It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'false' pandemic: Drug firms cashed in on scare over swine flu, claims Euro health chief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

The 'false' pandemic: Drug firms cashed in on scare over swine flu, claims Euro health chief

www.blacklistednews.com

The swine flu outbreak was a ‘false pandemic’ driven by drug companies that stood to make billions of pounds from a worldwide scare, a leading health expert has claimed.

Wolfgang Wodarg, head of health at the Council of Europe, accused the makers of flu drugs and vaccines of influencing the World Health Organisation’s decision to declare a pandemic.

This led to the pharmaceutical firms ensuring ‘enormous gains’, while countries, including the UK, ’squandered’ their meagre health budgets
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I think everyone here know this is basically what the drug companies want. To sell as much of there product as they can for as much as they can while it will preferably not make the public any healthier. I am glad some one is coming forward and saying it, although be it in the end I don't know how much of a difference it is really going to make.

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
How reliable is the source you posted?

I say this because if its true this is big, very big! Could this be the begining of the end for the corrupt WHO and their Big Pharma puppeteers.

I have been very vocal about the ties between the WHO and Big Pharma to my friends and family.

Please let it be so! It would make my year already to see these imoral scumbags be brought to Justice! And it would also put a little faith back into my sails.......Maybe we have a chance of beating these Ba*tards after all.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kcfusion

Lots of bits moving around on the chess board at the moment. Interesting times for sure, important thing is not to forget or let things drop.

We as a people have a right to know and should not waste this chance, it is the best we have ever had.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kcfusion

it was taken from www.dailymail.co.uk... and that's a legit source as far as I know.

I've been waiting for this to happen, let's hope that this results in some positive changes

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
More enlightening insight into this scandal: WHO Scientists Corruption Scandals Seem Endemic.

I believe that the bulk of us on these forums already knew this in our hearts. I am happy to see that perhaps this is going a little more mainstream. The bigger the government, the bigger the corruption. There is no government bigger than a global government.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I am just wondering what Wolfgang Wodarg stance was like at the of the outbreak. Now I am thinking the WHO is going out and the EU will want a new order within the UN. It could be part of the plan right from the start.
Who who argue to replace the people at WHO after this corruption.
now I'm just ranting......but maybe something is there...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I don't know how reliable the source is but I do know that they misspelled the word "MEAGER".

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
the daily mail is a decent enough news paper to take a source from

just like everyone has already said , we here on ATS knew this from the beginning .

I just hope now that someone with some backbone in government will sort this out or some sort of enquiry will be held , one that doesnt waste tax payers money !

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RamsOnTop
I don't know how reliable the source is but I do know that they misspelled the word "MEAGER".

Meagre is correct just as theater is also spelled theatre.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
the same as color and colour perhaps ?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

The vaccine is still being pushed in my home state. Even though the news is clearly saying the swing flu cases are on the down side, they are telling everyone to go get their shot now that there is plenty of supply. Even saw this pop up as a message in a movie theatre.

Umm-no thanks.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deny Arrogance

Originally posted by RamsOnTop

Meagre is correct just as theater is also spelled theatre.

I was going to be a smart a.. and point this out. Now I feel like a dumb a..

top topics

join