It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US has to break with its superpower arrogance

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by marsvolta

No. Knowledge is compartmentalized.
I can tell you Bob Lazar was telling the truth about S4.
Just wait 4 years and i'll spill the beans.
It's just technology.

You already spilled the beans so why not tell us what kind of beans they are and what recipe you have for them. Why mention this stuff if you are not even going to attempt to back it up. You might as well have said nothing. Cities in the sky in less than 5 or 4 years depending on which post I read, seems rather thread worthy. If you like, I would start one for you and you can come bring your evidence there.

Or...you can say - sorry for wasting people's time by going off topic with lies.

I'm just trying to give you hope.
I know the economy looks really bad right now BUT i can tell you
we as a nation have a very bright future.
Pop in a DVD of Back to the Future II.
They travel to 2015.
That's pretty close.
Did you notice that kids walk around with their pockets inside out?
That was a big clue.
Were you paying attention?

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Someone336

I can tell you that will never change.
Americans are too strong and wise.
We adapt and grow.
You are missing the big picture.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Oh, we are now?

We adapt and grow.

Which is exactly why this country will not last forever, in it's current state or early "Constitutional" form. If there is one historical constant, it is that government systems, allegiances and empires always crumble with time. Rome fell over a long period of time, but humanity's rapid technological acceleration has sped timed up, so to speak.

Pray tell, what is this big picture? Or are you being intentionally facetious?

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Someone336]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

We adapt and grow.

Are you serious?
So many more countries are doing so much better than us. We are a country so deeep in debt, with a population so deep in debt we need diver masks to see the new 'reality series.' And what we see of the world is so twisted. Heck everything we see is twisted!

We are told we have to be thin, rich, greed, materialistic and stupid, by every media outlet and we fall for it. And the galling thing is most claim it's the Christian thing to do.,

Is our country predicate on greed? Oh how can you doubt it?! In Denmark, people don't lock up their bikes in public places, They can leaves babies outside a store or cafe, never dreaming someone would take them. They pay a lot of taxes, but they never have to worry about getting sick and bankrupting their family, or if they will get treated. IF their kids want to go to college, they never have to worry about how to pay for it. They are the happiest people on earth for I don't know how many years running. They live in a post consumeristic society. Meaning, yeah they can buy what they want, but they aren't driven by the need to own things. It is a mental state for the most part.

So why are we in such a damn mess? One word....MEDIA! we are told 24/7 how thin, rich, shallow, stupid, and greedy we have to be and we all buy it to one degree or another. We spend money and beg to be brainwashed.

We aren't people anymore, we aren't even citizens. We are only consumers. A Robotic race that works and lives only to buy. We are kept stupid by sub-standard education systems and constant bombardment of keeping us working for meaningless goals. We are slaves who beg and plead for the chains.

Here is how far behind we are.

And who is pulling all the strings? Big business. They buy our politicians, control what we watch and listen to, run our whole lives and most are too dumb or blind to see it.

No Christ would not approve of the US at all today. But the biggest idiocy is that they have people convinced this IS how Christ wants it. they actually have a war cry of sorts claiming this is the Christian way.

Ridiculous. We will be scorned worse than Roman at it's most decadent. We have gladiators and death matches, fake or real, dozens of people die every night on TV. Criminal minds for example; Do you know why Mandy Patankin left? Be cause living with that kind of evil theme day in and day out was destroying his soul. He says he doesn't know how people go home to relax to that sort of thing. It's horrid.

We are not greater than any other nation anymore. We might have been a superpower, but we fell quicker than Rome thanks to CEO and popular greed.

Wake up and smell the outhouse. Some places in larger cities in the US ARE third world.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MadameGuillotine

There was a great interview on CNBC with Warren Buffet and
Bill Gates. Bill Gates answered a question with " The world is
looking to the USA for growth and direction."
-----------------------------------------------------------------
The Chinese are kind of pissed off at us.
They know we have the great technology and that we are just
sitting on it.
They are right.
We sit on it because it is dual use technology.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
You keep going on about mysterious technology. What is it?
Bill gates should have no complaints, he's one of the richest bast ards in the US, that there are some really immoral bastards here.

Why does this mysterious technology that no one knows about give us the right to act like the biggest bully on the block?

We used to be the biggest bully, but we are weak now. Intellectually, morally, and even physically. It's time to build bridges, and quit burning them.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

reply to post by buni11687

The USA is an economic and military superpower.
That will never change.
We have technology that is 50 years ahead of what you see today.

Never say never oh Roman/Greek/ Mayan etc

I was in the U.S. Navy for 10 years.

I didn't know deckhands had access to sensitive information....or do you just have an overactive and hopeful imagination?

We adapt and grow.

Not from where I am sitting. They don't appear 'too strong' nor very 'wise' in general.

In fact...the 'too strong and wise' comment smacks of the arrogance that should be relieved. Remember: "Pride comes before a fall"

[edit on 12-1-2010 by aorAki]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

There was a great interview on CNBC with Warren Buffet and
Bill Gates. Bill Gates answered a question with " The world is
looking to the USA for growth and direction."

Yeah, sorry if I'm not going to believe two of the largest arch-capitalists in history. Bill Gates being one of the driving forces in turning the populace to consumers first and citizens second, and Warren Buffet with his 10% holdings of Goldman Sachs and rampant wealth.

If America collapsed today, it would be no sweat off these guy's backs.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

What's wrong with Bill Gates?
Have you heard about his Foundation?
It's so great that Warren Buffet pours money into it.
-------------------------------------------------------------
The technology i'm talking about will allow us to travel
to the asteroid belt out past Mars and mine the asteroid belt.
Jobs...Jobs...Jobs!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Well looks like his publicists work really well for you.

All the media is pouring ideas of stupidity and shallowness into the American public. Starting a charity or other helping hand thing is the latest attempt to save face and redirect your interest away from all they are taking you for and at such high interest rates, too.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
None of this is new. It's been going on my whole life at least.
You only have to watch the first few seconds to get the idea they are shoving.
If you want a real trip look up the whole movie. Corny as Kansas, but the message might even reach you.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MadameGuillotine

Check out all the great things Bill Gates is doing.
Gates Foundation

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Wow, that is impressive. Good for ol' Bill.

It really does not change the fact that America acts too arrogant when dealing with other nations.

Or the fact our financial, education, moral, and many other systems are going down hill so fast it feels like a roller coaster.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadameGuillotine
Wow, that is impressive. Good for ol' Bill.

It really does not change the fact that America acts too arrogant when dealing with other nations.

Or the fact our financial, education, moral, and many other systems are going down hill so fast it feels like a roller coaster.

I grade on a curve.
Financial - JP Morgan Chase is in great shape. They better be. Dow 30 Component ---Wells Fargo is still making $$$ Billions. Goldman Sachs...
you get the idea.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Education - We have a pretty good educational system at
Harvard - MIT - Princeton - Yale - Stanford - UCLA...
you get the idea.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Morally, the USA gives away more money than any other nation
on Earth.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Financial - JP Morgan Chase is in great shape. They better be. Dow 30 Component ---Wells Fargo is still making $$$ Billions. Goldman Sachs...

Oh, cool. J.P. Morgan, one of the financial pillars behind the Federal Reserve, not to mention their role in the creation of the Bank for International Settlement (you know, the one that was essential for the rise to power of the Nazi party), and we also can't forget that the company's executives also vigorously promoted the Bolshevik revolution...

Wells Fargo? The one that is currently being sued because of their alleged targeting of "people of color" for high cost loans, that won't accept IOUs from California, that got $25 billion U.S. tax dollars in the bailouts, that helped finance the creation of the Carlyle Group, that has been been sued by NASD for "abusive fund sale practices"... the list goes on.

Goldman Sachs? Don't even get me started! Moral indeed, I guess patriotism and the American Way is to stand idly by when mega corporations rape and pillage the pockets of American citizens and gallivant around the world wrecking havoc for the highest bidder.

on Earth.

Yeah, to companies who design bombs to drop on people.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

--------------------------------------------------------------------
on Earth.

www.boston.com... articles/2004/12/31/global_analysts_dispute_perceived_us_generosity/

www.commondreams.org...

In per capita terms, U.S. development assistance is near the bottom of the heap, averaging roughly 13 cents a day--or under $50 a year--for each of its roughly 280 million citizens.

www.nationmaster.com... my-commitment-to-foreign-aid

Morally?
Whose morals?
More money? Not by per capita.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Well, at least i have educated you about the good heart that Bill Gates and
his wife have.
The USA is a great nation.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Well, at least i have educated you about the good heart that Bill Gates and
his wife have.
The USA is a great nation.

How do you keep the sand out of your nose and eyes?

USA WAS a great nation, no matter how good one billionaire is.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Im sick an tired 0f people complaing that america shouldnt be a superpower and what not. The united nations is a peace keeping body right? Well guess who makes up most of its personel, yea thats right boys and girls america. You all should be lucky that the world has a superpower like us. If all nations were equal it would be chaos, it is because of america that the world in going towards peace. Be thankful that the american superpower does want peace. We could have easily been tyrants taking over the world. But no instead we are letting american men and women go to other countries to save your ass's because you all cant seem to do it yourself. Consider yourself lucky there is an america, because with out it guess what the world would be like. Nazi germany would have won the war, sorry to all the britts and french out there but its the truth, you all did a good job but would have lost eventualy. And its because of our nukes that we invented that peace is here today. It may be a peace of scared countries not attacking for fear of nukes but atleast it is peace.And when a dictator sends people to a stadium and gass's thousands, we could have easily let that country die and rot under his rule. But no, america took it into its own hands and helped out. You all want america to be islolationists again fine, but i garuntee you the world will be crying to get her back.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

reply to post by buni11687

The USA is an economic and military superpower.
That will never change.
We have technology that is 50 years ahead of what you see today.

Military yes for now, it won't take long for China to catch up once they are the major economic power house that they are.
Economic power, just. China and India are the next major super powers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join