It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knives?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
My personal blade is Japanese steel, but some people aren't too picky.

I dislike Frost because they use chinese steel exclusively if I'm not mistaken. I'm pretty amazed nobody has mentioned SOG. They are expensive, but durable, innovative, stylish, and they'll engrave them for you too. They make a number of superior military knives, and a few nice reproductions too. My personal favorite SOG is the Recondo X-42. The tip has awesome penetrating strength, and the steel is very rigid. Their desert daggers are nice too, but highly illegal in most states because it's too easy to reach the heart through the ribs or the brain through the chin because the knives are so long. It's a shame we're reduced to peasants wielding farm implements, oh wait, we have no farm implements, only remote controls and diet fad books. heh

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Heres my knife

Its a custom Kurkri

[edit on 29-1-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
a copper bladed bayonet
u can lick the blood off and NOT get aids

B*U*L*L
Somebody who does not know better is gonna read this and try it. Thank you for your AIDS awareness public service message.

[edit on 1-30-2005 by groingrinder]

Mod Edit: Please don't try to circumvent the censors with "crafty" spelling.

[edit on 11-2-2005 by dbates]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I have a Gerber Slidelock with interchangable blades (wish it was still made) my personal favorite i carry everywhere except to bed and the shower (or on a plane thanks to our parinoid airlines-but they don't mind a handfull of sharpend #2 pencils which i am getting very good with
)

The slidelock is super slim- super light weight and still a significant sized knife with excellent ergo and toughness. i totally stay away from ANYTHING with a split liner- all those knives can be considered trash when it comes to real survial or combat.

best fixed blad knife for the price (some very expensive knives listed here) is the sudio bowie style Buck made Night hawk. Can't seem to find these around anymore either.

Best multitool i have used is the Geber version with the slidelocks to lock open the blades. beats the heck out of Leatherman or Sog multitools.

outside of highschool i used to have a handmade cutlery and did many, many sweet knives but it is just not cost effective to pay someone to make one for you and picking the right steel and getting it heat treated is beyond most folks even if they have the skill at grinding a decent blade.

for sharpening i have tried numerous things the best is the Jurinitch (SP) sharpener with Diamond hones- and they come in plenty of different grits from basic sharpening to super fine.

SKD

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   

I'm working on this at the moment, I intend it to be a small camp knife (just for odd cutting chores, preparing meals and #).

I'd collect knives, but they get too expensive.

[edit on 11-2-2005 by SKD]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   

bladematerial: 440A (DIN 1.4110)
textile parts: Polyester
plastic parts: 30-35 % GFK (fibreoptics strengthened Polyamid)
total weight: approx. 550g
weight of the knife: approx. 320g

Functions
* Ergonomic handhold
* Tantoblade with particular shaft cut
* pane-wrecker on the handhold-end
* ribbon eye
* chequered thumb plating

its the standard knife of the german armed forces

its called KM2000 (Kampf Messer 2000 (fighting knife 2000))

[edit on 11-2-2005 by Wodan]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Tsunami

Specifications:
Manufacturer: SOG
Blade 6" x .160"
Overall Length 10.6"
Weight 6.9 oz.
Steel AUS 6 Powder Coated Stainless
Rc. 56-57
Handle Kraton
Sheath Kydex

Mini Tac

Specifications:
Manufacturer: Cold Steel
Weight: 2.2oz.
Blade: 4"
Handle: 3 1/2"
Overall: 7 1/2"
Thick: 1.5mm
Steel: AUS 6A

This is the next knife im gonna get. It's a Strider knive Model MK-1A and costs about 400$

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I use a cold steel trail master, carbon V in the closet...
usually I carry the peacekeeper II....

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Man look at this beauty!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Expertly knapped obsidian knife- sharper than steel. Of course, the down side is that obsidian breaks like glass (because, essentially, that's what it is)
By the way, I saw somewhere (I forget where) that Isreali special forces use plastic combat knives. Does anyone know how those perform?

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Originally posted by devilwasp
a copper bladed bayonet
u can lick the blood off and NOT get aids

B*U*L*L
Somebody who does not know better is gonna read this and try it. Thank you for your AIDS awareness public service message.

[edit on 1-30-2005 by groingrinder]

Mod Edit: Please don't try to circumvent the censors with "crafty" spelling.

[edit on 11-2-2005 by dbates]

its their own fault for not knowing better.

as much as i would like to stay and discuss knives with a bunch of rowdy Rednecks i have to attend a poetry festival

only joking folks ur not Rednecks.....unless of corse you are.....

anyways gimme a hunk of Japanese Steel and im dangerous

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biegacz
Expertly knapped obsidian knife- sharper than steel. Of course, the down side is that obsidian breaks like glass (because, essentially, that's what it is)
By the way, I saw somewhere (I forget where) that Isreali special forces use plastic combat knives. Does anyone know how those perform?

They are sharp. They can very much puncture human skin. Used for any other surface and it wouldn't hold its edge, naturally. So they are strictly combat knives. Their main purpose is to go undetected (think metal detetctors at airports for example).

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Damn those crazy Jews! Look at their new evil weapon.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

Damn those crazy Jews! Look at their new evil weapon.

Not sure what you meant by that? But if it was in response to my post I wasn't suggesting anything racist.

Here is a pic of a plastic knife that could very much kill someone. Although it's not the Israeli one that was mentioned.

[edit on 082828p://19u29 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
ontario knives arewhat i carry. dependable, affordable, and will stand up to the most adverse PRACTICAL situations.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I have many knives, I'm a collector. The first one I call a CHICOM Kurkri, but is really a Junglefighter survivor knife, it's all black with green cord wrap.

The one I carry is a Sheffield folder clip knife, with the thumb lug for easy access. I have a Kershaw Black Horse II on my camelbak, good deer camp knife. Also a pen knife, hehehe. Then there is my Ontario Air Force survival knife, I rigged it into my rappeling harness, but can still wear it on a belt. Then there is a Celtic replica war knife of Epona I have, is functional and zoomorphic, I have a sickle I bought off of Blessedbees website, hand forged blued steel, one of a kind, I know not really a knife, but it is wicked, I wrapped leather on the grip you can see it on my web page. Last one is one of those hollow handled survival knives, with the stuff inside, well after loosing the end cap and the guts, I decided to make a spear out of it, so I guess that isn't a knife anymore. I'll get them all next to each other and post a pic some time. I would have a few swords but I'm very picky, they must be exacting and functional.

Well there you have it, not a lot for a collector, I know people who make mine look feeble. But I am selective. The one I really really want, the one that makes me feel like a little kid on Christmas is the National Geographic carabiner! Oh man....wheres that drooling smilie face at when you need one?

[edit on 9-3-2005 by ADVISOR]

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join