It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H-Bomb In water Off The Coast Of Georgia-USA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Well, ATS'ers, this is old news to me, but I thought maybe some people would like to hear about it.

This is totally for real. There is an H-bomb, lurking out in the ocean, off the coast of southeast Georgia.

Being a local here in The Garden of Good and Evil: Savannah, this was the subject of much speculation.

"Is it real?" "Will it blow up?"

Well, obviously, it hasnt. I would be typing to you from full-scale fallout, which would make my day a little worse than it is right now.

As of late, it has become a big joke. Here, at the beach, we have bumper stickers that we sell that say " TYBEE BOMB SQUAD". Its easy to be light-hearted when you know youre not going to be blown up. We are fun people.

Hmm.... doesnt anyone else find it a little strange that we just LOST this bad-boy? What about other dangerous weapons? I freak out when I lose my keys, why didnt TPTB freak out about a missing H-Bomb?

The case of the missing H bomb.

Things go missing. It's to be expected. Even at the Pentagon. Last October, the Pentagon's inspector general reported that the military's accountants had misplaced a destroyer, several tanks and armored personnel carriers, hundreds of machine guns, rounds of ammo, grenade launchers and some surface-to-air missiles. In all, nearly $8 billion in weapons were AWOL.
Those anomalies are bad enough. But what's truly chilling is the fact that the Pentagon has lost track of the mother of all weapons, a hydrogen bomb. The thermonuclear weapon, designed to incinerate Moscow, has been sitting somewhere off the coast of Savannah, Georgia for the past 40 years. The Air Force has gone to greater lengths to conceal the mishap than to locate the bomb and secure it.

If you want to read the full story, please click here:Full story

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It's not the only one missing in the Greater North America region. A few more are allegedly missing in other areas as well.

There was a thread discussing this as well some years ago. Been awhile since it was last mentioned though.

Makes one wonder about the threat of foreign or domestic terrorists locating such a device. A "Broken Arrow" could be all they need to create worse case scenario for Sit-X...

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Now where the heck did I put that thermonuclear device, oh here it is.

Can you imagine the conversations around the water cooler?

Well, just because I lost 2 hydrogen bombs does not give them the right to not allow me advancement. If anything, it proves I am just as big a screw up as everyone else in government.

Oh the idiocy of government.

As bad as losing those 2 Trillion dollars Cheney mentioned. Oh well.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Isnt that comforting to know? We lose weapons?

Well we have been told that it "can never be activated" by the lovely folks here at Hunter Army Airforce Base.
But how much does their claim weigh in my hand? Well, I havent even started pooping in the other hand to compare.

But that was my first response when the stated it was "inactive". I said to my friends "What would it take to MAKE it active?"

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I saw the NGC show (or Discovery) about it...they claim to make periodic radiation tests of bottom silt check for leaks from it...it's a crazy story, that bomb is out there somewhere, just sitting there.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
So after 50 years, they can't find it.
Sounds like someone beat them to it.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
A Broken Arrow is when we lose a nuke.

A Rogue Spear is when terrorist have a nuke.

Do not get all worried though. These lost nukes are most likely not operational now. Consider rust and other natural erosive effects. Mechanical devices just do not last very long in the elements, especially if discarded and not maintained.

So, the chances of one of these long lost nukes being a relevant weapon are close to zero. Our mechanical devices just deteriorate and fall apart too quickly.

The only thing to worry about is plutonium as it is dangerous. There could be some contamination perhaps if the radioactive junk seeps out though.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
You just don't lose an H-Bomb without having an agenda.

If you believe otherwhise and you like to think that the gov is simply incompitent then you are a ignorant.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers

If you believe otherwhise and you like to think that the gov is simply incompitent then you are a ignorant.

Dude when you have 40,000 of them spread out all over the whole world, losing one actually becomes inevitable.

It is not incompetent or ignorant, it is a logical reality that is inevitable.

Let's see you keep track of 40,000 things for decades without losing a single one.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
ohhh...that one? No worries, Juliet took care of it already.

I'm sorry...really sorry. I'm in a mood. I'll give myself a time out.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers

So you are saying the government planned the F-86 to hit the B-47? What do you base that on?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
...just, what if all those missing bombs are not "missing"?
What if they are planted?

Maybe all those nukes, H-bombs and who knows what, have been secretly planted on strategic locations?

Some believe they know where these artifacts are... do we really know?

Just my .02 tin cents.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You have heard of a dirty bomb haven't you?

A dirty bomb is a nuclear device that uses the inherent radioactivity to spread this component.

Just because someone might not be able to make the fission happen, does not mean they could not be used to cause widespread disease and radiation poisoning.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Where did you get that number?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by np6888

During the 1960's the USA had over 30,000 nukes.

The Soviets, apparently did not reach 40,000 nukes until the early 1980s.

In 2002, the USA and Russia only had about 10,000 nukes each, roughly.

These are operational or in reserve or awaiting deconstruction.

Granted my information is slightly dated, but it is still very accurate given the governments were truthful in their accounting of their stockpiles.

Check around the internet, there is tons of evidence to support this. Google is your friend.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

A dirty bomb is a nuclear device that uses the inherent radioactivity to spread this component.

Correction.

A dirty bomb is a CONVENTIONAL device that uses radioactive material as a projectile to spread it over an area.

However dirty bombs are extremely ineffective at best.

Simply getting a petri dish with a virus on it and releasing it at a airport would be 1000x more devastating than the best dirty bomb.

There is a reason militaries do not develop "dirty bombs" because they are not actually good weapons, they are not efficient or effective, and they are extremely unpredictable as the results can vary depending on conditions *like wind or weather*.

Hell rather than digging up a long lost defunct nuke, why not just go dig in the ground and get your own uranium and process it yourself? It would be easier and faster that way.

I think the worst effects of a "dirty bomb" would probably be the conventional explosives used in it, rather than the material ejected as projectiles.

Also I want to add that a dirty bomb has a very small blast radius and only affects a small localized area. It simply does not cause "widespread" contamination given it was simply detonated in a populated area.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by muzzleflash]

[edit on 11-1-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
So, just recently didn't a Top Notch fancy new Satellite detect 'underwater cities' in the ocean somewhere that some believe to be atlantis???

If they can see that, they can't locate a metal H-Bomb.....that rates about a 8.6 on my Bull-S#$-o-meter.

We can track a rover on the surface of Mars for 6 yrs, listen to a conversation between two arabs in a hotel room in the outter armpits of Afgan territory via Sattelite and the government can now scan thru my skivies to look for to much baby powder in the crack of my arse when I fly anywhere.

BUT....we can't find a 6ft Arab in the mountains or an H-Bomb in a couple 100 ft of water.....

Somebody slap the #e outta Hillary! (no that won't do any good and she's not resposible she just needs to be slapped)

Next you'll be telling me that they lost a miltary base somewhere in the navada desert......cheese and crackers!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
For pity's sake.

What's even stranger than losing it, is knowing it's there and making no arrangements to retrieve it. How bizarre is that?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
For pity's sake.

What's even stranger than losing it,

why is that strange? You do know why it was lost, dont you?

is knowing it's there and making no arrangements to retrieve it. How bizarre is that?

Not very bizarre at all, they cannot find it in the hundreds of square miles it could be, buried in the silt

top topics

<<   2 >>

join