It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help with two movies.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I am looking for help with titles to two movies I remember from when I was young but the names have vanished from my head.

The first is about a paper mill poisoning a lake/river with mercury causing animals to start acting very aggressively and strangely. One of the main scenes involves a mother bear (that is very large) looking for her cub/cubs. The mother bear is hairless and if I recall somewhat disfigured. I believe this takes place in Alaska or another northwestern state. It involves natives one of which is the father of one of the main characters who has been drinking the water and has lost feeling in his fingers due to the mercury poisoning.

The other movie involves a journalist/photographer/scientist who makes a trip to somewhere in Africa I believe and ends up drinking some sort of potion. This potion causes a reaction in him causing him to transform into a baboon or some sort of primate. When he goes into the transformation he loses a sense of himself and becomes aggressive and dangerous causing havoc and damage where ever he goes. At the end of the movie the man’s wife/girlfriend who has been trying to help him throughout the movie grabs hold of him during the transformation and saves him keeping him from transforming again.

I have tried the movie site to help a person find a movie but I am not the best at the search on there. I am looking for the titles of these movies and any other information that someone might be able to supply.

Thanks
Raist

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The second one could be "Altered States", not sure though.

First one sounds good but have no idea at all.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
First one is Prophecy

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Sweet.

You are right. I searched the title and sure enough.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
First one is Prophecy

Wow. You guys are fast.

Thanks that is the movie.

I have not seen either in years and was thinking back about movies I would like to see again and these are two of them.

Thanks again.

Raist

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
www.imdb.com...

www.imdb.com...

www.imdb.com...

www.imdb.com...

Here are a few others that I popped up that I wanted to see again.

Raist

new topics

top topics

join