It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wash. bloodmobile offers beer to blood donors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Wash. bloodmobile offers beer to blood donors

hosted.ap.org< br />

TACOMA, Wash. (AP) -- A Washington state blood center is offering donors a deal: Give a pint of blood, get a pint of beer. Cascade Regional Blood Services in Tacoma says its "Give blood, get beer" promotion has worked so well that it's being expanded.

The News Tribune of Tacoma reported Monday that donors who are at least 21 years old are given a coupon for a free pint of beer.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Will give a pint of beer for a pint of blood... Wait... What?

This is unbelievable... Wouldn't money be better? Help me pay my bills would be a hell of a lot better than than a pint of beer.

I'm surprised this isn't all over the news.

Now... how much blood do you have to give in order to get a keg? Haha

hosted.ap.org< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
You know this reminds me of the frat I joined in college. We raised money for our activities by having car washes. We always had them after a party to replenish our coffers.

We would bring the leftover beer to the carwash and giveaway free beer. We would also do it all by donations only. We would make up signs that had free beer and car-wash by donations only on one side and the other just car-wash (in case the po po would drive by). We use to make $100's everytime.

Thinking back on it now, may not have been the smartest times in my history.

This would cause a problem in Wisconsin.

Worker-roll up your sleeve please.

Wisconite-6 pints please.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Haha wow.
Too bad I'm not 21, I live in Tacoma...
Seems like a good trade though lol

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Hey alcohol effects the blood...

Someone explain whether or not this actually helps us rebuild our blood supplies!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
What no crack too.? C'mon these people are either extremely stupid or want to kill off a few people. This combination of blood loss and alcohol can be dangerous in the wrong individual. Of course maybe they count on this. well atleast they don't give it to them right then and there.

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Actually giving blood is very helpful to your body. I use to know the reason but now it evades me.

Something to do with forcing the bones to create new red blood cells or something.

No, I will not pull that foot out of my mouth.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This kinda brought me back.
Some twenty years ago, I was a broke eighteen year old, and my friends and I would go to donate plasma for some spare cash.

The plasma center was right next to a liquor store, go figure.

We would always save a couple of bucks to buy a pint prior to donating.
We were always in and out of the center in record time, as the beer helped the process.

When we were done donating, it was right back to the liquor store, and then down the street for a burger.

Good times. Good times.

P.S. I know this wasn't decent behavior, and I would never think of doing the same now-a-days, so cut a dumb young man some slack, please!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

Used to do the same thing. Hell, you weren't in the Navy with me in San Diego at that time were you?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Well that all right for you guys - over here you don't get a bean... It used to be you got a cup of tea and a biscuit - not even that any more, and certainly no money!!

And what makes it even worse is that the blood supply people were sold off and is now a private business - so they make money selling the blood to the NHS

top topics

join