It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Tests conclude artillery shell contained sarin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
A 155mm artillery shell found on May 15th has tested positive of containing sarin. The shell exploded two days after being found, causing two soldiers, minor health problems.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- An artillery shell used in a roadside bomb in Baghdad did contain the nerve agent sarin as originally thought, U.S. officials confirmed Tuesday.

Laboratory tests confirmed initial findings from field tests that suggested the chemical agent was in the shell, which was found on May 15 and exploded two days later.

www.cnn.com...

The 155 mm artillery shell was designed to mix two inert chemicals when fired from a cannon to produce sarin, and military officials said it was ineffective when rigged as a roadside bomb.

Tests do not show how old the nerve agent was.

The coalition must still determine if the shell's discovery indicates Saddam possessed chemical weapons before the U.S. invasion last year.

Officials in Washington said another shell -- this one containing mustard gas -- has also been found in Iraq.

No other evidence of possible chemical weapons has been found in Iraq. The Bush administration cited weapons of mass destruction as a key reason for its invasion.

So, does this help those who believe that Saddam possesed WMD's or is it something bigger, more of a conspiracy, a WMD possibly planted ?

[Edited on 5-25-2004 by Valhall]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
ahhh, Phoenix beat me to it.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Let's say, for the sake of argument, we find evidence of Saddam's WMDs. Would Bush go back to his original reason for invading Iraq? Or would he stay with his 'democracy in the Middle East' or 'Saddam was a bad guy'? Jeez, I'm sorry, I think now the reason we invaded was to stop al queda. Or are they trying to make it WMDs again?

join