It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seasonal ESP?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I noticed something a while back about my own experiences with psychic phenominon, and I am wondering if anyone else who experiences these things has noticed this too?

I seem to run almost like the seasons. During the winter I don't experience a lot of things. Almost like my 6th sense goes to sleep and then in the spring becomes active again, through the summer and then slowly in the fall quiets down.

Anyone else out there notice this? This could be an interesting discussion and if anyone has any ideas on why this happens, I would love to hear it.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I think it has to do with the static electricity in the air and during the summer months is stronger, thats why we have more electrical storms in the summuer and we are after all conductors of electricity and our brains uses electricity impulses. I may be wrong, what you or anybody else think.?

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Not sure, I dont know how much of an effect that would have on my brain and energy field. I almost feel like it has to do with natural cycles of some kind...I dunno. I think a lot of things...LOL

Would be interesting to hear if anyone who lives like in florida and such feels these things. Here in Minnesota, everything relies heavily on the seasons. Makes me wonder if I moved south if it would change.

I noticed a lot of things seem to effect me like that. An example is my hair, I have always had long hair, and if I cut it, I actually can feel a change in my psychic awareness, its not nearly as strong. I know that sounds odd, but its just something I noticed. I notice a lot of things weird like that. Sometimes I wonder if my native american blood has anything to do with it too cause I almost seem to have genetic memories. I will dream about things I had no clue about until later reguarding my native blood, I'm half, and I will dream about certain creatures that have a major role in my native sides culture. Things I had no clue about until I look them up. I never was able to explore that part of me. Didnt even know until I moved and my mom told me when I was a kid that I was half.

Im babbling...lol Sorry, back on topic.
Seasonal ESP, Anyone?

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
You are not babling just letting a weight out of your hart.?
I am living in Georgia so we do get electric storms, and a lot of humidity so I guess thats why I get the theory of electricity.
Smoke.

cma

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Answering to the first post, that does happen to me. I just think it is a temperature change effecting brain functions, but, who knows.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I know most of you don't know me, but I thought I would interject. . .

Consider "life-force." Living creatures & plants have a tendency to improve human disposition. One of the less tangible effects of pets, gardening, etc. By this logic, consider the effects when practically our entire environment dies or goes into remission during fall.

Consider also the effects of seasonal depression, and extrapolate the condition. Perhaps spring/summer is the norm, and winter/fall is a suppression of the norm. Seasonal depression is a very real condition causing emotional distress during the fall-winter period. Draw your own conclusions.

DB, didn't you say you're a Native American? Something in your heritage or upbringing may reinforce this tie. . .

Concerning my own psyche, I consider myself as being "highly aware" of my surroundings. I notice things a lot of people would not, but I don't believe in my case it's anything inexplicable. Also, it appears my awareness is consistent, I don't notice any kind of cyclic differences.

--J1M

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   

TexDB, didn't you say you're a Native American?

You are right, so this goes back to electricity and his influence on us. About the Native American, I did not wanted to make a comment on that because some people get offended by that, but you are right also, people with background on let say african, native and other groups that their roots are more envolve with nature and earth are more sensitive to esp.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just1Man

DB, didn't you say you're a Native American? Something in your heritage or upbringing may reinforce this tie. . .

Am half NA, (Tlinget to be exact) yup, but was never made aware of it until I was older (12) and never had any native culture taught to me. I think there are a lot of ties, or possible ties with that actually. Sometimes I wonder if some of it is genetic memory. A lot of things I never knew about my native culture,but would dream about etc. Some really strange ones too. Appearantly in my culture, the "medicine man"/shaman, HAD to keep long hair or he would lose his power, I didnt know that, but knew that when I got my hair cut, I felt a difference in my awareness. A lot of things like that, and I wonder if its tied to genetic instinct or something. I was actually very surprised when I did some research and found that a lot of the things I feel and have experienced, like dreams of ravens and such, played a major roll in thier culture.

As to the fall possiblity, I never thought of it that way, and it does make sense.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I think your right darkblade, I feel more intune in the summer as well.
I have read you have to be careful when trying OBE'S during violent lightning storms as this can effect your re-entrance to your body, not sure if that is true or not , but i think alot of people are seasonal with their feelings and abilitys.
parker

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   
generally magnetic fields DO have a effect on ESP, but it is not a great enough one too notice a different. the CSL published some research on the effects of geomagnetic fields on psychic functioning if you want to check that out.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Yeah, mine do come and go, waht little I do have, but then, they've not been really strong until my late teens. (I wasn't aware of the possibilities when I was in y early teens, I was pulling back from EVERYTHING.) I suspect this lack may be because I've intentionally shut down again.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Latina, I actually theorized that for ESP and DejaVu too

Because we are made of something like 80% water, being a conductor of electricity, and obvious amounts of moisure in the air leaves good hypothosis for such phenomenon. For DejaVu I figure the speed that light can travel in comparison to man, our given electrical content can have a lot to do with (everything from static to man getting hit be lightning) conducting a connection to a future event (helps if you believe that time is playing out backward).

Then again Ive heard good explanations like the recieving part of your brain picks of a signal way faster of similarities in a place or a situation then ones cognitive process amongst others.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Seasonal affective disorder may also influence this.. 'high' moods in summer.. 'low' in winter- no doubt it would have an impact on possible phsychic areas of the brain.

new topics

top topics

join