It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming, Is it Really Happening?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

What Global Warming?

www.foxnews.com

30 Years of Global Cooling Are Coming, Leading Scientist Says

According to the U.S. National Snow and Ice Data Center in Colorado, the warming of the Earth since 1900 is due to natural oceanic cycles, and not man-made greenhouse gases. The agency also reports that Arctic summer sea ice has increased by 409,000 square miles, or 26 per cent, since 2007.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1/11/2010 by l neXus l]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This is Very interesting, so im wondering wether scientists know this for a fact or is it just a guess, i always thought global warming was kind of ludacris, the earth goes through major cycles of cleansing and rebirth, ups and downs and we just happen to notice it at this time in the Earths Life, as for me The trend seems to be Stable in my eyes, hopefully these scientists are right

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I don't think the Eearth's climate is getting colder or warmer overall. I just think temperature is becoming more extreme. I.e. colder winters and warmer summers. I think eventually Spring and Fall in the US will be a thing of the past. And that will spell trouble for a whole host of things including crops and agriculture.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Good ol reliable fox news. That is where you want to go for all your global warming info. And alarmist as usual.

You do realize that any cooling or warming process for ice ages take centuries, not a single year, right?

And to have an ice age, you need cool summers. 2005 we had record heat all over the world.

This summer is supposed to be blistering.

Don't forget that the lower hemisphere is in summer. The global climate doesn't just pertain to where YOU live.

seems things are hot in NZ.

northland site

[edit on 11-1-2010 by nixie_nox]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
well duh!! i just posted the article that i found interesting, thats all

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

Thanks for posting this. I am new here and I have always wondered if Global Warming might be a hoax. Seems like this kind of confirms my suspicions. I already love this place.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
welcome to the forums, im pretty new myself but i have a general idea of whats going on here, its good you love it noob =P

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Thanks for the welcome. Nice to meet other people who seek the truth. All my friends go on and on about Global Warming, but I have always though it was just the new Y2K. Somebody always makes up something new to convince us we are all going to die a horrible death. It is kinda funny actually.

Makes you wonder what the next crazy thing they will try to convince us is going to kill us. They will probably just make up a reason why we are still alive in 2013 and push the date back a few years. I guess it makes for good documentaries on the History Channel though.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
You do realize that any cooling or warming process for ice ages take centuries, not a single year, right?

Sorry to tell you that you are wrong... This shows how uninformed you are... There have been mayor Climate Changes into cold, and warming that have occurred within a decade, and even withing a few years...

It is called Abrupt Climate Change for a reason...

And to have an ice age, you need cool summers. 2005 we had record heat all over the world.

You fo realize that for Global Warming you need warmer winters?... yet we have been having record breaking winters?.....

This summer is supposed to be blistering.

Who is claiming that?... We have a good video in another thread showing how inneficient the reports from a certain "mainstream" source is...

Don't forget that the lower hemisphere is in summer. The global climate doesn't just pertain to where YOU live.

In the past it has been almost the same.... BTW did you miss all the "record breaking cold weather/climate occurring around the world for several years now?.....

seems things are hot in NZ.

....You do know what El Nino is right?.... Did you know it is the cause for the hot weather in the southern hemisphere?.....

[edit on 11-1-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
there has been some super crazy weather in the past decade. this year alone in nebraska we have had 11 days of below zero highs and 44 inches of snow in december/ january

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Great thread man!
Enjoy the title

Its hard to "sell" the general population on the idea of global warming when alot of them are driving in snow for the first time. Which must be insane, i know up here every year the first snowfall its a nightmare, and we have snow all the time people forget so quickly. So for you yanks with the first snowfalls i cant imagine the roads.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by Hack28]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Feeling Frisky

Hey, welcome to the boards. BTW, if you are interested do a search about the leaked emails that show the main AGW proponents rigged the data, did everything in their power to maintain people in the dark not allowing them to get the original programs or data through the FOIA, but instead only released the rigged data.

They talked about discrediting anyone who dared doubt or contradicted their claims.. Talked about changing the "peer-review process" if necessary to keep their SCAM alive, etc, etc.....

Then within a week we found out that they also deleted most of the raw climate/temperature data for the past 150 years, and their claim was that "they did it because they needed space"....

So yes, finally AGW has been shown to be a scam, even when their proponents still are trying to find ways to keep their religious scam alive...

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28

Hey man, i dont wanna be that jerk that is picky about spelling and all that. We are all guilty, i saw that you said you were new. For futur threads your message will be received much better if the title is well better than:

What Global Warming?

I get your saying "what" as in "what global warming? Where is this jerk its really cold" but it came across like you forgot the "is" in "what is global warming". Reads like Rosie Perez started the thread, im not trying to offend you only to help for your futur threads!!!

thanks for the help man, i actually took the title directly from foxnews, LOL jokes on them, i renamed it hopefully it will grab more attention

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Feeling Frisky

Thanks for posting this. I am new here and I have always wondered if Global Warming might be a hoax. Seems like this kind of confirms my suspicions. I already love this place.

I wouldnt call it a hoax, its not so much are we causing it, in my mind its more, are we stuffing up the established cycle... ie are our pollutants and the like going to make the cold or warm ends of the cycle more extreme, or occur far earlier than normal.

The worlds an interdependent system, its all connected and where part of that machinery, just because the north is colder, doesn't mean warming isnt happening... because Ill tell you what here in the southern hemisphere where getting some of the highest temps on record the last year or two, not to mention Australias got real problems at the moment, and even some areas of my own country are facing possible drought soon.

Yes Global climate change either warming or cooling is natural... thing is how much of it are we imbalancing the system? unfortunately all you get is people on both sides of the debate bible thumping their own beliefs and agendas (pro industry 'profit at all costs' business men, fanatical 'mankind is a blight' greenies etc) and not actually doing anything to fix it, its just turned in to an ideological war of words, thats been hi-jacked by politicians and others for their own purposes.

Ultimately both sides are right as well as wrong, and both sides need to do something about it.

Whats odd to me is that people dont realise the hotter it gets the colder it gets also... you can die in bellow zero temperatures at night in the Sahara desert, one of the hottest places on the earth. Mans fubaring the swing... its gonna get worse before it gets better since thats the only thing that will make people stop arguing and actual get into action.

And as I tend to put it, regardless of if we do or do not cause climate change... WHY NOT clean up our environment and aim for better energy tech that doesnt have dangerous draw backs?.. I guess we enjoy living in a borderline pigsty.

Edit:- Given the weather last year, I think my own countries gonna be in for one heck of a Winter this year, Will be interesting to see just how hot it'll get in Europe come summer if this cold snap lasts for a good while.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well, they just made a # load of money from you through green taxes, made you scrap lots of your vintage and old cars for nothing, now its time to cool down

Place bets now: Global cooling taxes for extra gritters!!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

exactly that was my whole point, get more attention to prudent issues.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

You claim that people are just on either side but noone is trying to fix the problem of Climate Change?.. Doesn't that put you on the side of the people who claim we are affecting the climate?

BTW, where is the evidence that we have caused Climate Change to get worse?

Just like the weather doesn't make the climate, environmental problems don't make the global climate.

There are definetedly environmental problems, but going after CO2, which is needed by all life, is not going to solve any pronlems...it will however create more problems for nature, and for mankind.

You are making your own conclusions without any evidence to support that conclusion.

[edited to add ccomment]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
People have been dragged in to this false sence of belief that we are partly to cause for the fluctation of warming when in FACT this is a cycle that has happened over 1000's of years.

With most people, they would rather take the advice of an "expert" that probably doesnt know as much as hes letting on "guess work" rather than do a bit of digging and research and realise that the "Global Warming" is in fact a natural phenomenon.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

Seems to me we are not causing anything. The earth and the solar system are going to do what they are going to do regardless of us. I can't really buy the fact that there is global warming when I am colder than a witches teet in a brass bra at the moment. Thing is weather changes over the years. Sometimes hot, sometimes cold, sometimes luke warm. I don't see any sense in flipping out over a little ice melting or freezing. For all we know the world might be better off a few degrees warmer on average. Who is to say it is a bad thing.

The way I see it is that if a bunch of ice melts then see levels rise a bit. Why should I care or pay more taxes. I don't even live by the ocean or get my water from glacial run-off. Maybe the people who are going to have to move should start saving up themselves and plan to move. No sense in destroying the world economy over some ice and sea levels.

Everything I have read says that if even if we try to lower it the best we can do in the next hundred years or so is affect temperature by one degree or less.

Plus we could do all we could do and one good volcano blowing its top would undo all of that times 10. Should we tax the people in countries with volcanos everytime they erupt?

[edit on 11-1-2010 by Feeling Frisky]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join