It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Turning Up For Work: An Ironic Way to Beat TPTB??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
For all you activists out there who want to do something I've come up with a great sollution to take on TPTB Its simple really, don't turn up for work and pay the idea forward.

The idea is that the wheels of commerce eventually come to a grinding halt thereby voicing the discontent of the people.

Yeah, vote Pharaohmoan for President! Or you could just S&F me.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
But what if you work at an honest small business? I mean it is one thing if it is wal-mart or Costco...

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by pharaohmoan
For all you activists out there who want to do something I've come up with a great sollution to take on TPTB Its simple really, don't turn up for work and pay the idea forward.

The idea is that the wheels of commerce eventually come to a grinding halt thereby voicing the discontent of the people.

Yeah, vote Pharaohmoan for President! Or you could just S&F me.

So, who's going to pay for the soap when we need to shower?

Sid Meier, anyone?

If you want to voice your real discontent about being made into a slave, watch the movie "Waking Life". In it, you will find the fool proof method to eliminating the slave oriented individual mind set.

Match, anyone?

no offence, but not showing up for your job is anti-thesis to voicing your discontent. Asking for your paycheque in loonies, and toonies...now that, that'll turn their heads....

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pharaohmoan

Great Idea, I'm gonna stay home from work tomorrow. That'll show 'em.

Oh, wait, I don't have a job thanks to the great job our Federal Reserve did screwing up the economy. Thanks John Maynard Keynes!

Oh well, I'll just stay home tomorrow anyway and pretend I'm sticking it to the man.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
John Galt already had this idea... and it worked!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
i fancy the idea of internationl world day.

No work gets done anywhere!
No news!
No Beer! (must be bought in advance)
No gas! (must be bought in advance)

Nothing but music and festivites.
Home made everything. (food, beer, wine, fruintpunch)
Everyone must get intoxicated. (food, beer, or whatever else kicks your shoes off)

Everyone is welcome!
Everyone must celebrate!
Everyone must have a good time!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I really am going to hate myself for both saying this AND telling you , but I work for TPTB (in a way) I work for the Bank of England, reputed to be part of the PTB network , and I actually enjoy my work sometimes, I don't agree with TPTB's attitude to the people but in the current climate of job losses and uncertainty I don't want to run the risk of leaving a paying job.
Please note I said JOB not CAREER.
I dislike TPTB but unfortunately its not the people who work in their buildings, people like me , regular office bods, its not small business's who would suffer if no one turned up for work, if you want to effect REAL change tell TPTB who rules who and withdraw your money out of your banks .
Withdraw your cash, and do not buy anything for a few weeks, no large TVs , cars, have enough food to last you but do not purchase , pay off your credit cards and your loans. hit them where it hurts. not turning up to work won't work. Sure you could do all and then it would really hammer the message home to TPTB, but what would you really gain?

top topics

join