It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A forgetfulness epidemic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I'm just curious how many of you are experiencing an increase in forgetfulness. Now I'm not talking about loss of ability to Learn, but a general forgetfulness. Waking up in the morning and looking all over the house for your keys to find them still in the front door when you leave kind of thing.
I always attributed my forgetfulness to potsmoking, but I only did that heavily 1 or 2 years at the age of 18, and I'm 21 now and haven't touched the stuff since. How about you?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Thank heavens someone else is noticing this!

I've been forgetting words. For example, I'll be talking to someone and suddenly forget the word I want to use.

This wouldn't be so alarming if the word I forgot was something unusual. But I'm forgetting very common words.

I do know its a medical term, aphasia I believe. But its a big deal for me, since I'm a writer and I read constantly. I guess a similar comparison would be for a mathematician to forget the names of numbers.

Also, lots of folks in my family are accussing each other of having Alzheimers. Possible, I suppose, but since we're all in our mid-30s, it seems rather premature.

Just saw another thread that reminded me of this one. I think its titled "are people around you befuddled" or something. vEry similar post.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

WOW, I could have written exactly that post to describe me ... even down to the writer bit ... hang-on ... you're not me are you ?
Please tell me I didn't start a second ATS account cause I forgot I had this one !!!

Seriously ... this is a problem for me big time ... more so in the last 12mths ... and yet ask me about things I did/said 10 yrs ago (even in pastlives) and I have total recall ... just seems to be short-term memory thats effected ... even to the point of being half way through a sentance and forgetting what I was abou...

You get the point Im sure.

Woody

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I do not know. I mean yeah we all forget some things.

But by which gauge or measure do you determine if you are "more or less forgetful" than normally?

On which scale can we even determine such a thing, even if it were true?

Also, if it is true that we are all becoming very forgetful, than how are we going to even remember this discussion?

Look on the bright side, you still remember that you forgot where you put your keys that day.

See? You can still remember things.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Add me to the list. It probably has more to do with the oxycontin than anything although my forgetfullness is only a recent and I;ve been on them for 2 years. MB it's something in the water?
What was I going to say here?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This is mainly the result of fluoride poisoning. The two main vectors are dental care products and services and the public water system. Cut these out and your memory will return to it's normal reliability.

And yes, I have done this myself so I speak out of personal experience. The world elite does not want a population with good memory recall, because it's half way to an awaken population that knows who the parasites are and how to get rid of them.

Purify your body, free your mind.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Besides finding ways to eradicate flouride, aspertame, and vaccines (which I recommend for everyone), I have found that these two solutions work for me:

1. Ginseng drinks and ginseng in general. (I drink Monsters) If you can get through the second can, you're good, and you'll notice much more clarity in general.

2. Stop watching television news and anything with commercials, as these are all designed to place memory into the subconscious while changing topic as often as possible. It's all crap we need to boycott anyway.

I'm not saying you'll get all of your faculties back, but you'll be amazed at how many you retain and regain.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
can anyone recommend a good water distiller for a decent price, and what do you brush your teeth with if you dont use toothepaste?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sgrrsh26

I drink mineral water, which I drive out and bottle myself. As for the toothpastes there are a few types, not many though, that don't have fluoride.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

PLAX, the plaque removing mouth rinse is flouride free. Could be all kinds of other fun stuff in it though. For about a year now I've been using hydrogen peroxide, the regular OTC kind. I pour it on the toothbrush, brush, then follow with PLAX and all my coffee and nicotine stains are gone. It's a good whitener as well

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by HIPPIEHANGOVER

That's handy to know ... and I'm thinking that (at least in my case) it's flouride related ... somedays you can run the coldwater tap and it smells really strong.

Woody

Edit to add ... welcome to ATS.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by woodwytch]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
My mind is easily distracted and I forget a lot of things...
1.Cats wanted to go out into the garage to play.When I couldn't find them,
then I remembered they were in the garage.
2.I was supposed to reschedule a Dr.'s appointment for my husband and
I forgot.
3.I forgot to pay a credit card bill that was due 5 days ago.
4.I forget what my husband wants for dinner sometimes.
5.I have forgotten the laundry in the washer and had to rewash it.
6.Misplaced car keys a time or two.
7.Lost cell phone somewhere in the house and had to call it to find it.
8.I forget what I was suppose to get at the grocery store and buy everything else.
9.I forget where I park my car.
My husband claims he married me for my memory and now he wants
a recall on our marriage license.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

For me I believe it has a lot to do with Flouride but not certain what else. Last spring I had fillings put in 9 teeth. The dentist said all of them contained flouride and would release it into my teeth over time to help rebuild them. He also coated them with a flouride varnish to ease sensitivity. Within a few days of those fillings I started getting what I call, fuzzy .ed. Basic words would elude me in mid-sentence. I found myself forgetting the simplest of things, often in the act of doing them.

I went to the doctor and they said all of my tests were normal and chalked it up to stress. However, my life has actually become much less stressful in the past two years instead of more so. The fillings have since been removed ( I ended up having to have those teeth pulled anyway.) Although I still find myself easily befuddled, my memory has improved quite a bit. Now I only lose things every day or so lol Thus, I believe the flouride in those fillings were a major contributing factor to my fuzzy .ed behavior. Oh and for the record, I am only 35.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I haven't forgot much lately.
Actually, I am remembering more of my past than before?

I am recalling my greatest childhood experiences like they just happened.
Re-living my past and remembering what I used to love doing.

Maybe I'm the only one...

Weird, because my tap water smells more chlorinated than ever before.
But, I try to drink distilled water everyday, so...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

You can use a brita filter or a filter that goes on the tap. They work well.As for not using fluoride toothpaste. You can get natural toothpastes at the natural store without fluroide or with natural fluoride. They stuff they use in toothpaste and water is a manufacturing byproduct.

A simple but less tastey solution is just plain baking soda.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
For women it can be a problem of low iron. It drags you down, makes you feel fatigued and forgetful.

Another problem is an epidemic of low vitamin D. Most people dont' spend enough time outdoors. People who work in cube towns are doubly so. Some experts think that the Vit D criteria is way too conservative. You can easily take 8k mg of D a day. Our ancestors would of spent all day in the sun, and nature would of taken advantage of that.

Look into Vit D therapy. A deficiency has a load of problems.

Also lack of sleep, and the US also has an exhuasted epidemic, can make you forgetful.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I've had memory and cognitive problems most of my life.
I sleep poorly, have a poor diet, and spend a of time watching entertainment instead of thinking. I also put myself through a good amount of stress.

So, that's what I tend to chalk it up to.
I will b buying a water filter with my next paycheck, and trying some different recommendations.

The last time, however, I tried taking supplements and such that were supposed to help encourage my mental facilities, it ended up getting a lot worse.

top topics

join