It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China says missile defense system test successful

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Yahoo News

BEIJING – China announced that its military intercepted a missile in mid-flight Monday in a test of new technology that comes amid heightened tensions over Taiwan and increased willingness by the Asian giant to show off its advanced military capabilities.

"The test has achieved the expected objective," the three-sentence report said. "The test is defensive in nature and is not targeted at any country."

Monday's report follows repeated complaints in recent days by Beijing over the sale by the U.S. of weaponry to Taiwan, including PAC-3 air defense missiles. These sales are driven by threats from China to use force to bring the island under its control, backed up by an estimated 1,300 Chinese ballistic missiles positioned along the Taiwan Strait.

I always thought China already had this kind of technology. I guess they didnt. I wonder if any other country like the US is going to come in and start talking down to them saying stuff like "not peaceful", or "thats bad". I could easily see the US doing that but we just have to wait and see. The article mentions "heightened tensions with Taiwan", but I havent heard of anything like that lately in the news. I thought that was over years ago. I dont see any conflict between them anytime soon hopefully.

join