Violence committed or threatened by a group to intimidate or coerce a population, as for military or political purposes.

Now can I point you to:

STRIKE TERROR IN HEARTS OF INFIDEL ENEMY

Sura 3:151 Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the unbelievers for that they joined companions with Allah for which He had sent no authority: their abode will be the fire; and evil is the home of the wrong-doers! Sura 8:60 Against them make ready your strength to the utmost of your power including steeds of war to strike terror into (the hearts of) the enemies of Allah and your enemies and others besides whom ye may not know but whom Allah doth know. Whatever ye shall spend in the cause of Allah shall be repaid unto you and ye shall not be treated unjustly.

and

Sura 9:29 Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His apostle nor acknowledge the religion of truth (even if they are) of the People of the Book until they pay the Jizya with willing submission and feel themselves subdued.

lastly 300 quotes of violence in the peaceful quran

Thankyou your post only proves exactly what this thread is about. Though I am in the minority on this site, I am a firm believer that religion is a weapon of mass destruction in this world, that corrupts the minds of ordinary folk with its false promises.

Edit: I have nothing against religion in its true sense, but the people who represent it have distorted the true side of it for their own gains and continue to do so.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by digby888

Exactly, they turned the christian faith in to a business (tax) and they seized power and corrupted the minds of the many, free thinkers were either forced to accept their policies, imprisoned or worst.

I believe the worst thing the church did IMO apart from slaughter thousands upon thousands of people in the name of the lord, was to burn all the writings and teaching of the africans when they invaded. I sure would of liked to read what they had wrote.

People turn a blind eye when they hear about how the killings by the inquisition, the catholic church has alot to answer for, I wonder how many people would accept their faith if they knew the real history behind it?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

So are you going to actually read those verses in context, or just single them out and make it seem like Muslims want to kill all infidels?

Go read the context for those verses. Read the verses that precede them. I dare you. They are all only talking about war in terms of SELF DEFENSE.

Until you've actually read the Quran, instead of talking point memos, you can't say that you know for a fact. You are just spreading ignorance, and you can't deny that.

I have read the Quran, so I can speak with confidence that it is in fact a book of peace, that allows for self defense.

You only speak out of ignorance.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by seattletruth]

top topics

join