It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Very Important Message From Ron Paul RE: Congress 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
..Congressman Ron Paul

January 11, 2010

........Dear Friend of Liberty,

..Believe it or not, it is election time again. The Texas Republican Primary is only seven short weeks away and already both parties have turned their attack dogs loose on me . . . doing everything they can to make sure I am defeated.

....Never mind all the good I have been able to accomplish for freedom and the American taxpayer in Congress, the enemies of freedom and the elites in Washington want me gone.

....Together, we have brought to Congress a voice for Liberty, limited government and a sensible foreign policy. I am deeply grateful for all of your support.

....Just look at a few of the things we have accomplished!

....We have drawn 317 cosponsors and passed through the House Financial Services Committee a bill to audit the Federal Reserve. We have led the fight against bailouts, Obamacare and Cap and Trade. And, thanks to the national attention our efforts have generated, we have broadened the debate on foreign policy and are challenging the status quo idea that America must be the World's policeman.

....It is my desire to return to Congress for another term and have filed for re-election. I am hopeful that I can win, but I urgently need your help.

....Seven candidates have filed to run against me. These candidates include three Republicans in my own primary on March 2, and they will stop at nothing to tear down and destroy all we have worked for.

....Please read some of the quotes my opponents have been throwing at me:

......"(Ron Paul) wants to cut spending on our military industrial complex because he believes in a weaker foreign policy."

...."Ron Paul has become a complete nutcase conspiratorialist quasi-Anti-Semitic leftwing American-hating nutball."

...."Ron Paul is out of touch with this district and it is time for him to move on...Dr. No Must Go!"......These quotes come directly from my opponents' campaign literature and websites. We cannot let these attacks stand.

....I plan to fight back and will mount an aggressive campaign. Carol, my family and my staff are already working very hard, but I need your immediate support.

........Please consider making a contribution of $50, $100, $500, $1,000 or even the maximum legal gift of $2,400 to my campaign. Your generous support will allow me to mobilize and ensure we are victorious.

....Please logon NOW to my website www.RonPaulforCongress.com and donate as much as you can to help me overcome my opponents and win reelection.

....There is a tremendous anti-incumbent, anti-Washington sentiment in America. Politicians across the country face a sea change as outraged Americans threaten to vote them out. While I think this development is a good thing, I am going to have to work hard to ensure I am not caught up in the same wave and swept out of office before our job is done.

....If I thought that it would help America, I would gladly step aside and return home to Texas. But the people who want my seat will not work for Liberty. They will instead vote for big spending, eroding our Liberties and policing the world, while ignoring our crooked monetary system.

....We stand at a crucial crossroads. Our effort to Audit the Fed and expose the crooked banksters stands tantalizingly close to passage. It is my sincere desire to stay in Congress and press this fight.

....But, the road to re-election will be bumpy. My opponents are digging up any and all ammunition they can muster to fire at me.....As many of you know, I represent Galveston, which was hit hard by Hurricane Ike last fall. My office has worked hard to help our constituents, and I am proud of the work we have done.

....After the Hurricane, Congress rushed to pass a "relief" bill. Unfortunately, the bill was anything but that. It was loaded with over $6 billion dollars in pork and special interest money that had nothing to do with helping people in need. And, any actual benefits for the people hurt by the natural disaster were run, or should I say hijacked, by the Federal Emergency management Agency (FEMA.) We all remember how well FEMA did helping out in New Orleans.

....I knew that voting against this supposed "hurricane relief" would be one of the most difficult political votes I ever cast. But, my vote was never in question. I stood by our principles and stood up for Taxpayers in Texas and across our country and voted against this monstrosity.

....You and I may know this vote is a strength, but my opponents see it as an opportunity to attack, and they have been vicious. Forget the billions in pork spending, or the unmanageable big government bureaucracy contained in the legislation. Since I voted against the bill, they scream I must not care about poor people.

....They will continue to beat this drum, and if we do not fight back, they may be successful. Think then how few politicians will be willing to take principled votes against big government in the future if they see me defeated because of my stand.

....For thirty years, I have run on the belief that Liberty and free markets are the source of American prosperity. I will continue to fight for these principles regardless of the attacks and personal smears. But, I need your help to return to Washington.

..Again, I hope you will consider contributing to my re-election campaign. Together, we can restore our freedoms and protect the American Dream.
In Liberty,........Ron Paul

....P.S. Early voting in my primary begins on February 15th. Time is of the essence and I have already begun campaigning hard. Your timely support is truly needed. Please contribute to my campaign TODAY at www.RonPaulforCongress.com......

blogs.myspace.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Might I direct your attiontion here for a moment

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ron Paul does not support the right to choose, and hides behind some sort of wishy washy, supposed "principled" states right position, but indeed he authored a bill that would define life beginning at conception. So, I wonder how he'd really act if given the chance? Additionally, Ron Paul does not support strong environmental laws (like states alone can combat issues relating to global warming, and put pressure on other countries to do the same). Ron Paul would like to eliminate public education. Ron Paul does not believe in government funding of the arts. Ron Paul has openly said he opposes the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Ron Paul opposed the renewal of the Voting Rights Act of 1965.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

No thanks i don't contribute to disinfo in any way your link is pointless and shows what boat your sitting in.

Good day

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Thanks Slovak, I was not going to contribute until you provided additional details. Your efforts should substantially increase his fund raising.

ALBERT EINSTEIN
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
We need more people like this at the controls of our government.... Back to the liberties and freedoms granted by the constitution!

The BS and deception corrupting Washington is outlandish! Hopefully with this "new age" we are entering we will seem some great changes towards human rights and freedoms for the people!

Simply put, LAZY Americans need to wake up and take responsibility for their leadership and future!

Good work like usual Optimus S+F

[edit on 16-1-2010 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Probably doesn't matter, but do you understand why he has those positions? The "wishy washy" states-rights position is exactly what the constitution would have us doing with everything that's been going on federally that isn't in the constitution, that's the whole point. Take health care as an example: If one state decides they want universal health care, they can do it, and the citizens of that state can decide if it's right for them by staying and paying the taxes, or moving and taking their tax money elsewhere.

For people who are liberally-minded, you're absolutely right, Ron Paul would be your antichrist. He would severely limit the power of the federal government and give those powers over to the states to handle. I never really understood why so many people backed Paul and then jumped to Obama right after he didn't get nominated. It just makes me think they really had no idea what they really wanted politically (or actually understood what either candidate really stood for).

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Ron Paul is a Republican from the 14th(i think) District in Texas.

He has some very fierce support from the TexasGOP. Every newsletter and email I get from the TGOP are filled with information to help support Ron Paul.

Sooooo......Why would the Republicans want to discredit this man and have him voted out of office??

Is there something I'm missing here or what?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

Why is it for all talk from Paulers and Ron Paul himself about the "two party conspiracy" does he himself remain apart from the Republican party? Why do you all have to continue voting republican to vote him in? If both parties are bad and if Ron Paul intends to stand himself apart from the two party system maybe he should leave? Maybe the excuses about him needing to be part of the Republican party to gain exposure should stop, and maybe he should just go independent. Because evidently his message is being contradicted by the actions of his own party.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Ron Paul is the biggest scam ..

The Elite is using Him as a distraction .. they want you to have hope in this Man .. false hope .. they want you to believe "He can change it all" ..

.. You are so busy worshiping this man that you will eventually forget to fight ..

You are hungry dogs .. Ron Paul is a bone that will keep you satisfy 'till you starve to death ..

Give him more money .. give him more time .. His words mean NOTHING ..

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Because he understands that the two party system of govt in the US isn't going to go away. His loyalties lie closest to the conservative "small government" platform (even though the republicans haven't been adopting the platform in some time) but he knows if he actually were to run as a libertarian in a libertarian third party, he'd be buried even more than he was in the '08 elections. So he stands the highest chance of being elected as a republican than as a third party.

Everyone who wants to vote third party, I salute you, but you need to understand that it's essentially the same as not voting at all. Not that not voting at all is bad in itself (I didn't vote in the '08 election myself) but you need to realize you're probably not going to get what you want if you do it. A third party will never win unless one of the main two parties concedes, and you've got such a minor chance of that happening (they'd rather put a McCain in front than nobody at all) that it isn't feasible to vote third party. All you're doing is splitting the vote of the closest possible denominator of your actual ideals.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by EsSeeEye

I may be a bit of topic , not sure.

Can any Texan let us know by what margin Ron P won in the
previous election?

I'm under the belief that he has a very strong base , being that he has
had this seat for so long.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

I like RP very much but you do bring up a valid point. I think the US is better off electing independent over the two party system. The two party system has done no good for decades. I just don't trust it anymore.

Nobody vote anybody form the 2 party system and you might see a better USA! I like everything RP has been saying but I have this gut feeling that he is the perfect distraction. Both, Red and Blue are tainted and smell foul. They (the elites) have tricked the people non stop election after election and I just don't see a change happening.

Depending on how the next election goes, I think I'm gonna move even further away from the North American continent. Change either happens now or its too late. People have to start recognizing that. This is a now or almost never scenario. Get you country back! Kick the corporate greedy fascist pigs out of government along with all the radical zionist bankers. Bring back capitalism and cast out corporatism. The US is the last hope for mankind and I'm serious when I say this. The US has the greatest constitution in the world and if that goes, the ripple effect will be more like a giant tsunami.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by disfugured]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by EsSeeEye
Because he understands that the two party system of govt in the US isn't going to go away.

So he conforms, while his supporters complain about other "conformist" supporters of the two parties.

His loyalties lie closest to the conservative "small government" platform

In a party full of supposed "small government" conservatives.

but he knows if he actually were to run as a libertarian in a libertarian third party, he'd be buried

So he conforms to the two party system for the sake of convenience, while his supporters complain of "conformists" voters for the two parties.

So he stands the highest chance of being elected as a republican than as a third party.

So essentially he'll wear the shameful Republican badge to assure he gains more votes. I'd assume ideals would matter more than convenience, or pandering. Ron Paul doesnt seem to care, but he'd have us believe his any different.

So, go ahead and vote in Ron Paul again. He'll just be another R to the R's and D's. You'd argue his the "different" kind..... but then again what politician isnt claiming that?

SG

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Let's take a look at something ..

Republican - Ideology and Political Positions:

1. Republicans emphasize the role of free markets and individual achievement as the primary factors behind economic prosperity. To this end, they favor laissez-faire economics, fiscal conservatism, and the promotion of personal responsibility over welfare programs.
  2. A leading economic theory advocated by modern Republicans is supply-side economics. Some fiscal policies influenced by this theory were popularly known as "Reaganomics," a term popularized during the Presidential administrations of Ronald Reagan.
  3. This theory holds that reduced income tax rates increase GDP growth and thereby generate the same or more revenue for the government from the smaller tax on the extra growth. This belief is reflected, in part, by the party's long-term advocacy of tax cuts.
  4. Many Republicans consider the income tax system to be inherently inefficient and oppose graduated tax rates, which they believe are unfairly targeted at those who create jobs and wealth. They believe private spending is usually more efficient than government spending. Republicans oppose the estate tax.
  5. The party opposes a government-run single-payer health care system, believing such a system constitutes socialized medicine and is in favor of a personal or employer-based system of insurance, supplemented by Medicare for the elderly and Medicaid, which covers approximately 40% of the poor.
  6. Many current Republicans voice support of "strict constructionism," the judicial philosophy that the Constitution should be interpreted narrowly and as close to the original intent as is practicable rather than a more flexible "living Constitution" model.
  7. Compared with Democrats, many Republicans believe in a more robust version of federalism with greater limitations placed upon federal power and a larger role reserved for the States. Following this view on federalism, Republicans often take a less expansive reading of congressional power under the Commerce Clause.
  8. Some Republicans are skeptical of anthropogenic global warming and question scientific studies on the impact of human activity on climate change, instead asserting that global warming is part of "natural" cyclical phenomenon, or caused by a number of other alternative theories.
  9. Most Republicans support school choice through charter schools and school vouchers for private schools; many have denounced the performance of the public school system and the teachers' unions.
  10. Although the Republican Party has always advocated a strong national defense, historically they disapproved of interventionist foreign policy actions.

I know that with any political party, there are Pros and Cons. However, just about every issue I've outlined here is a constant discussion on ATS and most argue on the same side as Republican Policy.

People want to make the blanket statement that there's no difference between R & D and that it's just more of the same old screw job.

Sometimes, that may seem the case, but the Republican party, for the most part, represents what the majority on this site represent.

Less Federal Government.
Less Taxes.
More Free Market Opportunities.
No Government Health Care.
Adherence to the Constitution
Better Education policies.
Better Domestic Defense
Stop interveneing in Foreign Policy.
A universal right to be free.

Ron Paul is a Republican because he believes in the very same things that most of ATS, including myself, believe in. Instead of arguing about picking some off the wall 3rd party candidate, you should focus on electing candidates, like Ron Paul, that are true Republicans with morals, values, integrity and understand what American Government is suppose to be.

new topics

top topics

join