It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is there to do when you're dead?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I hve oft wondered about this very thing.

Assuming that we just don't DIE, period, I'd like to think we can go places and see things otherwise not available to the physical human.

Mars?

Who knows?

One thing seems fairly obvious... if you get bored, you can mess with them folks at TAPS... they will make you a star too, lol!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
I have the feel that the next world is a world on its own with predators and that you need to watch out....just like in this world...but with what will I keep myself busy?

Some souls just like the idea of competing with eachother, the prey outsmarting the predator or maybe becoming a predator yourself in a quest for absolute power, the ability to control everything within your sphere of influence. Quite unlike this existence in which we face many uncertainties like the weather, accidents, disease, old age, unavoidable suffering all these factors beyond our control.

At least in a next existence there is a chance of something even grander than this physical expression, the pleasures without the pain. No need to fight over resources or lands, only the spiritual wars over whose truth is the ultimate, which are easy to avoid being in infinity. I guess there might be a place where there are only beings that like to show eachother new things, where the old and wise souls show things common to them but a wonder to young and unexperienced souls. So there are many places I can imagine where people basically entertain eachother with unlimited resources as it is all "mind" or "soul".

It is strange that this obvious question is so hard to get answered and that there has still not been a person who has an acceptable answer on this great website forum.

Most people are too busy with living their lives, not thinking about a hereafter that might or might not exist.

Sometimes I believe this existence is a chance for beings to become aware of it's existence and make the right choices, at other times it seems unnatural to me to ponder death while living.

[edit on 12/1/2010 by Dragonfly79]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I don't remember very well were I read it but there was this lady medium who would write what the ghost were telling her and she would go in to details that only the person that the ghost was talking to knew.
One of the ladies was talking to her sister that died and asked all of the important questions. To cut the story short the her sister's ghost told her that we are supposed to learn how to live with others and that life as we know it was just a test to go in the spirit world. The sister was mean when she was alive and was still gossiping as a ghost and she also said that she was paired up to live with someone to learn how to deal with others because she did not learn it when alive. She went on saying that she was not used to her new body and she did not know how to use it well. She said that there were people helping her to adjust and that she was not ready yet to move around and explore like she wants to.
It was a very interesting story but I do not remember the name of the medium or where I found it. Oh she also asked if she had seen Jesus Christ and the ghost said that he was very well liked here but that she had not seen him and did not go in to details about religions or anything like it.
Personally I don't know if it is true or not.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Reply to post by Republican08

Horrible generalization there. Science is not purely an atheistic thing as I happend to believe in a afterlife and am knowledgable of science. And neither am I alone, any real attention to this board will tell you that. But my plan is to go off and do my own thing to answer the OP.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Jung came to the conclusion that spirits are only able to define themselves/make sense of themselves, via the living

That's sobering, isn't it ?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Try reading the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality."

I trained in the methods there with a teacher who is a master of that -- he went 49 days in a cave taking no sleep, no water and no food.

So it's possible to transcend physical death and then communicate with spirits.

You have to practice a certain resonance training.

I went 9 days on just half a glass of water and then I could see dead spirits and also I had telepathy and telekinesis and precognition.

Only after I came back -- this was in 2000 -- my brain has been permanently magnetized so that I'm always halfway in the realm of the dead now.

This is true spirituality but it's not really recognized in the West. So I require a special diet -- it's actually the secret behind vampires but you'd have to study the above book to know more.

reply to post by zatara

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Unfortunately, I have a very bleak view of what happens when you die. I'd like to think there's more to it but somehow, I doubt it. Just like it was black nothingness before you were born, so will it be when you die... Black nothingness. Just lights out. The forever-ness of it is scary.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The following is from the Tibetan, the Master DK:

I speak about Death as one who knows the matter from both the outer world experience and the inner life expression: There is no death. There is, as you know, entrance into fuller life. There is freedom from the handicaps of the fleshly vehicle. The rending process so much dreaded does not exist, except in the cases of violent and of sudden death, and then the only true disagreeables are an instant and overwhelming sense of imminent peril and destruction, and something closely approaching an electric shock. No more.

For the unevolved, death is literally a sleep and a forgetting, for the mind is not sufficiently awakened to react, and the storehouse of memory is as yet practically empty.

For the average good citizen, death is a continuance of the living process in his consciousness and a carrying forward of the interests and tendencies of the life. His consciousness and his sense of awareness are the same and unaltered. He does not sense much difference, is well taken care of, and oft is unaware that he has passed through the episode of death.

For the wicked and cruelly selfish, for the criminal and for those few who live for the material side only, there eventuates that condition which we call "earth-bound". The links they have forged with earth and the earthward bias of all their desires, force them to remain close to the earth and their last setting in the earth environment. They seek desperately and by every possible means to re-contact it and to re-enter. In a few cases, great personal love for those left behind or the non-fulfilment of a recognised and urgent duty, holds the good and beautiful in a somewhat similar condition.

For the aspirant, death is an immediate entrance into a sphere of service and of expression to which he is well accustomed and which he at once recognises as not new. In his sleeping hours he has developed a field of active service and of learning. He now simply functions in it for the entire twenty-four hours (talking in terms of physical plane time) instead of for his usual few hours of earthly sleep.

- from the book A Treatise on White Magic

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
You asked.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
As a Christian I hate to say it, but I seriously fear boredom in heaven. Perfectness is well... boring. Its the trials and over comings that make life worth living. When you don't have to work for anything it loses its value.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I'm curious. Maybe you'll indulge me ?

Do you honestly believe any Creator which would fashion a world such as the one in which we believe ourselves to currently exist -- with all its trials, suffering, challenges, injustice, cruelty, etc. -- would also design an afterlife and/or eternity which would be 'boring' ?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

reminds me of the term 'Fleshbag'.

I don't have any super new or super correct information regarding death, but it is my opinion, that what happens is another dream existence similar to night dreaming. But since we can't completely separate from our bodies at night, we can't get the full effect.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The universe is pretty massive so maybe you spend a lot of time seeing other worlds. Sort of like the extended view of the Universe and all that it has to offer. Ever wondered what an insect felt like when having sex on another planet? It's the little things that add up to a huge amount of experiences not known by man/woman. It could take billions of years just to experience everything the universe has to offer. We may have only experienced .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% while we are alive here on Earth.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
You're dead! As in without life. End of story.

The thought of what happens just before is what I'm interested in. What happens as we slip off into oblivion? '___' is released if all goes well. We get to have one final trip before our energy expands out. That's gotta be one hell of a ride.

The actual thought of not existing...that has sent me into daymares quite a few times. It's all good. A hundred billion have come before and gone without their being a problem. Life will continue on without us.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I suspect it is exactly like what you remember from before you were born.
It is the only state of nonexistence we have known, and therefore should be the best measure.

On a lighter note . . .from Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead

Rosencrantz: Did you ever think of yourself as actually dead, lying in a box with a lid on it?
Guildenstern: No.
Rosencrantz: Nor do I, really. It's silly to be depressed by it. I mean, one thinks of it like being alive in a box. One keeps forgetting to take into account the fact that one is dead, which should make all the difference, shouldn't it? I mean, you'd never *know* you were in a box, would you? It would be just like you were asleep in a box. Not that I'd like to sleep in a box, mind you. Not without any air. You'd wake up dead for a start, and then where would you be? In a box. That's the bit I don't like, frankly. That's why I don't think of it. Because you'd be helpless, wouldn't you? Stuffed in a box like that. I mean, you'd be in there forever, even taking into account the fact that you're dead. It isn't a pleasant thought. Especially if you're dead, really. Ask yourself, if I asked you straight off, "I'm going to stuff you in this box. Now, would you rather be alive or dead?" naturally, you'd prefer to be alive. Life in a box is better than no life at all, I expect. You'd have a chance, at least. You could lie there thinking, "Well, at least I'm not dead. In a minute somebody is going to bang on the lid, and tell me to come out."

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
This thread is basically supposition on what any alleged afterlife is like.

I've no idea if there is an afterlife or not, but I have given the subject thought. It is my opinion that if we do go on to an afterlife then that means that this life is some sort of educational experience and therefore must reflect the afterlife to some degree in order for this life to have some purpose. What you see and do now would likely be what you can see and do in any alleged afterlife that may exist. I would hope there is more to it, but I suspect this reality is an accurate reflection of the afterlife, if indeed one exists.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by Frith]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
For me, I plan on haunting friends and family for some kicks at first, then hang out at the Playboy mansion.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Rot into worm food for there is no soul, you won't pass go and collect one-hundred and you aren't special.

Live life like it's the only one you have, because it is.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

If this is truly something you are interested in, then I would suggest the book Speak With The Dead by Konstantinos. I can verify through my own personal experiences that the information that he gives about the 'other side' is accurate. Plus, it gives you techniques to do your own after life communication experiments.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Is this thread for real ?? how old are you kid .... 7, 8 ??

anyhoo, you can do everything imaginable on the other side, there is an overwhelmingly sense of peace, and true love. ... and if you ever get bored you can come back here, where everything feels so real.

I know because I've been there, .... most of you will read that, but not truly process it. I HAVE BEEN OUT OF MY BODY. anyone can do it with training.

I feel sorry for everyone who feel's there is nothing after life, .... but perhaps that's what you need to tell yourself, ... to make the most out of this lifetime.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join