It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Reserve Seeks to Protect U.S. Bailout Secrets

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

www.bloomberg.com

The Federal Reserve asked a U.S. appeals court to block a ruling that for the first time would force the central bank to reveal secret identities of financial firms that might have collapsed without the largest government bailout in U.S. history.

The U.S. Court of Appeals in Manhattan will decide whether the Fed must release records of the unprecedented $2 trillion U.S. loan program launched after the 2008 collapse of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. In August, a federal judge ordered that the
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
These guys suck man!!!!!!

Oh you are going to ruin the economy if we let you know where over 2Trillion dollars went.

This is mobster talk, this is mobsterism.

This is not economic market stability, this is wanting to continue secrecy!!!!

DISGUSTINGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

Ron Paul's Response!

Someone pull a citizen arrest on Bernanke NOWWW!!!
These are war criminals, yes WAR
because what do you think FIAT subsidizes the most?

www.bloomberg.com

[edit on 11-1-2010 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I had to comment on this recent revelation concerning the Fed! Why are they concealing information about the bailout? If we have to pay for something, don't we have the right to know were our money is going and why? Shouldn't the nefarious activities of these corporations be made public, so that mistakes are rectified.

Plus, it gives the shareholders an opportunity to get out of a particular company if they are unsure about their business practices or overall financial solvency. This is not like auditing the Fed, but only requesting information to see what companies received what, how much, and why? It is ridiculous all this secrecy surrounding one of the biggest heists in human history! It is slowly shaping up to appear that way with all the cloak and dagger tactics by the key players?

[edit on 11-1-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Okay, everyone is going to have to quit posting so much good info. I am getting info overload.

Some of the links I have followed are pretty good on the outlook on opening up the corruption.

That being said they have all kinds of ways of shutting down these investigations. Plus, the time it takes these courts to make decisions and even if they do an investigation, they may not release the info.

Anyway, keep the info flowing, my brain has not blown up yet.

Oh yeah, S&F

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
ONLY IN THE LAND OF THE FREE , IS SO MUCH SECRET

thats all folks

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Well, ther ya have it folks..the system is corrupt and NOT for you and me, we are only here kinda like livestock* to make them as wlathy as possible. stop spending money, only on necesitys* their lying and hiding as much as they can..it should be made public, especially since its OUR money* thier steeling and buying personal things with..

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
FED=PONZI SCHEME steal from us and give to themselves. god do i hope it all caves in.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Dang it, hell just froze over because I agree with you. Nice find and star and flag from me.

This is very much like the mob and its not ok. Sadly it will probably get blocked though.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

www.bloomberg.com

The Federal Reserve asked a U.S. appeals court to block a ruling that for the first time would force the central bank to reveal secret identities of financial firms that might have collapsed without the largest government bailout in U.S. history.

The U.S. Court of Appeals in Manhattan will decide whether the Fed must release records of the unprecedented $2 trillion U.S. loan program launched after the 2008 collapse of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. In August, a federal judge ordered that the

They want it blocked because it would show not only that it went to major banks in the US but also other banks across the world. Then the people and politicians would say, what a minute you can bailout a bank in New Zealand at 100 cents on the dollar but you couldn't do that to the local banks that are going under or even housing in the US. Two things happened. One, international banks that where holding a bunch of our paper suddenly saw that we where kaput. They wanted their money or they would take legal actions through the US and world court and that would open up our "opaque" markets (for a free country we aren't allowed to see how our banking system works) and people would finally see how much of a ponzi scheme it is, so that couldn't happen. Two, they don't want the data shown because if we see Goldman being a big taker of these funds and other big banks, then it would be very very easy to tell how well they have been doing these past two years. If they said they made a profit of 2 billion dollars this quarter but yet have outstanding 38 billion or more in emergency loans, they didn't make a profit this quarter or last or even the next 4 to 6 quarters, their still in the red.

Then investors would leave to a stronger bank and these big banks can't have that because it's a racket with the govt. The fear that the insiders secret to their success will be outed by the outsiders as being a ponzi is making the Fed fight tooth and nail to not show this data. And I would like to know if they care so much about the investors, why block this. If these companies are strong they will live, if not they will die simple as that. It's only simple if you don't take into account that these powerful banks are connected to the govt. and with it have so much junk that is false that it would destroy our economic system in this country if it becomes known.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Oh goody. more people are finally starting to awaken from their deep slumber and have actually decided to pay attention to the man behind the curtain!

Soon enough I will have the total collapse that I have been praying for and we will all finally be FREE! Free from indentured servitude, financial slavery and from being chattel of the corporations. In my opinion, there is no event in the course of human history that will prove quite as liberating to the human race. This event, the total systemic collapse of the fiat money markets and rackets, will go down in history as mankinds independence day!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The mob was the word i was gunna use. Makes ya wonder, IF the mob had ties to JFK assination, empolyeed by federal us government. im ean look how its acting, just like the mob* they had to have learned it from somewhere at somepoint in time.
the hopeful day the fed falls in ruins, i will billpartying my arse off!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Hello,
I ain't too keen when puting my thoughts down as I mean for them to be interpretted...So here goes;
This turd will be splatted into the fan, in a flag operation, or false flag operation...So to let the cat outta the bag so to enable justification as to declaring Martial Law. Every tax payer is going to see the light what the fraudulent fed has been enlisted to do since it's conception...
I been thinking on a spiritual level lately that our federal government somewhere down the line sold it's soul to the devil, that it's our gov. that is the anti-christ...Did I fail to mention how vaguely this idea is conceived within my little mind?
So to further take you on this trip...The recovery of downed ET vehicles which in the spirit of Lucifer have been cast to Earth to be the deceivers of men, for a short time...The tribulation of seven years, leading to the awakening, or the ascending of Christ's redeemed. Oh, I give up. All I can really do is watch the time, and pay close attention to the events...As I find them on this living website! Thank you ATS, and your flock, of which I am a proud member!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy
Hello,
I ain't too keen when puting my thoughts down as I mean for them to be interpretted...So here goes;
This turd will be splatted into the fan, in a flag operation, or false flag operation...So to let the cat outta the bag so to enable justification as to declaring Martial Law. Every tax payer is going to see the light what the fraudulent fed has been enlisted to do since it's conception...

But here's the rub, every country has a central fractional bank doing exactly the same thing as the Fed. So, if the cat's out of the bag in the US, it's out of the bag everywhere. If they declare martial law in the US, within a matter of days, they'll have to do the same in every country. People will naturally start making comparisons between their banking system and the US banking system and say, WTF?

How will they restrain 6.5 billion people? It should be interesting to see what happens ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Once people realize that the Fed just prints money, the same money that we the people have to work and sweat for, people will start wondering why they have to pay taxes if the government could just print up all the necessary money for themselves.

Once people stop paying taxes (whats the point when its all just printed anyways) then the government loses all power and the economic system loses all credibility.

I can only hope.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
But it's a arm of the Federal Government right?....

Oh yeah, I forgot, it's no more Federal than US Bank or Bank of America... It's just a private bank.

Why are we giving trillions to a private bank?

With No oversite?

And paying them to print money we repay at interest?

When we could be printing our own money for free?

And isn't that Congress' job according to the Constitution?

Didn't we fight some trifling war for independence from Taxation without Representation... i.e. to get away from being forced to buy our currency from the British banks?

Do we still have a Constitution left? Seems pretty shredded now a days...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I posted a thread recently with the names of the Congressmen that have stood with Ron Paul and not voted for the bailouts. There were only 17 total including Ron Paul, not many but hopefully enough to get something going from the inside.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, it is nothing short of criminal. What are they trying to hide? Who are they trying to protect? This is visable. What else is there just under the surface?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
10 bucks says half of the firms that were bailed out were Israeli. America loves those Israelis.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
If the FED is causing destructive financial bubbles, then they indeed need to be under the oversight of congress. The FED was created for fiat money fractional reserve purposes. It is supposed to maintain stability, instead it seems it participates in economic interventions. When housing prices started going through the roof, why didn't they cut down on credit. How does high housing prices help the people? Instead they made more credit available thinking it was a good thing.

The FED after it was formed bailed out London banks, shortly thereafter we have a crash. I think recently New Zealand received a loan. Is this the role of our national reserve system?

The question to ask is does the President call up the FED, and ask them to bail out friendly countries? Is that what the FED should be doing?

[edit on 12-1-2010 by A52FWY]

[edit on 12-1-2010 by A52FWY]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
When the government appoints people to oversee the finances, who themselves have come from those financial institutions benefitting most from bailouts and prolonging the big Ponzi scheme that is central banking, then there is no hope.
Hell, even the SEC is so embedded with the bankers that it's a joke!

If one fails or is taken to task over it's policies and actions, then they will all fail. They'd rather crash the global system to try and hide their criminal actions than be subjected to any kind of audit. I'd also not trust the government to appoint from the inside any audit commitee, it should be appointed and staffed from outside the government to make sure it is corruption free.

Waterboard, or threaten to waterboard a couple of the criminals and they'd sing like canaries. After all, enahnced interrogation is acceptable these days isn't it?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Oh goody. more people are finally starting to awaken from their deep slumber and have actually decided to pay attention to the man behind the curtain!

Soon enough I will have the total collapse that I have been praying for and we will all finally be FREE! Free from indentured servitude, financial slavery and from being chattel of the corporations. In my opinion, there is no event in the course of human history that will prove quite as liberating to the human race. This event, the total systemic collapse of the fiat money markets and rackets, will go down in history as mankinds independence day!

You're post triggered off a revelation for me, I've seen the collapse coming for a while now, and just like you I've been awaiting it, waiting for the day when we can all be free. Well I've always felt that it would be defined by a SHTF moment, followed by some troubling times before we actually get back on track. My question now is... Has the SHTF moment already occurred? And are we now going through the dark period leading into the new paradigm?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join