It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico opens 2010 with one of its deadliest days

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
those vice rules mean nothing; are you saying a man cannot be a profit at the expense of a fool?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
those vice rules mean nothing; are you saying a man cannot be a profit at the expense of a fool?

Trust between individuals and groups is Indispensable for an economy to develop. So its not a matter if it can or can not be done, the fact is that is a lose-lose situation:
In practical terms you are killing a beneficial long term relationship for a tiny but fast profit. I think That is fool.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Well, drugs is a huge business:

Drugs Profit

Mexican cartels, which control most of the coc aine and methamphetamine smuggled into the United States, bring an estimated $25 billion to $40 billion into Mexico from their global operations every year. To put that in perspective: Mexico probably made more money in 2009 moving drugs than it did exporting oil, its single biggest legitimate foreign currency earner.

Now doubt the shootings will continue.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by oshdra]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by oshdra

well it's a funny thing. so many mouths staying fed, people staying employed.
are drugs good or bad?
to me, it's obvious that our whole way of life is the culprit. We're doing everything wrong.

but there's too many of us, no?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206

well it's a funny thing. so many mouths staying fed, people staying employed.
are drugs good or bad?

Good question, it makes you think isn't it? who decides what is good, what is liberty, what is a valid economy system???

to me, it's obvious that our whole way of life is the culprit. We're doing everything wrong.

Well, yes, but after reading ATS i can't but think that there is an active force trying to keep us doing the wrong things.

but there's too many of us, no?

I disagree, what criteria are you using?

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by oshdra

i just think that if we had less people then they'd be easier to manage and the standard of living would increase across the board.
Once that starts to happen then every system can start to repair itself...

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

i just think that if we had less people then they'd be easier to manage and the standard of living would increase across the board.
Once that starts to happen then every system can start to repair itself...

Thinking fast:
-Easier to manage... Yes, but also, easier to coerce and manipulate...
-Increase of Standard of living: Not necessarily. There will be less need, but also, less work capacity. Bad administrators will still be bad administrators.
-System autorepair: this will also happen if we upgrade our resource administration abilities.

I think the root of the problem is human ignorance. War drugs, social injustice, over Earth exploitation... these problems are not outside actual human solving capacity.
Over Population is a problem, but i don't think New World Order solutions are good solutions at all.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by oshdra

I think the root of the problem is human ignorance. War drugs, social injustice, over Earth exploitation... these problems are not outside actual human solving capacity.
Over Population is a problem, but i don't think New World Order solutions are good solutions at all.

I dont see a problem with the guide stones, they are more or less a modern day ten commandments. Where the ten commandments are for individuals the guide stones give commandments for whole societies...

Sorry but whoever wrote that up is right, our population should come down...its all a matter of how you do it.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Sorry but whoever wrote that up is right, our population should come down...its all a matter of how you do it.

Why? What is the exact reason that makes depopulation so desirable? There are some companies that have a food overproduction problem. There a Lots of land without human populations.
I agree we need to learn self control, but to state there is a need to reduce the 70% or 80% of the population, is quite a dramatic affirmation.
It will not necessarily reduce the criminal rate because of the abundance of resources but because it will be more easy for tyrant governments to control people.
Also, how is this to be achieved? for all practical terms is not possible. Even with all wars, famines and pandemias we are still here and growing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join