It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is there to do when you're dead?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Well first off, observing this other side would be hard, would it not? You're dead, you lack physical senses. You may even lack subjective consciousness, in which case it may be like what ego death is.

Reincarnation is in my belief, fact though. Like the guy above talks. Though there is no soul. No permeable self.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Occy Anonymous
Hell is a constant party of unimaginable pleasure.

Heaven is a eternal sermon.

But most likely, if the soul is a real thing it will get reset at the next available point, in a compatible vessel...

^^Haha that is probably the most dummy proof way of explaining the difference between heaven and hell...I like the way you think.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The other side isn't at all that different from Earth. Earth is like..a shadow compared to it or..maybe I can compare it to an artist painting a tree-as earth is the painting-beautiful but a lil flat
while the real deal couldn't really ever be explained by the painting-the real deal is so much more to the senses. The Other Side is sorta like that-There's more senses-You feel happier, positivity is overwhelming -love etc. You can do anything because there are no restrictions. You don't get hurt, you don't have travel limitations or physical limitation or even financial limitations. Want to horse back ride? go..Want to see a pla..go...

People don't lose their individuality and people do love creativity-you can create, paint, drama, writing exists! A lot of the time The other side is where we attain our inspiration from unsconsciously. Souls send us ideas, solutions, and even cures. We are full of wisdom but are not perfect on th eother side. there is no perfection for us..not ever..that would make us boring for sure.

Some souls want to learn-they attend schools-The one I saw was outside not ina building and there were no desks. Others become helpers to living people-as we call ourselves (but I assure you they call themselves living too).

Then we can choose reincarnation if we so please. Earth is a fast way to advance spiritually- lots of lessons and obstacles to challenge the soul. We also have a lot of physical experiences and emotional experiences here that we do not there -like jealousy-we take interest in understanding things. humans are curious.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Zerra]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I think that when you "die".. you just start a new cycle of existence, in a different plane of existence.

I'll explain..
For me, dieing, is just "re-coming" to your real form, the one you were before growing in this world, in this body. And, when the "time" (if it exists after "life") comes, you eventually start a new "life", in a different body.

So things to do when dead?
Well, helping people in the physical world, giving clues (i.e. coincidences) to people you loved/love,etc.
I don't think occupations are really needed, because, I don't know if there is time to fill.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
well.....there is only 1 way to find out ......KILL YOURSELF OP , DIEEEEE muwahahahahaha

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Noobastronomer]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

That is not entirely possible......maybe you mean living in other circumstances, with completely new impressions and experiances?

I mean,....there is nothing tangible......you can not even smell or bake a pie.....I think...who can know anyway?

........maybe you are right....and is everything the same.....

Well...there will be enough to discus about....if the world is to end all of a sudden....someday.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
There is no actual physical death. Everything born of the earth eventually dies and is returned to the earth, and the spirit that had once animated the physical manifestation returns to the source with all the memories and expierences that was obtained within their short, little, transient lifetime... AND!!! there has to be some kind of internet provider when we cross over, i mean how else am i going to get on xbox live and play MW2

Guess its a mystery we can only discover for ourselves when the time comes (which i am 97.5% sure will happen) and in the meantime, I intend to live my life to the fullest and take advantage of whatever it has to offer
. nice thread you got going S&F from me

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I imagine most of our time will be spent feeding worms and fertilizing the dirt.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Quoted for the truth! I think this sort of afterlife ie your decomposing body feeding and allowing new life to flourish is the most beautiful and truthful one. I don't believe in any sort of conscious after life and really don't care much for one, if im wrong then i would like an opt out option
Imo when your brain is starved of oxygen and dies so do you as you are only a culmination of memories that are stored in the brain, brain dies=you die. Common sense really with no fancy superstitious joo joo needed.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
if anything it will be more a state of being. Don't think you will really get bored as there will be no concept of time in something infinite. Plus you'll be to busy playing with your new powers, like floating and just general chilling around.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Zantara,

I have been searching for information on what happens when we die, and the best answers came from NDE people.

Here is some things found:

Near Death Experience Research Foundation
NDERF Is the largest Near Death Experience Website in the world with over 2000 full-text published NDE accounts.

Near Death Experience Research Foundation

Download Victor Zammits book and start reading.
Afterlife Evidence - Lawyer Victor Zammit on Life after Death

Saved one of the best for last:
Near-Death Experience Links

They helped me come to grips with the endless possibilities that will happen when each one of us dies.

Good luck on your journeys.

End of Line......

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Dometheus

Thx for all those links...

Some people have a very excentric idea about how the next life works. John Lear, a well known figure in the UFO community belief that the moon is some kind of soul generator. I am not sure where he got this idea from but who knows.....

It is a big mystery, but most cultures if not all belief that there is something after we die. It is strange that we still do not know for sure and maybe this is part of our design that we will not know.

Maybe with these new theories of multiple dimensions we will eventualy make a machine to look into or make contact with other dimensions.

An indication that we have a spirit which can leave our body is the story of a blind man who could see while having a near dead experiance. This man was born blind.....

[edit on 26-6-2010 by zatara]

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: pazcat
I wouldn't mind i nice long nap followed by an extended period of sitting quietly.
My needs are simple.

It has been a while since I visited this thread and from time to time you read something which skipped your attention the first time so...

Because you received many stars for your reply to my OP it must be so that many people liked your view on the matter or maybe would do just that what you suggested when you are dead.

That is what does surprise me... besides the long nap.. do you like to dream or just complete utter darkness and not being aware of anything and not remembering anything when you wake up?

Then there is the extended period of sitting quietly. .. Doing what..for how long? Extended... do you think in matters of hours or decades..sitting and thinking....?

Sorry, I just can not compute your reply entirely... (maybe because that is exactly the purpose of your reply?)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join