It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opening the eyes of people you care about. The facts & what must be done.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This is really a plea for help - I need you all here on ATS to help me, my family, and my friends out. In doing so you will be helping out others as well as yourselves.

I am hoping to collect information within this thread to present to those that mean the most in my life, some of you would call these people sheeple, or sheep. For lack of a better word, lets use the word sheep in this thread to help explain things to one another.

For me, my life has been hard, ever since I was a very young child I rebelled against authority and have had some mental issues, but now I can see that some of these issues were not all in my head - they were things I figured out and now I can put into words being an adult. I need the help of others though, as do we all, to spread the word. You can call this whatever you want, the truth movement works but usually people think "nut case" when they think conspiracies, that needs to change.

I have been able to open my mothers eyes a bit, she is now questioning her beliefs and becoming more spiritual, which is great. She has borrowed some books of mine and such and I'm very happy about this. But when I send my father emails with articles proving some conspiracies, ones that I think should be easier for the masses to believe, he still laughs at me. I want this to change.

The worst out of everyone in my family is one of my cousins. He is not a stupid person, he is being hurt by the economy right now and I try and explain things to him that I know to be true, not down right conspiracy theories, but facts, and once again I get laughed at. I don't want to force anything upon anyone, but I do want people to open their eyes to things. I know this topic has been brought up before but I have yet to find a thread that really hits it all right on the nail.

I have had more success with my friends, starting with 9/11 conspiracies showing them documentaries and such, and going farther and deeper into subjects they bring up when I hang out with them. I've found that when someone is already a bit skeptic of something they are more open too suggestions (yes this is obvious I know), so maybe we can all use this to our advantage.

Now, I am a very good, natural, manipulator. I didn't train myself to be so, I was just born this way, and I'm thankful for it because to be honest it has gotten me out of a lot of trouble in my life, and gotten me a lot of things that I wouldn't have else wise. Do I take advantage of people? Yes sometimes, but not on purpose, and that I say promising you all with my word is true.

Do you think it is okay to manipulate people to get around the dogma barrier of the conspiracy 'nut job' thinking? I want your opinions on this people, I do care what you all think, we all have one common thing here on ATS, we love the truth! Do we not?

I recently found out some information that may tie the state/government to the causes of illness which ultimately ended one of my best friends lives, and I do not want these things to keep on happening! This hits home for us all, we have all lost loved ones, and who knows how much of an impact the secrets that are being withheld from us are effecting our lives, let alone our loved ones? We know there is some sort of population control going on, and I am not ready to accept, nor will I ever be, that it is okay to do that!

So ATS, I ask you all to help me, provide me, with information by any means necessary. This thread is not just for me, it's for you as well. I would love for this thread to grow into something we can all use.

And please, I don't want anyone posting "Use the search engine, or google it yourself." I know I can do that, I have tons of files myself saved, backed up & encrypted. The thing is we all need a plan, a plan that will ensure us the ability to allow those around us to open their eyes to the reality of life, that there are many secrets being held from us.

And to add, before I finish up this post, we all know that there are plenty of people around us who are willing to agree there is secrets & conspiracies but would rather not listen to them or have to worry. They would rather live their lives as normally as they can, but they don't realize they are the ones who have it worst because they just don't care. I consider these people cowards, and I don't see how you can see it any other way.

cow⋅ard

Use coward in a Sentence
–noun
1. a person who lacks courage in facing danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, etc.; a timid or easily intimidated person.

I'd say that pretty much sums up what I was talking about, would you not agree?

So we have the problem(s), we know the issues, but the masses aka sheeple, are unaware or just don't want to care, about everything all together. Help me, help yourselves, help the world. We as one person each can make a difference if we work together.

So how do we do this? Where do we start, and what can we do?

______

I will start off by saying we need a good collection of FACTS, not just conspiracies and theories, but cold hard facts. If we can stimulate peoples minds with the facts, the may jump to the 'other side' and become aware of the things we are all aware of and maybe more. With more people on our side of the agenda (by which I mean the good and patriotic people to speak lightly) the more people we can get in on the inside, and the more facts we can get out to everyone.

Think about it, if we just had 100 more people within fortune 500 companies and government agencies willing to expose secrets that prove conspiracies that make us all sound like nut cases when we try and expose them, it would make a huge impact, and that's just 100 people. If everyone here one ATS (roughly 12,000 members) turned one person onto the facts, that would be even better!

I hope this thread becomes something big, or at least causes some people to think a bit differently. We need this people, especially at this time more than ever. I know you all know why, I don't need to list the facts for you all, we need to list them for those who are unaware.

____

*I wanted to add that if this thread works out and I find some people interested in helping me with my ideas I promise to you all that I am willing to put the information we gather as a whole together, and put it together in a format that we can all read and understand, as well as share with our loved ones. This is a promise I'm making to hopefully get some of you to commit to helping me and everyone else open others eyes.

I could easily put together a presentation, via power point for example.*

[edit on 11-1-2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Howdy, neighbor (I'm in the burbs).

There are some who will simply never get it. They may be invested in their personal fictions and not be able to stand the truth tearing things down.

I strongly suspect that if aliens land on someone's lawn, half of ATS would insist it was swamp gas. If the aliens spoke to them, they'd call it mass hallucination.

I applaud what you're doing and proposing, but remember what Heinlein said about teaching a pig to sing.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by leftystrat

I understand what you're saying, and what Heinlein was saying, although what I'm proposing is that we find a way to bring the most important subjects up and stimulate those minds who need to know about said subjects the most without annoying them

How can we do this? Well to start off we can use common grounds to start off conversations and proposals to others.

Example: Your friend has a family member get a vaccination of some kind (could be anything, swine flu whatever) and that member of their family gets sick, has complications, and/or possibly dies.

Now is your chance to help them with their grieving by presenting some facts which show that certain vaccinations can cause more harm than good.

Don't you agree this will more than likely get this friend of yours into researching the subject? I believe it would.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Howdy neighbors (I'm in the burbs too).

I know what you speak of. Trying to awaken the sheep is like beating your head against the wall. I especially hate the "yeah, we know all that but, what can you do?" crowd. They drive me nuts.

They willingly acknowledge the govt & politicians lie and are corrupt but say "that's just the way it is" and I need to accept it. Lots of folks here on ATS are the same way.

I think until something directly affects them, they will be unable to feel the outrage necessary to wake them up.

Show people how things will affect them and MAYBE they will wake up. If you can get them angry enough. And then still only maybe.

Stupid people suck!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

What is this a Philly reunion? How coincidental is it that all three of us (first 3 posters in this thread) are from the same area? I'm glad to see some people from the same area, obviously you understand there is certain things effecting our area specifically just as I have been noticing.

Yes stupid people do suck, but these people are not all stupid. In fact everyone is able to realize the truth it just takes the right trigger.

Maybe that is it! We need a trigger, a word, a phrase, something that will either intrigue or infuriate the people we love (sometimes love hurts, ha) enough to look into things on their own, and look at our information proposal.

I am really serious about doing this, regardless of how this thread turns out. But I would rather have the help of people who are on the same level as I am. I am into psychology a lot, and I understand there are ways we could trick people into believing things, but that's no good. We need people willing to fight to live a life that they don't even understand that is being taken away from them.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
i am in no position to give out advises to anyone, but i`ll just state my opinion. you just should be careful about all the stuff you read on here. although the site packs wealth of relevant info it still is overflowing with sh*t and garbage. you simply cant trust everyhting you read and worse yet "try and convert" someone else based on what you read or even "open their eyes".
i felt the same way like you couple of years ago. i was going through personal turmoil and read up on crazy amount of "unorthodox" ideas, ideologies and such. i felt like "i was in the know" and had the urge to open the "common folks`" eyes. couple years later i look back at my old self and it always makes me cringe. i was the one who needed his eyes opened. i was naive.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Tricking people is no good. We're trying to reveal to them the way they have been lied to and manipulated all of their life.

If we take them there using deception, they will loose all trust in us.

I still think we need to bring about their sense of outrage. Find something TPTB do that will really drive them nuts. The thread on the bar being closed by eminent domain is a great example. People don't believe it's happening until it happens to them.

Show people how it affects them. make it personal and above all make sure you stir their sense of outrage in order to open their eyes.

Get them riled up about TPTB and maybe they will finally awaken.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Tricking people is no good.

When I first looked at that,I thought it said "tickling"! Which might help-if you say you won't let up until they believe! (I for one hate to be tickled!)

And besides,it sounds friendly!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Seriously though,this subject reminds me of a scene I saw in the movie,"Peewee's Big Adventure".(Watched it with my kids,just for the record!)

In this scene,Peewee is driving a car and goes right over a cliff. He starts to scream! His passenger in the seat next to him is blissfully sound asleep.
Peewee stops screaming for just long enough to wake the guy up,so they can scream together as they go over the cliff!

However this "waking up" process goes about,it has to be done with the utmost of love,because the truth is painful.

My grandma used to say,"Truth without kindness is cruelty."

It is as if we're trying to pry someone's security blanket away,and they don't want to let it go!

The last time I tried talking to my mom about the H1N1,she said "On the news" she heard it was no big deal. When I tried to get her to listen to the other side of the story,she flat out told me she liked her news better!

(She's 78. I actually hope she up and dies peacefully sometime before the SHTF-ya know? I hope that doesn't sound heartless. She's handicapped and wouldn't fare too well under harsh conditions. But,my family lives a long time! She has polio,but has only been sick,with a cold,only a few days out of her whole life!*sigh*)

The thing is,we used to love to talk about all the problems in the world-and now that I (think) I have the answers,she doesn't want to listen!

One thing I'd recommend is to put it in writing. They can keep the letter,reread it when they want to,no committment is needed(besides the willingness to read it),and then later,when things you've said start to materialize,then they can say,"Oh,I remember her telling me that!" And they might ask to hear more. Or,if it's too late for that,they'll at least know that you cared enough to try while you had the chance.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal

Do you think it is okay to manipulate people to get around the dogma barrier of the conspiracy 'nut job' thinking?

I do it all the time. It is the only right thing to do IMHO.

They are too dumb or irrational to just explain it outright. They require us to slowly bring them in a small tad at a time.

Effective tactics I have been working on.

Find out what the person really believes in strongly. Study it some.

Now use this as the initial vector to convince them of whatever theory you want, lets call it X.

In order to be a success with this, you have to make the Theory X appear as if it is intricately tied into the "Strong Previously Held Belief" held by the person you are debating with.

Examples:: To convince a religious person of theory X, simply show them how many aspects of their belief system are dependent on theory X being true. Or that theory X correlates directly with Previous Beliefs.

Like to show your religious granddad that the NWO is bad, show him quotes from his Bible that support your case directly.

Or for instance to convince a Government sheep to begin questioning their government. Show them how their own political heroes were disenfranchised or destroyed by theory X. Show them how their very own dear beliefs are being stamped on by theory X.

Or for Republicans and Democrats, just make it look like the other side is the bad guys.

By playing these little mind games you can easily break past many of the mental defenses people have erected. Just be honest with the facts, be nice and fun, and share with them your excitement.

When you talk you must sound totally sure of your points you are trying to make. Do not sound overly sure, point out the trial and error you went through to uncover the truth. Explain to them how surprised you were when you found the truth.

And if they start denying things, hit them hard where it counts. Make accusations demonizing their behavior right there and steamroll them. Do not give them a chance to deny it.

Use cliche arguments against their denials. Ask them "Do you believe EVERYTHING TV tells you???" and then laugh at them.

If you play your cards right, you can totally turn the tables on them.

When they start to ridicule you, ridicule them back twice as harshly and sharply, but give them the opportunity to recant and accept theory X in it's place. Many people prefer if you allow them to think THEY figured it out themselves (for their ego).

Be more expressive in your body language. Tons of things like this help.

All is fair in love and war.

And this is an Information War.
I am in it to win, not to play nice.

This is just how I go about doing it. And it works like every time on even the most staunch sheep. The fact is, these people do not believe in anything for the most part, and are just itching for the truth deep down inside.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

If we take them there using deception, they will loose all trust in us.

Being cunning and strategic is not deceptive.

Using bizarre tactics is totally fair game.

Look at what we are up against. The most deceptive brainwasher of all history.

You cannot simply spout the truth flat out. It WILL be rejected. You have to reword it so the truth sounds a lot like something they ALREADY believe in.

This is not deception. It is a good strategy. Although somewhat manipulative, let's use government terminology and just say it is "conditioning them slowly".

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
This is a war guys/gals.

You got to get motivated. And you got to form a good strategy to bring more into the fold. Use what seems right for you. But become cunning, become sly, and use your wits.

In wartime there are no rules, only losers and winners.

And I will not stand by and become a loser to these guys, that would be embarrassing as hell in the afterlife (or whatever).

TPTB's plans are so intricate and vast, yet their implementation of these plans is wracked with failure and ineptitude. Their execution reeks of amateurism and naivety.

This war may not be easy to win, but it is not hard either. It is moderate difficulty.

We can easily win if we just get our act together though and start treating this as a war. Because it IS a WAR.

Just ask the Pentagon, they created their information warfare groups decades ago. We are lagging far behind.

This information war may get bloody, but by God I am winning on my front and appear to be pushing the enemy back slightly.

So I ask all of you to also please fight harder and try to break thru their front line so we can flank them and surround them.

What happens if you lose the war?
You probably die, your kids will starve/suffer/be enslaved.
The human race will be doomed to being ruled by aristocrats for centuries into the future, and treated like garbage the entire way.

What happens if we win?
These criminals will go to prison , Finally!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I agree deception and trickery will make us all look like fools because even if we prove something to someone and they find out down the road we deceived them they will give up on the new found facts.

I wish to be honest but manipulative if I must be. Manipulation is not deception, at least not in my eyes. If it will help me show people the truth in the long run, then I will be willing to do anything that must be done.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
jack nicholson said it best when asked about giving adivce.

Youtube - Advice

if you ever want your words to be remembered, they either have to be funny, screwed up, or you have to draw on someones honesty.

good luck

[edit on 12-1-2010 by notsympl]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by notsympl

Well I'm funny person, and I truly admire myself for that, however there is nothing funny when it comes to the facts of the world and the actual reality we live in
So it doesn't look like I can use my ability to be funny to help me out here.

new topics

top topics

join