It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A possible solution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
A possible solution

I always read posts about ideals, perfect societies, utopia,
and I also read many posts about this "contol" our government has over us. Hell, I've even posted a few myself. But after every post, these threads are littered with skepticism. "How can this be accomplished?" "It's a dream!" "It can never happen." "We are stuck on this ride until it stops"
Well I'm here to share a possible solution.

At a very young age, elementary school I believe, I was taught by this institution believe it or not, the difference between a "want", and a "need". You all know what you need to survive. This is food, water, health products and a roof over your head. You all know you WANT the xbox, tv, car etc etc.
Now imagine for a second if you will, that this.. Temptation to spend money on trivial material posessions no longer existed. The only items you would purchase would be again.. Food, water, mabye some toilet paper, toothpaste, you get the idea. 
A large movement like this would shake things up like a snow globe in an earthquake. Essentially the globe would shatter. 
Food markets would skyrocket, production would rise and prices would fall. However the evil corperations would crumble.
Tv prices would drop, luring you back. Xbox and playstation would stop making games (this one makes me want to shed a tear litterally). But things would turn in our favor!
Don't you see?! This is what TPTB wants! BUY BUY waste you life slaving for items that will give you short term happiness! False happiness.
So now I propose to you all, buy what you need to survive, and save the rest of your money for a time when it is needed.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Youre right. 100%
I preach this alot. You dont need all of this crap.

I have had the same tv for the past three years. When it breaks, I will by a new one. same with my phone, radio, computer etc.

I will not "upgrade". Its BS. They try to get you to spend money on crap you dont need. You need good clothing. You need food.
You do not need all this other crap.

I like to be outside so much, and doing stuff on my days off. So now thta I think about it, if my TV broke...screw it.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
No. Corporations don't control you. You can be on the outside and still participate in the capitalist system. When you have money it's hard at first to control yourself because you want many different things and you just want to spend your money on that. Then over time you realize that it's important to save money and not throw it out everywhere you see something you like. You don't have to sacrifice your own material interest. You just have to use restraint. That's all it is really. You don't need to become aesthetic.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I agree on the the saving money part of this thread but the whole don't buy anything else crap is just what they want. It is self imposed communism and I believe this might be the end game they have in mind. I truly wish the progressive mind set would shrivel up and die.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Thats the problem, most people CANNOT use restraint.
Everything is status symbols. Big TV, big car, etc.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
In general I agree with the OP, however people who were employed in certain industries (what you consider to be luxury goods) such as I was (engraver) would be out of business.
How is rising unemployment going to help exactly?

new topics

top topics

join