It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Skies TV Series.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
This sounds like a very interesting series. I really enjoyed "Taken", and all the Stargate series, Think I will try finding this one somewhere out there!

Thanks for bringing this to attention!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selevon
This sounds like a very interesting series. I really enjoyed "Taken", and all the Stargate series, Think I will try finding this one somewhere out there!

Thanks for bringing this to attention!

I watched the series when it first aired in the UK (some of the episodes) then a few years later got the whole series on video, which is no longer in my pocession as my ex had a bonfire with my stuff (my precious book library ouch - had to start again).

Great series, cannot wait to watch it again, just had it delivered from Amazon

My favourite episode was the JFK assassination which was superb.
edit on 25/3/11 by Hongkongphooey because: typo and additional info

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Thought it was a great series too, and was a bit gutted when reading what they had planned not long ago if it had carried on :

"Although the last episode produced provides some form of closure for the series, the show's creators had originally hoped to create five seasons, as indicated by the show's "Bible" or major planning document.[1] According to Zabel and Friedman's original plan, the pilot and first season (given the overall title "Official Denial") would cover the period from 1962 to 1969, the second season ("Progenitor") 1970 to 1976, the third season ("Cloak of Fear") 1977 to 1986, the fourth season ("New World Order") would cover 1987 to 1999, and the fifth and final season ("Stroke of Midnight") would break from the decade-spanning format to encompass the apocalyptic final conflict against the invaders, taking place from 2000 to 2001."

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm still annoyed about Dark Angel more though to be honest. The conspiracy in that show was getting amazing, then Fox cancelled it's third series. Jessica Alba was virtually unknown back then too, strange thought when seeing how famous she is now.

Am mainly watching Fringe nowadays, and that's apparently had a 4th series allowed, so that's cool at least.
edit on 25-3-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I remember Dark Skies very well and was totally blown away about how they explained to Joe Public the Roswell scenerio, Betty and Barney Hill, the JFK killings and so on. I personally believe it WAS part of the Cosmic Journey process that got cancelled in the mid 1990s. This is a project Timothy Good described as a fast track disclourse programme peaking with the exhibition of a genuine crashed UFO and dead genuine ailens/ET's. I was amazed it was allowed to go on air, and i do think it was an attempt to groom the public into revealing a peek behind the closed curtains as it were.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zeetroyman

Well that sucks, I couldn't find it on Netflix. Not even as a future potential release.
2nd line!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Mine arrived from Amazon today so guess what I will be doing this weekend

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThInGS Ar3 NoT WHaT Th3y
Dark Skies
you must have DivX

Wow, thanks for the link. The megaupload account doesn't work anymore but if you click on "Stagevu" you can download every single episode in great quality! l'm downloading right now and burning it later on DVD.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I really believe there is room in the television marketplace for another ufo/conspiracy genre series.
I miss the excitement of the x-files alien themed episodes, there is so much utter crap on television that i would rather read a book.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrashRetrieval
I really believe there is room in the television marketplace for another ufo/conspiracy genre series.
I miss the excitement of the x-files alien themed episodes, there is so much utter crap on television that i would rather read a book.

Well, we have "The Event" and also "V" right now filling that void...though neither are as "deep" as the X-Files were...

But, its too bad they didn't continue on with the rest of the planned seasons Dark Skies. I just finished watching all of them and they were quite enjoyable. Pretty cool how they weaved real events into nearly every show, though I was slightly off-put as to how they used a couple "real people". The roles they had for Marcel and Sagan in-particular were quite an unwelcome stretch, and the role Zamora played was about as far from his reported real personality as possible...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Toxicsurf

Everyone should watch this series not only once.. If it didn't make sense to you put it in back of your mind and come back to it.. The makers of this series wasn't aloud to go on with what they were going to put out.. however if they get the funding they plan on making a motion picture with the rest of what they wanted to tell or at least that was the plan a while back...

<< 1   >>

join