It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The difference between the Christian God/religion and others

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

i completely agree with what you say about love..and i would say yes love is an extremely important part of our lives as humans as you have shown...but just loving does not save your soul..that is my point..

the only thing that saves your soul is to have your sins washed in the blood of christ...

with love, but no cleansing of the soul you cannot be with god since he has to be apart from sin

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Avarus

....well this page lays out many prophecies that have been fulfilled www.100prophecies.org...

while yes some have to do with jesus (which you may argue he didnt exist) there are others as well..

as for history...the bible was always accepted as accurate until modern times (which of course is another prophecy..)

but that of course does not make it right just because it was accepted..but lets look at what it WAS right about and what man was wong about..

first the hittites, they used to be a man argument point for unbelievers as there was no evidence..at the end of the 19th century hittite monuments were discovered followed by thousands of their documents..

the babylonian captivity talked about in the bible has been proven to be a historical fact as well...it was debated for a long time but is now proven...bible-2 man's accusations - 0

the Pool of Siloam...mentioned in the bible in isiah (OT) and where jesus healed a blind man (NT)...this place was thought to not exist..however, in this century it was rediscovered..bible-3 man -0

repeatedly man is wrong about the bible being inaccurate...it has been right about kings,places,events..not once has it been proven false, only right....

as moocowman said..exodus has not been proven..but like many things before it im sure eventually it will be

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by resonance

This is rubbish. Here's a great one:
"Jesus foretold his death and resurrection"
"One of the unique qualities about Jesus Christ as a religious figure is that he prophesied his own death and resurrection. One example is found in Matthew 20:17-19. Each of the four Gospels of the New Testament, which were written by his followers and contemporaries, testify that Jesus was resurrected. - Copyright George Konig, Ray Konig, 100Prophecies.org"

In literature, isn't that called foreshadowing?! I mean these books were written hearsay, so of course the writers know what's going to happen. Especially since the story of Jesus is a mirror image of Horus, similar to Mithra, analogous to Krishna. Different name, same story.

Additionally, the great thing about prophesies, is that they're VERY open to interpretation. If I said "Two brothers of a great empire will fall." That could mean ANYTHING. But if it was said before 9/11 you could interpret it as the twin towers.

So far, you're not making a convincing argument.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Avarus

i admitted that you wouldnt accept the jesus ones lol...but jesus pointed at the exact building and says there wont be a single brick standing and that is exactly what happened..

that is totally different than your example of the twin towers...now...since im sure you will argue that the events described in the new testament were made up (as you believe it to be foreshadowing and not something he actually prophesied) i encourage you to watch this video series as it will show you that there is paramount evidence that the events of the NT actually did happen the way they say they did

www.youtube.com...

i have started you with part 2 because part 1 was pretty much pointless...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Well, to be honest, I didn't get much out of the video besides a guy talking about the materials at the time to write on. This is nothing I didn't know already. I liked this post below the video:

The earliest documents are barely fragments of a few verses. The more complete documents are hundreds of years after Jesus died. Plenty of time for the Roman Catholic Monks to monkey with the text. The reason why there are few copies of other ancient writings is because Christians were very efficient at burning "pagan" literature.

Here is a great, albeit long, paper on the psychology and details on the flaws of biblical prophecies:
www.infidels.org...
I challenge you to read this page in its entirety (as I will do when I have a free moment).

Give me the best prophecy you've heard that's backed up by other historical sources as to have happened. Governments/cities 'falling' aren't a very good choice since nearly EVERY country/government has had a revolution, or war, or regime change, etc. to be interpreted as a 'fall'. It really needs to be specific or else you're just hurting your case.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just think you need to take a step back and realize how arrogant you're being.

PS: I prophecize that you will refute the arrogance comment by using similar word which has a positive spin.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

quote;

Apparently a fragment of an old legend that had borrowed much from ancient mythology.
Anakim an aboriginal race in southern Palestine, lagrely absorbed by the Canaanites
before the Israelite invation. Due to their tall stature or massive stone structures left behind
them, the Israelites regarded them as giants=Nephilim.

Sons of gods=celestial beings of mythology.
Including this story indtroduces the story of the flood with a moral orientation--the
constantly increasing wickedness of mankind. The source of the biblical account
of the flood story is an ancient Mesopotamian story of a great flood, preserved in
the eleventh tablet of the Gilgamesh Epic.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child; but when I
became a man, I put away childlish things. Paul 1 Cor

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rileyw

i have absolutely no idea what you were trying to show with your post lol please elaborate..

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by resonance
reply to post by rileyw

i have absolutely no idea what you were trying to show with your post lol please elaborate..

It is in reference to your story of the Nephilim and the flood.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Avarus

ok so i read some parts of that..skimming looking at different issues he talks about and quite frankly, like always, they are taking verses and just picking them apart without any background..

for example he talks about zephaniah and how he will die in peace...he however did not...but what he failed to talk about in the article was that zephaniah "did evil in the sight of the lord"..this broke the covenant and the blessings therefore did not apply..this happens all throughout the bible..

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by resonance
reply to post by Avarus

as for history...the bible was always accepted as accurate until modern times

by Christians.........

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by rileyw

quote;

Apparently a fragment of an old legend that had borrowed much from ancient mythology.
Anakim an aboriginal race in southern Palestine, lagrely absorbed by the Canaanites
before the Israelite invation. Due to their tall stature or massive stone structures left behind
them, the Israelites regarded them as giants=Nephilim.

Sons of gods=celestial beings of mythology.
Including this story indtroduces the story of the flood with a moral orientation--the
constantly increasing wickedness of mankind. The source of the biblical account
of the flood story is an ancient Mesopotamian story of a great flood, preserved in
the eleventh tablet of the Gilgamesh Epic.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child; but when I
became a man, I put away childlish things. Paul 1 Cor

You mean the stories of the Bible are not original? They are based off of previous myths and faiths? I find that hard to believe sir! Seriously though.......The greatest stories of the Bible are some of the greatest plagerisms of all time. Monotheism wasnt a Christian idea, Heaven and Hell were not, The flood wasn't, Jesus wasn't...........all of these happened in other faiths before the Jewish and Christian faiths...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by aMason

Not only where the ideas stolen, but so were the holidays. It was easier to convert the 'pagan' masses by just transforming their existing holidays to xtian ones.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avarus
reply to post by aMason

Not only where the ideas stolen, but so were the holidays. It was easier to convert the 'pagan' masses by just transforming their existing holidays to xtian ones.

In 'cutting a covenant' with Abraham God revealed his will in a way
proportionate to man's way of being. If God's will is to be accessible
to men, it must become incarnate, it must be adapted to man's way
of thinking and living if he to grasp it. It must go from the natural
which is known to the supernatural which is unknown. He must take men
as they are, use what they know, use their institutions and customs ,
and transform them. To cut a covenant was the way men formed a
pact in their dealings with others.

The Sinai covenant, fashioned probably after the Hittite suzerainty pact,
with its king and vassel form, was transformed into a Covenant with
God.

The Jewish Passover meal, or at any rate, a Sabbath meal, God
transformed the ordinary blessing of the bread and wine and instituted the Eucharist.

In choosing a date to celebrate Jesus' birth the Church simple took
what was celebrated as light transformed it in celebration of One
believed to be Light of the world.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I thought this was both funny and topical:
failblog.files.wordpress.com...

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join