It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Times Intervews Zecharia Sitchin

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
On the other hand,, some people saw through Sitchin's bafflegarb decades ago. But he's fun to believe, since then you can also believe you're smarter than the smarty-pants experts and that always feels good.

www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Stichen is a FRAUD. He cant even read the bible correctly. A real true expert in ancient languages Michael Heiser has debunked all of his work and called Stichen out several times with no reply.

Michael Heiser confirms that the Sumerian Gods were really that. Gods, The same Gods that were the WATCHERS. The fallen Gods not angels that the bible tells us about.

I am half way through Michael Heiser's book THE FACADE and I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who wants to know what the truth is and what our government is going to do to FOOL YOU, All here on ATS.

The Watchers are here and they are blackmailing our government into giving them permission to live here. Our government thinks they are E.T.s but they are not, They are true evil Gods who will take any form possible to get what they want. They want earth and power over us like they had before.

If you want DISCLOSER then you are asking for HELL.

Don't fall for the lie. GOD WARNED YOU NOT TO FALL FOR IT.

I will be making a huge thread warning ATS when I'm ready.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Michael Heiser has debunked all of his work and called Stichen out several times with no reply.

I am half way through Michael Heiser's book THE FACADE and I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who wants to know what the truth is and what our government is going to do to FOOL YOU, All here on ATS.

Aw man...not another nutjob armed with the truth and a book to sell! Frankly, I'm more concerned about the prospect of a man of letters pushing weird science, than an old man with invisible planets.

The horror...
The horror...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Wow... Sitchin is a fraud, but your brand of crazy just makes so much more sense...
Sorry, but when I see posts like this I can't help but point and

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by The Shrike

And people like you can't even use your brain to realize that the Earth looked NOTHING like it does today. The continents probably were in completely different orientations so how do you know that North America wasn't part of "Africa" at some point. Or maybe "africa" was a completely different part of the world back then.
Nice but your arguments are utter failures.

What you say, aside from your stupid attack on me, is basic knowledge. Since you don't sound like a geologist or earth-wise, it's good you stuck to what you learned in first grade.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Good read i have his Cosmic Code series books. I just have not got around to reading them.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Stichen is a FRAUD. He cant even read the bible correctly. A real true expert in ancient languages Michael Heiser has debunked all of his work and called Stichen out several times with no reply.

Michael Heiser confirms that the Sumerian Gods were really that. Gods, The same Gods that were the WATCHERS. The fallen Gods not angels that the bible tells us about.

The Watchers are here and they are blackmailing our government into giving them permission to live here. Our government thinks they are E.T.s but they are not, They are true evil Gods who will take any form possible to get what they want. They want earth and power over us like they had before.

If you want DISCLOSER then you are asking for HELL.

Don't fall for the lie. GOD WARNED YOU NOT TO FALL FOR IT.

I will be making a huge thread warning ATS when I'm ready.

You don't seem to be in a position, mentally, to say anyone else is a fraud. Or, don't throw stones in glass houses.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese
He sure does have alot of people thinking. Also check out Lloyde Pye, he's a follower of stitchen and has is own unique spin on this. Actually he explains the Human Hominid and others on this planet so well that you actually start to wonder about if we are truly supposed to be residing on this planet or not. I don't believe in Niburu, but who knows that could be a name of some other place or time. Pye did a 2 hour presentation on earth hominids and how we don't fit. You can find it on youtube by searching his name.

www.lloydpye.com...

Way ahead of you, buddy
[check sig]

Also, Erik von Daniken and Georgio Tsoukalos

And, a very recent interest of mine (thanks to Serbsta): "Hidden History of the Human Race" by Michael Cremo

[edit on 1/13/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Zecharia Sitchin's "translations" are not even close to correct.

IMO his book should be called the 17th+ planet and he needs to find a new cylinder to "translate" to match (Io, Ganymede, Titan,Callisto, Eris etc.)

It is a star constellation ... not 11 planets around a sun.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by nophun

In comparison to who's other translation??

[edit on 2-9-2010 by rajaten]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
First thing that came to my mind was,

Why is the NY Times running a story on Sitchen?

What's THEIR angle???

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cybernet
hey, atleast it's getting into the MSM, that's the most important part !

I heard that! Quote from the NY Times site:

“This is in the texts; I’m not making it up,” Mr. Sitchin said...

source

Why do people have such a difficult time with this story? One person even told me the Ancient Sumerians were writing fiction stories for the people of the time. Yeah, right. They wrote down their History, and we should probably should listen to it. The story would certainly exp[lain a great many unexplained things, like the Deluge, Angels, Flying craft such as the "flaming chariots" described in the Bible.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
reply to post by nophun

In comparison to who's other translation??

Anyone's at all, since Sitchin has never published any translation, nor has he ever claimed he could read cuneiform.

Harte

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

For example??

Do you have links to verify that?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Well, a lot of folks believe in the Ancient Astronaut theory and to be honest, its a just as good theory as anything else really.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I am not saying Sitchin is right or wrong.

But I do believe there are people who can tap into something and see what others don't see.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

How could academics possibly translate anything about UFOs or ETs in ancient texts into those words in English without having their very jobs brought into serious consideration?

I have seen the conventional meanings of a lot of these words and there is very little difference to begin with. For example the accepted meaning of "Anunnaki" is "those who came from Heaven to Earth." You think if it is really referring to ETs then someone would have translated it "ETs" or "aliens" even though those literal definitions don't match in the first place? Get real. They translated the words exactly like they would have even if they were referring to ETs.

And who here thinks their apparel was sexier than wearing a full-body burqa?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
reply to post by Harte

For example??

Do you have links to verify that?

What sort of links?

A link to a translation he didn't publish?

A link to a claim he never made?

Harte

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AquariusDescending
reply to post by Harte

How could academics possibly translate anything about UFOs or ETs in ancient texts into those words in English without having their very jobs brought into serious consideration?

You've not read the Ramayana?

I have seen the conventional meanings of a lot of these words and there is very little difference to begin with. For example the accepted meaning of "Anunnaki" is "those who came from Heaven to Earth."

In fact, that is not the "accepted meaning" at all.

That is the meaning Sitchin made up so he could remove some money from the wallets of persons such as yourself.

The Anunna gods didn't come from the sky at all.

In fact, none of their gods "came from the sky," though one of their gods actually was the sky.

The Sumerians worshipped An as the full time god, equivalent to 'heaven'—indeed, the word 'an' in Sumerian means 'sky.' His consort Ki, means 'Earth'. Collectively the gods were known as Anunna ((d)an-unna = 'offspring of the lord').

Source
In the above quote, "the Lord" is An, the sky, or sky god.

Note his wife's name - "Ki."

Given An, Ki, and unna (in the above you are told this means "offspring of,") one can see the origin of the term Anunnaki. Offspring of An (the sky) and Ki (the Earth.)

Anunnaki is a Babylonian term. It is the Babylonian word for the Sumerian "Anunna."

You think if it is really referring to ETs then someone would have translated it "ETs" or "aliens" even though those literal definitions don't match in the first place? Get real. They translated the words exactly like they would have even if they were referring to ETs.

You can't even find that bunch of flapdoodle in Sitchin's ravings.

Harte

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

I have seen the conventional meanings of a lot of these words and there is very little difference to begin with. For example the accepted meaning of "Anunnaki" is "those who came from Heaven to Earth."

In fact, that is not the "accepted meaning" at all.

That is the meaning Sitchin made up so he could remove some money from the wallets of persons such as yourself.

The Anunna gods didn't come from the sky at all.

In fact, none of their gods "came from the sky," though one of their gods actually was the sky.

The Sumerians worshipped An as the full time god, equivalent to 'heaven'—indeed, the word 'an' in Sumerian means 'sky.' His consort Ki, means 'Earth'. Collectively the gods were known as Anunna ((d)an-unna = 'offspring of the lord').

Source
In the above quote, "the Lord" is An, the sky, or sky god.

Note his wife's name - "Ki."

Notice something else.

You just claimed that "those who came from Heaven to Earth" wasn't an accepted meaning, and then you proceed to explain how "An" does mean "heaven" (aka "anu") and "ki" does mean "Earth." "Anunnaki" literally means "Heaven and Earth" if you just translate it as a compound word. It obviously had an implied meaning beyond the literal "Heaven and Earth" because "annunaki" itself is defined as a group of beings:

Noun 1. Anunnaki - any of a group of powerful Babylonian earth spirits or genii; servitors of the gods

www.thefreedictionary.com...

So it is accepted that the name "Anunnaki" is referring to a group of beings, and the literal translation for "Anunnaki" as a compound English word is, according to translators, "Heaven and Earth." Beings who are called "Heaven and Earth," who are treated as deities according to scholars.

You think if it is really referring to ETs then someone would have translated it "ETs" or "aliens" even though those literal definitions don't match in the first place? Get real. They translated the words exactly like they would have even if they were referring to ETs.

You can't even find that bunch of flapdoodle in Sitchin's ravings.

Can I request a mature and intelligent response please?

Thank you.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join