It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAHA Huge bonsues for WallStreet!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
LMAO! What can you do but laugh at the state of US society. People are losing jobs like crazy. We can't afford healthcare, our infrastructure is crumbling and the wars in Iraq and Afghinstan are bankrupting our country and what happens..........WallStreet gets record bonsues of 8 FIGURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This begs the question.

What is the money really worth if you are the only one that has any?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Just because some people are losing their homes and jobs and we are at war and bridges are falling down does not mean that other people should not be making vast sums of money. That could feed entire cities. That is the perfection and beauty of capitalism, Darwinian economics.

What is wrong about this scenario however is that many of these parasites should be out of jobs but got bailed out with tax dollars. Completely undermining free markets and ruining the great name of capitalism for a long time to come.

The irony is of course that what happened with the bailouts was as far removed from capitalism as possible.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Desolate Cancer

Well that's your opinion and one I would argue that the Founding Fathers of this country never ever intended. A free market is mos definitely a cornerstone of liberty and freedom. However, vulture capitalism, state corporatism, greed, and economic darwinism are ENTIRELY different economic models. We as Americans have put the almighty dollar before our country, our values, and each other. If that's the type of society you want to live in fine...........just because you have the freedom to make as much money as is humanly possible doesn't mean you should. With freedom in my opinion comes constraint. There comes a time where you as a human being have to step up and say you know what I have enough..........I'm satisfied......it's time others get to enjoy more of this pie. I think we as a people used to be a lot more humble, modest, and frugal.......partly because of our roots but partly because of who we were and the freedom that we enjoyed. Nowadays, the more money you have the more freedom you have. So no wonder everyone is out to attain as much money as possible.

In 1700s America the farmer down the street was as free as the banker up the street in terms of ability to feed his family, own some land, build a house, have free transportation in the form of horses etc. Nowadays, money is the avenue to EVERYTHING........including freedom. Life has never been fair.........but freedom was a lot more equalizing centuries ago than it is nowadays.......

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Talk about, about $90 billion for compensation that would get you one hell of a party!

top topics

join