It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H-Bomb In water Off The Coast Of Georgia-USA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The ocean is a big place with many ports, that's how ships get lost.
A company once shipped out a large item to a Naval station.
These bases can be so large the item was lost for a time.
And the company wanted to get paid for the delivery.

40 years ago off the East Coast sounds like not our bomb, they
were looking for the Nazi bomb.

Also about the same time the 1914 atomic gas generator Tesla
sold the German Navy was discovered still existing in a ship
that was never sent out to the East Coast.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I just think its so convenient that they lost $8billion worth of weapons , destroyers , aircraft carriers , ammo , surface to air missles !

Sounds like the pentagon was selling these off to some country to arm them for some coming battle , hoping to claim it out of the budget !

its just like when a shop owner says he cant account for the loss of some products and claims it out of the insurance , but in reality he has sold them on the side to someone for a profit !

wouldnt surprise me

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Mabey its there in relation to the Georgia guidstones???????

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

A bit off-topic, but I have lived in Georgia for 70% of my life, and I travel the state frequently. But I had never heard of the guidestones.

Interesting query..

How would you relate them, to the subject?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I doubt this is true...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It's not possible for it to go off. Even if it was "live" when dropped, the impact would have disrupted it internally. There are a lot of precision parts in any thermonuke, and the Mark 15 was less robust than many designs. Impact would have broken the explosive charges, for one, and the likelihood that the gas trigger for the explosives would survive (or the wiring, for that matter) is zero, the power source is long since dead for the trigger, and last but not least the tritium in the boost mechanism either escaped due to damage, or if you believe it could hit from a drop and be intact, it's long since decayed to He3.

The only damage you could do at this point would be to scatter some radioactive material around, and it's not that radioactive when you get down to it.

I'll offer up this bit to you - they DO know where it is, exactly. The device is buried in the mud on the bottom about 40 feet deep. There's not much flow to the mud, actually zero as far as they could tell. A study done by the Air Force showed that in order to retrieve the device, you'd have to build a caisson that surrounded the thing and then pump the mud out - it's far too deep and too heavy to simply hoist out. That said, there's no practical way for anyone to reach it to retrieve it surreptitiously, and there's no gain to going mud diving for it. In fact, the worst case scenario was that you'd trigger the primary's damaged explosive charges trying to hoist it, and end up scattering the radioactive bits. Where it is, even if it's ruptured, the mud contains it and prevents it from dispersing. So it's better and cheaper to leave it in place, and just take a peek occasionally to make sure no-one's parked over it.

That said, there's a lot of material in a Mark 15 if you had a way to reach it and some processing capability to refine the casing material another cascade or two.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I remember hearing about this a while back...

Just boggles my mind how the US military, or powers responsible, can somehow manage to lose a multi-million dollar NUCLEAR bomb... Not just any ordinary bomb, but one that has the potential to wipe cities off the map.

Amazing, is that what our tax dollars are paying for?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
There have been MANY lost nuclear weapons.

See list on this page.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

What's interesting is that sucker didn't just fall off of the aircraft. Oh, to be a fly on the bulkhead inside the Jet; "Uh skipper, I think maybe I screwed up. I flipped that special toggle switch. You know, the one that no one is to touch without the special code. But hey, skip, not to worry, because it wasn't armed. Waddaya mean where? I dunno know, a while ago. Say am I going to get in trouble for this?"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join